Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi 09:34 - Sep 23 with 2087 viewsITFC_Forever

Should it come to that... and if we are still winless going in to the next International break, that could well become reality.

One point we discussed at the game yesterday, is that ME clearly told Hurst he could have x% of any income he generated from transfers, Webster was sold and others brought in, fair enough.

But then Waghorn and Garner left, and suddenly Hurst had the means to bring in more players, and possibly changing too much too soon.

So further to points that are becoming clearer daily, Hurst and Deputy Doig came in and changed a lot, and peed a lot of people off pretty quickly.
Just a theory, but could this have been the catalyst for Waghorn and Garner to decide their future lay elsewhere? That they didn’t want to be a part of it.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 09:37 - Sep 23 with 2061 viewsDubtractor

Wasn't it widely reported that Garner wanted to be back in the North West with family?

The point may stand for Waghorn though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 09:40 - Sep 23 with 2030 viewsSteve_M

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 09:37 - Sep 23 by Dubtractor

Wasn't it widely reported that Garner wanted to be back in the North West with family?

He did but McGoldrick wanted to go to Leicester and Mings wanted to go to Palace. Surely it's the job of a manager to persuade players that they can do a job for them here - maybe Hurst could have asked Garner to stay to help bed in Jackson and Harrison.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 09:42 - Sep 23 with 2007 viewsBurwell_Blue

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 09:40 - Sep 23 by Steve_M

He did but McGoldrick wanted to go to Leicester and Mings wanted to go to Palace. Surely it's the job of a manager to persuade players that they can do a job for them here - maybe Hurst could have asked Garner to stay to help bed in Jackson and Harrison.

Didz wanted to stay and wanted a 2yr deal but was only offered 1. That is why he decided to go.
I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 09:48 - Sep 23 with 1965 viewsblueislander

Hurst's big problem, in my eyes, is that he misjudged the standad of the Championship. He has brought in lower league players who looked good to him. Nolan is therime example. He was able to dictate matches last year, but , as yet, has not done it for us. Ellison doesn't look anywhere near good enough. Neither Jackson nor Edwards have sparkled, and Nsiala seems no better than what we have.
The othrr, and even bigger problem has been his treatment of the younger players, which, if the rumours are true has alienated Klug.
I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 09:50 - Sep 23 with 1936 viewsFixed_It

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 09:48 - Sep 23 by blueislander

Hurst's big problem, in my eyes, is that he misjudged the standad of the Championship. He has brought in lower league players who looked good to him. Nolan is therime example. He was able to dictate matches last year, but , as yet, has not done it for us. Ellison doesn't look anywhere near good enough. Neither Jackson nor Edwards have sparkled, and Nsiala seems no better than what we have.
The othrr, and even bigger problem has been his treatment of the younger players, which, if the rumours are true has alienated Klug.

I think we should give Ellison a go.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 10:02 - Sep 23 with 1898 viewsbrogansnose

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 09:40 - Sep 23 by Steve_M

It baffles me that Waghorn was so happy to be here that he was moving down his wifes family to Suffolk. Obviously there was interest from M'boro and Derby but IIRC we put a price tag of £7 -8 Million on him. Further on down the line we go back to Derby and tell them they can have him for £5 M so that Hurst can then get the Shrews Two deals done.

I don't believe that we had to do that particular deal and boy are we missing him, so much so that Evans had to go out and loan Walters when it immediately became apparent that Jackson and Harrison were not adequate replacements and would take time to get up to speed, if they do at all. Whatever we are paying Walters we could have been paying Waghorn if a sweetener was needed.

The more you look the more apparent Little Roy looks out of his depth and is actually causing the club harm.
I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 10:05 - Sep 23 with 1887 viewsMullet

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 09:37 - Sep 23 by Dubtractor

Apparently he spent the day in Wigan waiting to hear if Hurst and Evans were going to let him go on the day. Doesn't sound like he was forcing a move at all but we dithered on whether the cash was enough, and decided it was.

Same as Waghorn.

The only one who clearly "forced" a move was Webster who was grinning like a Cheshire cat and nearly tripping over himself to get to the West country.

As I said weeks ago, Hurst has chosen this route with signings and been reactive too boot.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 10:16 - Sep 23 with 1823 viewslowhouseblue

i suspect hurst had a plan for what he would do with shrewsbury if they got to the championship - and a list of targets to go with it. he's been more interested in applying that then seeing what we had already and trying to develop it. i don't think he really knows the championship. we now have the feel of a third place team who came up through the playoffs and are struggling to make the step up. i can't see a plan and the quality of our squad has the feel of a team going straight back down. in the time we've been in the championship, yesterday was the first time i thought i was watching a side heading down.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 10:24 - Sep 23 with 1777 viewspointofblue

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 10:16 - Sep 23 by lowhouseblue

i suspect hurst had a plan for what he would do with shrewsbury if they got to the championship - and a list of targets to go with it. he's been more interested in applying that then seeing what we had already and trying to develop it. i don't think he really knows the championship. we now have the feel of a third place team who came up through the playoffs and are struggling to make the step up. i can't see a plan and the quality of our squad has the feel of a team going straight back down. in the time we've been in the championship, yesterday was the first time i thought i was watching a side heading down.

The first time even though Hurst has been in charge for nine matches?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 10:30 - Sep 23 with 1746 viewsITFC_Forever

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 10:16 - Sep 23 by lowhouseblue

No, that was under Jewel.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 10:57 - Sep 23 with 1653 viewsGuthrum

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 09:48 - Sep 23 by blueislander

I think it's more specific than that. He misjudged the standard - and style - of defending in this division presently.

I really only see L1 games through the medium of highlights, but there does seem to be just that little bit more space and time available, particularly when teams are caught on the break. Perhaps the defenders are fractionally less skilled and fast (or physically large, while still athletic). Not huge margins, but enough to render a system which works at that level ineffective at this.

In the Championship you have to create your own space, using speed (on the ground or through the air) or maneuver combined with numbers in the box. Shooting accuracy is at a premium, you don't get many free opportunities. There's no room for sloppiness with delivery of corners.

I tend to agree with the youth going out on loan at this stage. Better to play a fully developed and League-experienced man in his early twenties than throw in our own raw teenagers just hoping they'll cope for the whole 46 games. Yes, the youth performed individually quite well in a number of matches last season, but we didn't actually win very many of those.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 11:01 - Sep 23 with 1626 viewslowhouseblue

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 10:30 - Sep 23 by ITFC_Forever

No, that was under Jewel.

genuinely thought we had too much quality under jewell or keane to go down. don't think i believed it was really going to happen.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 11:42 - Sep 23 with 1565 viewsGuthrum

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 11:01 - Sep 23 by lowhouseblue

genuinely thought we had too much quality under jewell or keane to go down. don't think i believed it was really going to happen.

I didn't think that with Jewell. The team had become a feeble shambles, incapable of putting up any real resistance. Unless something changed, we were going down. Which it did, with stiffening of morale, better organisation and some fresh ideas.

Likewise with this lot. The team is, IMO, quite capable of staying up, but needs the existing ideas to start working or some new input and structure.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I’m sure Hurst will be the first ITFC manager to leave his position with 0 wi on 11:53 - Sep 23 with 1521 viewsJakeITFC

The only reason Waghorn would have stayed was if McCarthy was here, but even then I think he would have gone this summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024