Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Young drivers & not indicating 21:35 - Jul 14 with 9927 viewsartsbossbeard

is this "a thing"?

I've noted this before in Ipswich but today I was looking to pull out of a side street near the ground and a young lad in a beat up Focus pulled into the same road as I without indicating, I threw my arm up in an Italian/Soprano's manner to be greeted by a middle finger from the Focus driver.

Difficult to take from a conformist indictor-er and, weirdly enough, a BMW driver.

EDIT: I'm not sure if I've explained thing properly here. The young lad had no intention of indicating, it was a deliberate act not to do so and he was equally ready to give me the finger after I reacted.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 9:35]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Young drivers & not indicating on 21:46 - Jul 14 with 4475 viewsMullet

People in general, and actually usually middle-aged men to be honest if we're narrowing it down to demographics.

These are made up of subsets like 'indicating once my wheels touch the line Audi man', and can be added to by the likes of 'Hubby told me this Qashqai was a 4x4 so I drive it like a dodgem aspiringly posh lady'.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Young drivers & not indicating on 21:46 - Jul 14 with 4471 viewsRob88

Nothing to do with age. Some people just don’t know how to indicate their intentions when driving.
Young drivers & not indicating on 21:48 - Jul 14 with 4463 viewsRob88

Young drivers & not indicating on 21:46 - Jul 14 by Mullet

People in general, and actually usually middle-aged men to be honest if we're narrowing it down to demographics.

These are made up of subsets like 'indicating once my wheels touch the line Audi man', and can be added to by the likes of 'Hubby told me this Qashqai was a 4x4 so I drive it like a dodgem aspiringly posh lady'.

From observation you could be forgiven for thinking it’s signal manoeuvre mirror.
Young drivers & not indicating on 21:50 - Jul 14 with 4452 viewstextbackup

you want proper road rage, or atleast watching it, just sit in the new wickes car park (up martlesham) and watch the Tesco shoppers ignore the mini roundabout..... ive spent most of my summer sat there watching this

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Young drivers & not indicating on 22:07 - Jul 14 with 4385 viewsfooters

Young drivers & not indicating on 21:50 - Jul 14 by textbackup

you want proper road rage, or atleast watching it, just sit in the new wickes car park (up martlesham) and watch the Tesco shoppers ignore the mini roundabout..... ive spent most of my summer sat there watching this

Blimey, texters, sounds like you need to get out a bit more! Just not at the Martlesham Tesco ;)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Young drivers & not indicating on 22:43 - Jul 14 with 4315 viewstextbackup

Young drivers & not indicating on 22:07 - Jul 14 by footers

Blimey, texters, sounds like you need to get out a bit more! Just not at the Martlesham Tesco ;)

I was only joking, when I say watching it all summer I meant "whilst I ate my fat boy breakfast roll from the burger van in the carpark"

who, incidentally, has a massive town fan running it.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Young drivers & not indicating on 23:31 - Jul 14 with 4245 viewsmonytowbray

Someone literally did this as I left Tesco this week. I was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING? ARE YOU ACTUALLY ABOUT TO GO THE WRONG WAY AROUND A ROUNDABOUT? And then he did.

I made him wait for me to pass, slowed down in his path and did a spinny thing with my finger to indicate he was on a roundabout. He basically looked at me as if I were mental.

Tw@t.

It was around midday, wasn’t you off to get breakfast, was it?! ;)
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 23:33]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Young drivers & not indicating on 00:37 - Jul 15 with 4174 viewsStokieBlue

Young drivers & not indicating on 23:31 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

Someone literally did this as I left Tesco this week. I was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING? ARE YOU ACTUALLY ABOUT TO GO THE WRONG WAY AROUND A ROUNDABOUT? And then he did.

I made him wait for me to pass, slowed down in his path and did a spinny thing with my finger to indicate he was on a roundabout. He basically looked at me as if I were mental.

Tw@t.

Sounds like it's lucky they didn't have to put one of these in there:

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Young drivers & not indicating on 00:40 - Jul 15 with 4168 viewsNewcyBlue

I have noticed that drivers down South are less courteous, and possibly less aware of other road users than they are up North.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Young drivers & not indicating on 07:00 - Jul 15 with 4034 viewsgordon

Young drivers & not indicating on 23:31 - Jul 14 by monytowbray

Tw@t.

Going the wrong way round a roundabout when no one else is around in the early morning is a great adrenaline rush tho.
Young drivers & not indicating on 07:03 - Jul 15 with 4024 viewsReuser_is_God

Also people in big cars who think they’re immortal on the road.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Young drivers & not indicating on 07:59 - Jul 15 with 3949 viewsStokieBlue

Young drivers & not indicating on 07:03 - Jul 15 by Reuser_is_God

Also people in big cars who think they’re immortal on the road.

They kind of are aren't they? Mass is key with regards to force and momentum.

Many of them are still total tools though.

SB

Young drivers & not indicating on 08:05 - Jul 15 with 3936 viewsDeano69

Someone was telling me the other day that you are now not meant to indicate when passing a parked vehicle. Apparently, after decades of doing this, indicating could be confusing to other drivers??

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Young drivers & not indicating on 08:09 - Jul 15 with 3932 viewsNo9

Ride a motorbike & you soon discover BMW's, along with Range Rovers & Jag's aren't fitted with indicators, rear view mirrors or dip switches - or is it the drivers haven't been taught to use them?

Young women have internal rear view mirrors for appplying / adjusting make up.-, children & dogs are directing the driver, 'Back off baby on board' actually means be aware I am not concentrating on what I should be.

Everyone else should be treated with caution, HGV drivers are NOT 'kings of the road' & PSV drivers have too many blind spots to mention.

AND - Sundays mean - stay in the back yard
Young drivers & not indicating on 08:14 - Jul 15 with 3921 viewschicoazul

It's the new trend of "letting people go at roundabouts even though it's my right of way" thing I can't abide. What are we, French?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Young drivers & not indicating on 08:17 - Jul 15 with 3919 viewsNo9

Young drivers & not indicating on 08:14 - Jul 15 by chicoazul

It's the new trend of "letting people go at roundabouts even though it's my right of way" thing I can't abide. What are we, French?

"letting people go at roundabouts even though it's my right of way"

If you mean teh new mini roundabouts, there were a Dutch invention
Or is it something else?
Young drivers & not indicating on 08:17 - Jul 15 with 3919 viewsWeWereZombies

Young drivers & not indicating on 07:59 - Jul 15 by StokieBlue

SB

You are mainly correct but there was a tragic case near Dolgoch in mid-Wales where an off roading 4x4 overturned into a river. Locals struggled to help the driver and might have succeeded in righting a lighter vehicle but in this instance the driver drowned.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Young drivers & not indicating on 08:31 - Jul 15 with 3885 viewsStokieBlue

Young drivers & not indicating on 08:17 - Jul 15 by WeWereZombies

You are mainly correct but there was a tragic case near Dolgoch in mid-Wales where an off roading 4x4 overturned into a river. Locals struggled to help the driver and might have succeeded in righting a lighter vehicle but in this instance the driver drowned.

Horrible but that's an edge case.

With regards to collisions, mass is king (given nobody is going to be travelling at properly high speeds).

Shouldn't be so many 4x4s on the roads though. Not everyone lives up a mountain.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 8:32]

Young drivers & not indicating on 08:38 - Jul 15 with 3857 viewsNo9

Young drivers & not indicating on 08:31 - Jul 15 by StokieBlue

Horrible but that's an edge case.

With regards to collisions, mass is king (given nobody is going to be travelling at properly high speeds).

Shouldn't be so many 4x4s on the roads though. Not everyone lives up a mountain.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 8:32]

"Shouldn't be so many 4x4s on the roads"

East Anglian roads and the lack of maintenance make Chelsea tractos the vehicle of choice, outside urban areas almost obligatory between Oct 01 & March 31
Young drivers & not indicating on 08:40 - Jul 15 with 3853 viewsReuser_is_God

Young drivers & not indicating on 07:59 - Jul 15 by StokieBlue

SB

Yes but that doesn’t give them a right to drive in such a way.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Young drivers & not indicating on 08:45 - Jul 15 with 3836 viewsStokieBlue

Young drivers & not indicating on 08:38 - Jul 15 by No9

"Shouldn't be so many 4x4s on the roads"

East Anglian roads and the lack of maintenance make Chelsea tractos the vehicle of choice, outside urban areas almost obligatory between Oct 01 & March 31

That's not really true is it.

Also not all 4x4 have to be giant buses.

SB

Young drivers & not indicating on 08:50 - Jul 15 with 3820 viewsNo9

Young drivers & not indicating on 08:45 - Jul 15 by StokieBlue

That's not really true is it.

Also not all 4x4 have to be giant buses.

SB

I agree not all 4 X 4's have to be huge, you can have a Prorsche + others

you don't drive on many East Anglian roads in winter do you?
Young drivers & not indicating on 08:57 - Jul 15 with 3796 viewsNo9

Young drivers & not indicating on 00:37 - Jul 15 by StokieBlue

Sounds like it's lucky they didn't have to put one of these in there:

SB

A new road to the immediate north of Norwich NDR has some terribly badly engineered & constructed roundabouts, and the road surface is very bumpy. It has only been opne a few weeks and already the number of acsidents is very concerning, the Norfolk County Council says it's bad driving but, the new roundabout on the A146 shows without doubt it is substandard road building
Young drivers & not indicating on 08:59 - Jul 15 with 3800 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Driving in London is a lot worse than it used to be. I’m sure people used to let you in which never happens now.... it’s essential to be extremely aggressive and force your way in. Also I was flashed and undertaken buy people using the bus lane twice last night. My crime?... doing 30 in a 30
Young drivers & not indicating on 10:30 - Jul 15 with 3653 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

LOL

St Augustine’s roundabout is currently a bit chaotic when coming from Sainsbury’s way. Historically you take the right lane to go straight over, however they’ve removed the road markings which strictly speaking means you should now use the left lane. 95% of traffic is still using the right lane but you get the odd driver using the left, from which I must have seen at least 10 near accidents in the past month alone

I’ve just taken to hovering in the middle

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024