Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? 10:04 - May 8 with 6019 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Just wondering whether people consider him to be a vital cog next season or that he's likely to never really return now given the last few years.

Adeyemi is clearly going to be let go.

Can you imagine Huws, Bishop, Nolan, Judge in League One! That's before you factor in the likes of Downes, Dozzell, Skuse, Lankester, Edwards, Ward and even Nydam.

I'd genuinely forgotten Huws in every single version of the squad I'd put together.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 11:21]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:06 - May 8 with 3688 viewsTractorCam

Unless we suddenly give him a 'pay as you play' deal there is no benefit to keeping him unfortunately.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:07 - May 8 with 3684 viewsSomethingBlue

I realised the other day that I'd just stopped considering him too. We just can't tell, so anything from him has to be considered a bonus. Get him fit and he's way above that level but a lot of time has passed since his injury and it looks a long shot. Can't expect anything, sadly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:07 - May 8 with 3666 viewsKieran_Knows

Still has 2 years left on his contract as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:09 - May 8 with 3640 viewsclive_baker

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:06 - May 8 by TractorCam

Unless we suddenly give him a 'pay as you play' deal there is no benefit to keeping him unfortunately.

Who’s likely to want him? He’s here if we like it or not I’m afraid.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:11 - May 8 with 3616 viewsgordon

Still under contract for another year but I'd be really surprised if he made another first-team appearance. Knee cartilage problems just aren't fixable by surgery or any other avenue (the cartilage in my left knee is in ribbons after too many knee injuries), so he's very unlikely to ever get back to playing regular first team football.
Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:13 - May 8 with 3575 viewsDarth_Koont

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:06 - May 8 by TractorCam

Surely, we could have said the same about Bishop?

We haven't really got any choice but to see if we can get him fit during the remainder of his contract. There's little to no value to either party in settling his contract. The upside of course is that Huws could be immense in League One and we'd have a player of genuine quality and value if he can stay injury-free.

Pronouns: He/Him

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:14 - May 8 with 3575 viewsTractorCam

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:09 - May 8 by clive_baker

Who’s likely to want him? He’s here if we like it or not I’m afraid.

Oh sorry I thought his contract was up.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:15 - May 8 with 3549 viewsMrTown

Said it for a little while now, won't play sustainable football ever again.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:15 - May 8 with 3548 viewsCoastalblue

Even if he were to be fit at the start of the season, which is highly unlikely, then you would have to question how long it would take him to get back to playing at a decent level and if he'd ever fully recover the ability he has.

Looks like he's here for another year, maybe the best hope is that he starts to play in fits and starts and we see some game time from him in the second half of the season, not sure we can hope for much better than that?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:16 - May 8 with 3532 viewschicoazul

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we take up Adeyemi's contract extension.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:20 - May 8 with 3511 viewsgordon

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:13 - May 8 by Darth_Koont

We haven't really got any choice but to see if we can get him fit during the remainder of his contract. There's little to no value to either party in settling his contract. The upside of course is that Huws could be immense in League One and we'd have a player of genuine quality and value if he can stay injury-free.

Bishop just had a run of bad luck with muscular injuries which were, taken individually, relatively straightforward to recover from. Huws has a chronic knee problem with no solution, it's a different situation.
Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:20 - May 8 with 3501 viewsclive_baker

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:16 - May 8 by chicoazul

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we take up Adeyemi's contract extension.

I would be very surprised given he's so prone to injury and we're pretty well stocked in terms of midfield options.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:23 - May 8 with 3468 viewsFtnfwest

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:13 - May 8 by Darth_Koont

If it paid off he'd be like a new big signing in League 1. Like you and everyone i have misgivings that we'll actually see him again though.
Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:24 - May 8 with 3452 viewsDarth_Koont

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:20 - May 8 by gordon

Bishop just had a run of bad luck with muscular injuries which were, taken individually, relatively straightforward to recover from. Huws has a chronic knee problem with no solution, it's a different situation.

Sure. But players come back from those too.

Anyway, it's academic. We're contracted to pay him and rehabilitate him so it'll just be a bonus if he can get back on the pitch.

Pronouns: He/Him

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:25 - May 8 with 3446 viewsArnieM

I’ve been saying for a year we should get shot of him ...anyway we can, and have been heavily ridiculed for saying so. So it’s interesting that a number of you only now begin to sing from the same hymn sheet.

Don’t get me wrong I’d LOVE him to come good for the Club, but he’s had injury problems since 2014. I really can’t see him ever putting in the number of games that our much maligned captain does! Having Huws on the payroll inhibits Lamberts spending power to get much needed players in.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:25 - May 8 with 3450 viewsFtnfwest

As Phil was mentioning elsewhere, Ward is the other slightly forgotten player. Not sure how his recovery is going atm
Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:28 - May 8 with 3413 viewsCoastalblue

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:25 - May 8 by ArnieM

I’ve been saying for a year we should get shot of him ...anyway we can, and have been heavily ridiculed for saying so. So it’s interesting that a number of you only now begin to sing from the same hymn sheet.

Don’t get me wrong I’d LOVE him to come good for the Club, but he’s had injury problems since 2014. I really can’t see him ever putting in the number of games that our much maligned captain does! Having Huws on the payroll inhibits Lamberts spending power to get much needed players in.

Financially it makes no difference to us, he's under contract and would want that paid up in full to leave. We probably have a duty of care with regards to treatment etc too.

Lambert's spending power will be exactly the same if he's here and there is a small chance we might actually get some game time out of him.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:32 - May 8 with 3376 viewsgordon

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:25 - May 8 by ArnieM

We'd just have to pay up the rest of his contract anyway - in terms of saving money, we'd be better off waiting and hoping that he retires and then the rest of his contract is paid out by insurance.

Your post is a bit daft - the issue with his knee is widely known, same as Ledley King, see Harry Redknapp's quote below. It will likely take superhuman amounts of discipline and pain and hard work to get anywhere near match-fit, particularly as a midfielder:

"There's no cure. There's no cartilage, nothing to operate on. It's just bone on bone. So it's just a question of managing it. It swells up after games and it normally takes seven days to recover but having played on Monday night he's had less time than usual. He rarely trains, he mostly just goes to the gym to keep himself ticking over. But not running or anything like that. But even if he only plays 20 games a season, he's worth having because he's so good we have a much better chance of winning."
Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:33 - May 8 with 3365 viewschicoazul

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:20 - May 8 by clive_baker

I would be very surprised given he's so prone to injury and we're pretty well stocked in terms of midfield options.

People say this, but are we? If we are going to play 433 then we need 5 or 6 good midfielders for those 3. We have Nolan Bish Downes Skuse Huws and Dozzell. Skuse has been creaking for a year and who knows if or when Huws is ever going to be fit.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:36 - May 8 with 3349 viewsArnieM

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:25 - May 8 by Ftnfwest

As Phil was mentioning elsewhere, Ward is the other slightly forgotten player. Not sure how his recovery is going atm

I actually saw him just before the Leeds game. He was walking down Princess St. looking happy as Larry. No sign of a dodgy leg. So that’s a plus I think. As to his readiness for next I suspect theres a way to go.

I find it interesting that Wards Cruciate injury is reportedly going to keep him out for a few months, yet Sears, with the same injury? Will be out for over a year...ie not fit until next December at the earliest.

As for Wards Town future, I think he will be possibly at risk of being released. To my my mind , we have better youngsters ahead of him.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:38 - May 8 with 3314 viewsSomethingBlue

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:33 - May 8 by chicoazul

People say this, but are we? If we are going to play 433 then we need 5 or 6 good midfielders for those 3. We have Nolan Bish Downes Skuse Huws and Dozzell. Skuse has been creaking for a year and who knows if or when Huws is ever going to be fit.

What we do need, I think, is a rugged, fairly experienced and not especially exciting defensive midfield signing who knows that division.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:39 - May 8 with 3313 viewsNo9

The real and major problem here is Towns injury list and long term injuries
How long will it take to get some of these players back to match fitness only for them to get 'injured' again?

I hope that one thing PL will get stuck into is the way in which injuries and fitness is managed at ITFC
Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:42 - May 8 with 3274 viewslongtimefan

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:15 - May 8 by MrTown

Said it for a little while now, won't play sustainable football ever again.

Maybe he needs to sign for Forest Green then
Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:42 - May 8 with 3272 viewschicoazul

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:38 - May 8 by SomethingBlue

What we do need, I think, is a rugged, fairly experienced and not especially exciting defensive midfield signing who knows that division.

Agreed luv. In fact i'd like to see 6 players like that - GK, CB, FBs, CM and a CF. I'd put Chambers and Skuse out to pasture next year, not retire them but heavily rotate them. Chambers is a great bloke and a fantastic captain but he can't run.

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:43 - May 8 with 3262 viewsgordon

Have we given up on Emyr Huws now? on 10:38 - May 8 by SomethingBlue

I agree with this - we need one of those thickset, tallish defensive midfielders with a beard and tattoos and probably long hair in a stupid headband, who spends the whole game whinging to the ref, pulling shirts, leaving his foot in, pointing and shouting at the rest of the team, and generally being a d*ck, but actually has a decent touch and can spray it about a bit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024