Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
plastering!!!!!!! 14:16 - Oct 16 with 3188 viewssimoitfc

give it a go or pay a pro???
plastering!!!!!!! on 14:17 - Oct 16 with 3180 viewsDanTheMan

Pay a pro.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

plastering!!!!!!! on 14:19 - Oct 16 with 3175 viewsGeoffSentence

It is a tricky and skillful job. Also time consuming and boring.

I gave it a go myself years back.

Never again.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

plastering!!!!!!! on 14:23 - Oct 16 with 3150 viewsCoco

Defo pay a pro!

Find a retired guy.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

plastering!!!!!!! on 14:24 - Oct 16 with 3148 viewsGavTWTD

Pro. It's much harder than it looks and you'll end up with something resembling artexing.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

plastering!!!!!!! on 14:24 - Oct 16 with 3142 viewsNo9

Pay; but get a good one
plastering!!!!!!! on 14:25 - Oct 16 with 3128 viewsKieran_Knows

Definitely pay a pro.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

plastering!!!!!!! on 14:25 - Oct 16 with 3131 viewschicoazul

Speaking as the World's Least Practical Man who once considered getting an electrician in to change some light bulbs; pay a pro.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

plastering!!!!!!! on 14:35 - Oct 16 with 3094 viewsSwansea_Blue

Easy as pie. No need to pay anyone, just get stuck in and post regular updates on here please

Pay a pro.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

plastering!!!!!!! on 14:37 - Oct 16 with 3096 viewsartsbossbeard

plastering!!!!!!! on 14:25 - Oct 16 by chicoazul

Speaking as the World's Least Practical Man who once considered getting an electrician in to change some light bulbs; pay a pro.

I bet I'm worse than you at "man stuff".

Not only am I absolutely rubbish at anything DIY based, I'm also left handed.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

plastering!!!!!!! on 14:57 - Oct 16 with 3056 viewsOldsmoker

Pay a Pro always.
The plasterers we'd hired phoned us at 9.00am to say they couldn't come so me and a mate decided to do the alcove in the dining room leaving them the whole of the front room when they bothered to turn up.
It was a really hot day and we found out when they arrived the next week that the reason they'd postponed was that on a hot day plaster goes off so quick that you just don't bother.
We found that out ourselves. What we did was pants. Could have spent the money on beers and just sat in the garden getting a tan.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

plastering!!!!!!! on 16:15 - Oct 16 with 2939 viewsVic

Give it a go. what could possibly go wrong?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

plastering!!!!!!! on 16:27 - Oct 16 with 2911 viewsGuthrum

Unless you're a trained and experienced plasterer, I'd say get someone who is to do it for you.

Will be much quicker, better results and will save getting anybody in later to fix what you've done. Plastering is a lot more difficult (and physically harder work) than it looks. Patching holes is one thing, doing entire walls (let alone ceilings) is quite another.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

plastering!!!!!!! on 16:32 - Oct 16 with 2890 viewsGuthrum

plastering!!!!!!! on 14:24 - Oct 16 by GavTWTD

Pro. It's much harder than it looks and you'll end up with something resembling artexing.

Or a terrain model of the Lincolnshire Wolds.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

plastering!!!!!!! on 16:34 - Oct 16 with 2883 viewsfactual_blue

plastering!!!!!!! on 14:23 - Oct 16 by Coco

Defo pay a pro!

Find a retired guy.

I'm retired. I'll happily take his money to make a complete and utter mess of his walls.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

plastering!!!!!!! on 16:48 - Oct 16 with 2853 viewsEdwardStone

Of all the building trades, plastering is the hardest to do to an adequate standard

Many years ago I got the "How hard can it be?" vibe

The simple answer....very hard indeed

It cost me more to have a plasterer put right my disaster than it would have done to let him loose on the bare walls

And ceilings are harder still
plastering!!!!!!! on 16:51 - Oct 16 with 2850 viewsThrobbe

I think you've already got your answer.

For what it's worth, I'll have a crack at most DIY/general building jobs in the knowledge that it'll take twice as long (at least), and that there'll be wasted materials that eat up a lot of the savings. I like learning new stuff, and using my hands as a change from the day job which is mostly brain work.

Tried rendering some walls in the garden and gave up. Not even going to consider trying my hand at plastering.

Good plasterers are surprisingly cheap for tradesmen, probably because it suits the people that don't want to work outside, and given enough patience and practice it's a skill almost anyone could learn. As with all building professionals, ask around for recommendations, and if they can start next week, be suspicious.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

plastering!!!!!!! on 17:02 - Oct 16 with 2828 viewsjeera

plastering!!!!!!! on 16:51 - Oct 16 by Throbbe

I think you've already got your answer.

For what it's worth, I'll have a crack at most DIY/general building jobs in the knowledge that it'll take twice as long (at least), and that there'll be wasted materials that eat up a lot of the savings. I like learning new stuff, and using my hands as a change from the day job which is mostly brain work.

Tried rendering some walls in the garden and gave up. Not even going to consider trying my hand at plastering.

Good plasterers are surprisingly cheap for tradesmen, probably because it suits the people that don't want to work outside, and given enough patience and practice it's a skill almost anyone could learn. As with all building professionals, ask around for recommendations, and if they can start next week, be suspicious.

"if they can start next week, be suspicious."

Well exactly.

Although most painter/decorator types tend to be available at the drop of a hat and will work through the night and all public holidays.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

plastering!!!!!!! on 17:45 - Oct 16 with 2748 viewsDeano69

Its easy, although you might want to get someone to put their foot on the ladder

Get a pro, even a good one of them is not easy to find

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024