Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship 00:27 - Mar 13 with 2176 viewsTrequartista

Five of them in the side tonight, was only one a month ago when Lambert's "helpers" were struggling. Now only 1 Lambert signing in, and we are stringing decent performances together.

I wonder if Hurst was given longer and players like Nolan, Jackson, Edwards were given more games, they would have got up to speed a couple of months ago under the manager who bought them, and we would have a few more wins under our belt.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 03:39 - Mar 13 with 2051 viewsPendejo

Or you could argue that the competition Lambert has brought in has had a positive effect on them, or they are now being managed better.

I think as individuals Hurst's signings were decent enough, but there were too many and we allowed proven goal scorers, at this level, to leave.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 05:36 - Mar 13 with 1999 viewsbraveblue

Could be. We will never know. But everyone should accept that most of them look like they could be good signings.
Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 07:53 - Mar 13 with 1805 viewsGuthrum

I don't think it would have come good under Hurst. The odd tactics and near-random selections strongly suggested that he had lost his grip on strategy.

But that doesn't mean all the players he signed had no chance of succeeding. I'd hoped for more from them sooner. But perhaps it took a change in management approach and a few key introductions (e.g. Judge) to get things working more efficiently.

As so often, these things are more nuanced than many football fans like to acknowlege.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 07:56 - Mar 13 with 1795 viewsLord_Lucan

I think Nsiala is one of the worst players I have seen in an ITFC shirt.

I think Nolan will come good though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 08:00 - Mar 13 with 1773 viewsSteve_M

Maybe but for the 20 minutes when Bristol City played well in the first half we were really struggling.

Of those players Edwards is the only one who really convinces at the moment and he needed a six week break after tailing off badly, although the injury might be part of it. Nsiala missed the header before the goal and was beaten too easily for it despite having a fairly decent game.

Nolan has something, still think he'll come good under Lambert but he drifts through games far too much. Even on Saturday in the first half he looked lost at times before improving.

Chalobah doesn't count here as he's clearly destined to be a very good player.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 08:12 - Mar 13 with 1750 viewsfactual_blue

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 07:56 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

Which matches have you been to this season?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 08:16 - Mar 13 with 1731 viewsBlueySwede

Jackson, Nolan, Edwards and (maybe) Harrison all has potential and has shown glimpses of what they can do. They just needed a bit more experience around from the start. And you can´t really blame Hurst for players like Waghorn and Garner wanting to leave.
Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 08:19 - Mar 13 with 1711 viewsBluebell

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 08:12 - Mar 13 by factual_blue

Which matches have you been to this season?

Have you been to any Facters?
Login to get fewer ads

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 08:19 - Mar 13 with 1703 viewsMrTown

Surprised this isn’t a thread tell us how bad Lambert is and that he should be top 2 and disgusting we didn’t beat Bristol City 5-0

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 08:20 - Mar 13 with 1697 viewsfactual_blue

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 08:19 - Mar 13 by Bluebell

Have you been to any Facters?

Yes. I reluctantly went to Lambert's first home game, accompanying a visiting friend who wanted to see his team (PNE) play.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 08:22 - Mar 13 with 1671 viewsMrTown

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 07:56 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

Really? He played well yesterday!

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 08:53 - Mar 13 with 1569 viewsglasso

I don't think you can underestimate the positivity that Lambert has brought in playing a big part in that. For whatever reason, I never got the feeling that there was much belief or team spirit in Hurst's side.
That changed when Lambert came in. Whether it's just good PR, he has more respect from the players or he's got them playing a formation and tactics they enjoy more, or even if it's just the new manager bounce, it made a difference and that difference has continued.

I don't think you would have got that under Hurst at any point because things were going south under him
Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 09:20 - Mar 13 with 1515 viewsSWGF

Don't see it with Jackson. He's an athlete but I don't see much else, certainly not with the way that PL plays his striker. An expensive Danny Haynes, at this point.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 09:23 - Mar 13 with 1498 viewschicoazul

Toto is ok! He's gonna be good for us next year.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 09:26 - Mar 13 with 1480 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 09:20 - Mar 13 by SWGF

Don't see it with Jackson. He's an athlete but I don't see much else, certainly not with the way that PL plays his striker. An expensive Danny Haynes, at this point.

I understand what you're saying but he really doesn't get the right passes to him to do anything with.

Lost count last night how many times he was ready to chase the ball in the channel but the ball either was badly passed, or they didn't recognise in time. Hopefully something that will get better if he gets a run in the team. Personally i want us to play the diamond in the next game and give Harrison/Jackson a go together.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 09:45 - Mar 13 with 1443 viewsSWGF

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 09:26 - Mar 13 by JammyDodgerrr

I understand what you're saying but he really doesn't get the right passes to him to do anything with.

Lost count last night how many times he was ready to chase the ball in the channel but the ball either was badly passed, or they didn't recognise in time. Hopefully something that will get better if he gets a run in the team. Personally i want us to play the diamond in the next game and give Harrison/Jackson a go together.

Yep, you're right. There were times when he was crying out for it to be slid down the side of him but invariably this was in the channel and, as a result, there was nobody in the box.

I don't see him as being clinical enough, with a good enough touch, to play as the "one". Keane, yes. Harrison, maybe. I don't think Jackson will leave as nobody will pay anything like what we paid for him, so he's a decent option in L1 but not in PL's favoured formation.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 09:47 - Mar 13 with 1433 viewsITFC_Forever

Hurst's signings seem to be finally adapting to the championship on 08:16 - Mar 13 by BlueySwede

Jackson, Nolan, Edwards and (maybe) Harrison all has potential and has shown glimpses of what they can do. They just needed a bit more experience around from the start. And you can´t really blame Hurst for players like Waghorn and Garner wanting to leave.

We can 100% blame Hurst for Garner and Waghorn leaving - it was when they saw what life was going to be like under him they left.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024