Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
45% wage cut across the board... 21:58 - Feb 25 with 8224 viewsMrTown

Heard today that players under existing contracts have a 45% wage cut when we drop into L1. ME said in his Stu Watson interview that the club has always been prepared for this kind of thing financially and shouldn’t impact as significantly as what may seem on the eye. Wonder if this is what he meant.

Heard anything aligned with this Phil?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

45% wage cut across the board... on 23:41 - Feb 25 with 5974 viewsfactual_blue

Phil is pulling the same stunt on Gav if we're relegated.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

45% wage cut across the board... on 23:44 - Feb 25 with 5967 viewsZedRodgers

Momentum cutting my commission on here by about the same.

No, not at the moment

45% wage cut across the board... on 23:48 - Feb 25 with 5959 viewsbournemouthblue

A good measure financially but I can't imagine it will do much for morale?

That being said, how many of our top wage earners will remain here in the summer?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

45% wage cut across the board... on 23:51 - Feb 25 with 5955 viewsLeagueOne

It's a 45% cut in the wage budget, not in individual player salaries, to comply with the losses of relegation and the new League One FFP. Many contracts will terminate at the end of the season, along with the loans.. at present the ones likely/definitely going ae...

Knudsen
Pennington
Chalobah
Spence
Keane
Ward
Donacien
Judge
Bree
Elder
Quaner
Dawkins
Adeyemi
Roberts

So thats 14 players from the current 32. Huws, Chambers, Skuse, Gerken and Bart are still up in the air, where as Lankester, Downes, Sears and Bishop will definitely be here next season.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

45% wage cut across the board... on 00:05 - Feb 26 with 5925 viewsbournemouthblue

45% wage cut across the board... on 23:51 - Feb 25 by LeagueOne

It's a 45% cut in the wage budget, not in individual player salaries, to comply with the losses of relegation and the new League One FFP. Many contracts will terminate at the end of the season, along with the loans.. at present the ones likely/definitely going ae...

Knudsen
Pennington
Chalobah
Spence
Keane
Ward
Donacien
Judge
Bree
Elder
Quaner
Dawkins
Adeyemi
Roberts

So thats 14 players from the current 32. Huws, Chambers, Skuse, Gerken and Bart are still up in the air, where as Lankester, Downes, Sears and Bishop will definitely be here next season.

Is Ward definitely off, that would be a shame

I know he has gone off the boil but certainly looked like he had a lot of potential when he first came in?

Of that list you'd probably want Judge to stay and us to consider signing both Keane and perhaps Bree?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

45% wage cut across the board... on 04:31 - Feb 26 with 5768 viewsWeekender

Knudsen
Pennington
Chalobah
Spence
Keane
Ward
Donacien
Judge
Bree
Elder
Quaner
Dawkins
Adeyemi
Roberts

There will be clauses in individual contracts too, ME hinted as much in his interview and it’s a common provision

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

45% wage cut across the board... on 04:49 - Feb 26 with 5755 viewsBenters2

That means it will be cheaper to get in then.
45% wage cut across the board... on 05:49 - Feb 26 with 5713 viewstextbackup

45% wage cut across the board... on 04:49 - Feb 26 by Benters2

That means it will be cheaper to get in then.

or they keep the prices the same to then help fund wages for better players to take us back up again.

as the next thing will be "i'm not going even if it is 15 quid a game, the players are rubbish"

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

45% wage cut across the board... on 06:31 - Feb 26 with 5621 viewsBenters2

45% wage cut across the board... on 05:49 - Feb 26 by textbackup

or they keep the prices the same to then help fund wages for better players to take us back up again.

as the next thing will be "i'm not going even if it is 15 quid a game, the players are rubbish"

Paying top Dollar has really helped this season.
45% wage cut across the board... on 07:04 - Feb 26 with 5500 viewsblueconscience

45% wage cut across the board... on 23:48 - Feb 25 by bournemouthblue

That being said, how many of our top wage earners will remain here in the summer?

It may hit morale badly, but unfortunately they haven’t been good enough over the season so far to be earning a championship wage next season.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

45% wage cut across the board... on 07:41 - Feb 26 with 5359 viewstextbackup

45% wage cut across the board... on 06:31 - Feb 26 by Benters2

MAybe if more turned up weekly it might have helped?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

45% wage cut across the board... on 07:54 - Feb 26 with 5293 viewsfooters

45% wage cut across the board... on 23:44 - Feb 25 by ZedRodgers

Momentum cutting my commission on here by about the same.

Can understand the players having to take a wage cut but why the board, what have we done?! Will my pension be affected?

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

45% wage cut across the board... on 08:02 - Feb 26 with 5255 viewsfooters

45% wage cut across the board... on 07:41 - Feb 26 by textbackup

What's £12 divided by the number of players in our first-team squad?

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

45% wage cut across the board... on 08:05 - Feb 26 with 5238 viewsBenters2

45% wage cut across the board... on 07:41 - Feb 26 by textbackup

Hmmm me thinks...is that like the chicken and the egg?
45% wage cut across the board... on 08:14 - Feb 26 with 5215 viewsLankHenners

Had heard some 'def info' earlier this season about the loss of income for players in the event of relegation. If what I heard was correct (which, despite seeming like quite a lot, it would be bizarre if the source of the info got it wrong) then your figure is way out.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

45% wage cut across the board... on 08:26 - Feb 26 with 5152 viewsSonOfSpock

45% wage cut across the board... on 00:05 - Feb 26 by bournemouthblue

Is Ward definitely off, that would be a shame

I know he has gone off the boil but certainly looked like he had a lot of potential when he first came in?

Of that list you'd probably want Judge to stay and us to consider signing both Keane and perhaps Bree?

If we take out the sentimentality regarding Wards injury, he has flattered to deceive since he's been here. Hasnt excelled on the wing or in the middle.

Given the amount of time he'll be out for am not sure a contract can be justified.
45% wage cut across the board... on 08:35 - Feb 26 with 5110 viewsGuthrum

Knudsen
Pennington
Chalobah
Spence
Keane
Ward
Donacien
Judge
Bree
Elder
Quaner
Dawkins
Adeyemi
Roberts

RE: your last sentence - unless they are sold.

Plus I understood there was a grace period following relegation to adjust before L1 FFP comes into full force.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

45% wage cut across the board... on 08:43 - Feb 26 with 5076 viewsHerbivore

45% wage cut across the board... on 06:31 - Feb 26 by Benters2

Our prices this season aren't top dollar for Championship football.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

45% wage cut across the board... on 08:57 - Feb 26 with 5024 viewsRadlett_blue

Knudsen
Pennington
Chalobah
Spence
Keane
Ward
Donacien
Judge
Bree
Elder
Quaner
Dawkins
Adeyemi
Roberts

Why is Bart "up in the air" when he signed a £20k a year contract last summer? I wonder if that one has a relegation clause.
Chambers's contract is up, but I think Town have an option. Sure we will think about either triggering it or, more likely, offering him a new deal on lower pay once relegation is confirmed.
Skuse has a year to go on his current contract.
Sears will be here, but probably unable to kick a ball in 2019.
Don't know why you think Donacien will go as he will have a couple of years on his contract. Yes, we could loan him out again or give him a pay-off as Lambert doesn't appear to rate him but in League 1 & a shortage of centre backs, who knows?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

45% wage cut across the board... on 09:26 - Feb 26 with 4914 viewsBloomBlue

Knudsen
Pennington
Chalobah
Spence
Keane
Ward
Donacien
Judge
Bree
Elder
Quaner
Dawkins
Adeyemi
Roberts

Bart's problem could be his performances this season, like Knudsen, Bart obviously thought he was world class after going to the World Cup and he's not. That has affected his performances and I don't see a big club coming in for him based on his form this season.
45% wage cut across the board... on 09:32 - Feb 26 with 4886 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

45% wage cut across the board... on 05:49 - Feb 26 by textbackup

Its amazing really National League prices at my Local team are £17

So with the facilities at PR £20 would be a good price for a walk up price

Season tickets much lower -
45% wage cut across the board... on 09:36 - Feb 26 with 4865 viewsDubtractor

45% wage cut across the board... on 08:14 - Feb 26 by LankHenners

Had heard some 'def info' earlier this season about the loss of income for players in the event of relegation. If what I heard was correct (which, despite seeming like quite a lot, it would be bizarre if the source of the info got it wrong) then your figure is way out.

Which direction is his figure out?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

45% wage cut across the board... on 09:57 - Feb 26 with 4789 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

45% wage cut across the board... on 23:48 - Feb 25 by bournemouthblue

I don't think that's really an issue to be honest.

Any player at the club clearly good enough to be playing in the Championship will be subject to interest elsewhere in the division.

Those that remain are largely players that deserve to play in League One or have played a large part in our inability to avoid dropping into that division and activating said clause.

If they are really that worried about earning £4,500 as opposed to £10,000 a week then they have a great incentive to get back into the Championship and get back up to that. Works both ways!

After all they either help get us promoted or they are top performers in League One and put themselves in a position to be subject to bids and offers of £10,000 from another Championship club. If they are genuinely good enough to earn that money in the first place they should surely be able to prove that with their performances?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 10:01]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

45% wage cut across the board... on 09:58 - Feb 26 with 4786 viewsHerbivore

45% wage cut across the board... on 09:36 - Feb 26 by Dubtractor

Which direction is his figure out?

I'm sure I read somewhere on here that Chambo's wage would be 25% of what it is in the Championship.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

45% wage cut across the board... on 09:59 - Feb 26 with 4779 viewschicoazul

I'd be more interested to know if the staff face similar or any cuts. The guys in the ticket office, reception, admin etc. Imagine many of them could be facing redundancy.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024