Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? 16:44 - Jun 20 with 6628 viewsLord_Lucan

Feck me, I saw one yesterday and it's as long as your arm and about 4" thick.

How the hell would you cook the beast?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 16:47 - Jun 20 with 6011 viewsJakeITFC

Which Lidl?

I'll go and buy one tonight.
Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 16:53 - Jun 20 with 5981 viewsfactual_blue

Ask as The Angel in Lavenham as they serve them. All I know is that they want 24 hours notice if you want a well done steak.

Which you shouldn't.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 17:01 - Jun 20 with 5952 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 16:47 - Jun 20 by JakeITFC

Which Lidl?

I'll go and buy one tonight.

I went in the one near you yesterday, they only had one on the shelf but my mate reckons sometimes you have to ask and they will get more out.

I didn't make a purchase as I would have had to buy one for RKD and at £13 a pop I thought I would wait until he is out.

As it happens he was out anyway.

They actually look like a tomahawk, I stared at it for 5 minutes.

Edit; keep me updated.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 17:02]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 17:01 - Jun 20 with 5934 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 17:01 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

I went in the one near you yesterday, they only had one on the shelf but my mate reckons sometimes you have to ask and they will get more out.

I didn't make a purchase as I would have had to buy one for RKD and at £13 a pop I thought I would wait until he is out.

Edit; keep me updated.

Tight bastard.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 17:34 - Jun 20 with 5850 viewsbournemouthblue

I have been looking every where for one of these but eventually got one in Morrisons

I cooked mine up on the BBQ and finished it off in the oven before it giving a few more kisses of BBQ smoke afterwards before resting it

It was fairly tasty and certainly tender

Given the sheer depth of of the cut, I'd recommend have some seasoning you can sprinkle on each slice
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 17:35]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 18:05 - Jun 20 with 5773 viewsfactual_blue

Looks like Moosey has his own food website....

https://www.thespruceeats.com/tomahawk-rib-eye-steak-2313425

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 18:08 - Jun 20 with 5765 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 18:05 - Jun 20 by factual_blue

Looks like Moosey has his own food website....

https://www.thespruceeats.com/tomahawk-rib-eye-steak-2313425

It's important to diversify your business interests.

You might like to also check out Moosefeets.com, moosefeats.com, moosemeats.com, moosebeats.com, moosebeets.com, moosecheats.com, moosesweets.com and moosemeets.com (for the lonely moose out there).
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 18:10]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 18:31 - Jun 20 with 5709 viewsBent_double

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 16:53 - Jun 20 by factual_blue

Ask as The Angel in Lavenham as they serve them. All I know is that they want 24 hours notice if you want a well done steak.

Which you shouldn't.

By well done, you mean actually cooked, right?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 18:48 - Jun 20 with 5681 viewsJakeITFC

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 17:01 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

Edit; keep me updated.

UPDATE: Steak is in hand.

Ravenswood had sold out so I’ve had to travel to J-Block territory, hopefully I make it home.
Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 19:07 - Jun 20 with 5619 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 18:08 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

You might like to also check out Moosefeets.com, moosefeats.com, moosemeats.com, moosebeats.com, moosebeets.com, moosecheats.com, moosesweets.com and moosemeets.com (for the lonely moose out there).

Presumably mooseteats.com caters for a more niche market?

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 19:56 - Jun 20 with 5537 viewsFreddies_Ears

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 18:08 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

And while you are at it, check out Brent Holmes' album "Moose tunes for Kids". It is brilliant, honest!!!
Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 20:29 - Jun 20 with 5475 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 18:48 - Jun 20 by JakeITFC

UPDATE: Steak is in hand.

Ravenswood had sold out so I’ve had to travel to J-Block territory, hopefully I make it home.

Your Tomahawk has gone viral.

Have you eaten the Mother yet?

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 20:42 - Jun 20 with 5445 viewsmonytowbray

This may surprise you but no, I have not had one of these.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 20:45 - Jun 20 with 5421 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 20:42 - Jun 20 by monytowbray

This may surprise you but no, I have not had one of these.

I'd rather have a vegan meal than eat that.

Truly impaired.

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 20:54 - Jun 20 with 5386 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 20:45 - Jun 20 by J2BLUE

I'd rather have a vegan meal than eat that.

What is wrong with you?

Why wouldn't you eat that?

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 20:59 - Jun 20 with 5362 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 20:54 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

What is wrong with you?

Why wouldn't you eat that?

Doesn't appeal at all.

I could make a really nice vegetable curry or eat that...

Not that i'm making this a vegan thing. I eat meat.

Truly impaired.

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 21:05 - Jun 20 with 5344 viewsjeera

I bought a couple from the butcher's counter in Tesco some weeks back. Huge things at £17 each and that was a half-price offer. Put one in the freezer and set about the other.

I seared it each side on a griddle then stuck it in the oven on low for half hour or so.

Rib eye at the end of the day. Fatty but tender.

Gorged on it for 3 days.

Following that is when I got my 1st proper gout attack funnily enough.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 21:12 - Jun 20 with 5313 viewsJakeITFC

It was a bit of a difficult cook. I don’t have a bbq so had to griddle and wasn’t sure I was getting enough heat coverage for an even cook. Finished in the oven and whilst it was lovely and pink I don’t think I cooked it particularly well because the fat was still so prominent.

Lovely taste though, and rib eye isn’t a cut I’d eat particularly often.
Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 21:17 - Jun 20 with 5291 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 21:12 - Jun 20 by JakeITFC

It was a bit of a difficult cook. I don’t have a bbq so had to griddle and wasn’t sure I was getting enough heat coverage for an even cook. Finished in the oven and whilst it was lovely and pink I don’t think I cooked it particularly well because the fat was still so prominent.

Lovely taste though, and rib eye isn’t a cut I’d eat particularly often.

Doesn't look too bad, maybe a bit overcooked for me but it's a b@gger to know first time how long it's going to take I would imagine. Mighty fine effort though.

I think I will put it on a micro heat for a while and then sear the feck out of the Mother.

Always remember that it will cook faster by having a bone in it.

Did you have chips?

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 21:33 - Jun 20 with 5246 viewsJakeITFC

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 21:17 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

Doesn't look too bad, maybe a bit overcooked for me but it's a b@gger to know first time how long it's going to take I would imagine. Mighty fine effort though.

I think I will put it on a micro heat for a while and then sear the feck out of the Mother.

Did you have chips?

I usually eat fillet that’s as blue as can be, so it’s a bit over for me also, but I was so prang about the fat that I think I gave it a little longer than I should.

If I was to do it again I’d sear over flames, and cook it on a very low temp.

Edit: yes, served with some chips, vine tomatoes and rocket.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 21:35]
Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 21:33 - Jun 20 with 5245 viewsjeera

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 21:17 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

Did you have chips?

It'll go well on your bbq.

Can't see it would need much else.

You have a bbq large enough I recall.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 21:42 - Jun 20 with 5208 viewsfooters

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 21:05 - Jun 20 by jeera

I bought a couple from the butcher's counter in Tesco some weeks back. Huge things at £17 each and that was a half-price offer. Put one in the freezer and set about the other.

I seared it each side on a griddle then stuck it in the oven on low for half hour or so.

Rib eye at the end of the day. Fatty but tender.

Gorged on it for 3 days.

Following that is when I got my 1st proper gout attack funnily enough.

Haha. Made me think of this:

Think I might trundle up to Lidl tomorrow and take on the tomahawk challenge.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 22:18 - Jun 20 with 5130 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 21:33 - Jun 20 by JakeITFC

I usually eat fillet that’s as blue as can be, so it’s a bit over for me also, but I was so prang about the fat that I think I gave it a little longer than I should.

If I was to do it again I’d sear over flames, and cook it on a very low temp.

Edit: yes, served with some chips, vine tomatoes and rocket.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 21:35]

I saw the finished result, I presume the toms and rocket were for photographic purposes only.

I'm surprised you like fillet tbh, I don't care for fillet personally. I like lots of fat.

I'm gonna have to get one of these beasts.

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 22:25 - Jun 20 with 5116 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 21:33 - Jun 20 by jeera

It'll go well on your bbq.

Can't see it would need much else.

You have a bbq large enough I recall.

I downsized my BBQ this year but still big enough.

I think I'm gonna put it in the oven at 0.5 for a while and then incinerate the outside on the BBQ for a short burst.

I'm planning on eating it Desperate Dan stylee.

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 22:35 - Jun 20 with 5097 viewsJakeITFC

Anyone had one of those Tomahawk steaks from Lidl? on 22:18 - Jun 20 by Lord_Lucan

I saw the finished result, I presume the toms and rocket were for photographic purposes only.

I'm surprised you like fillet tbh, I don't care for fillet personally. I like lots of fat.

I'm gonna have to get one of these beasts.

Geezer at Ravenswood Lidl said they only had a few in to start with.

Was maybe three left at London Road when I left.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024