Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto 20:36 - Nov 25 with 8570 viewsNthsuffolkblue

https://righttolife.org.uk/news/labour-pledge-to-introduce-abortion-for-any-reas

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:41 - Nov 25 with 3079 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interesting that they say "Labour pledge to introduce abortion for any reason up to birth" whereas the manifesto just states that Labour plans to decriminalise abortion. Where does it say "any reason up to birth"?!?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:41 - Nov 25 with 3081 viewsJakeITFC

I can’t see how having an abortion at any point should ever be a criminal offence.
I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:43 - Nov 25 with 3074 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:41 - Nov 25 by BrixtonBlue

Interesting that they say "Labour pledge to introduce abortion for any reason up to birth" whereas the manifesto just states that Labour plans to decriminalise abortion. Where does it say "any reason up to birth"?!?

If it is decriminalised it implies acceptance and that the sanctions (if any) will be below the level of criminal prosecution.

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:44 - Nov 25 with 3070 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:41 - Nov 25 by JakeITFC

I can’t see how having an abortion at any point should ever be a criminal offence.

Do you think eugenics is acceptable too?

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:50 - Nov 25 with 3047 viewsJ2BLUE

'1 in 4 babies aborted'

If that's true it's quite a stat.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:51 - Nov 25 with 3039 viewsmonytowbray

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:44 - Nov 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

You should sign up for the long jump in the next Olympics because that was f*cking impressive.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:52 - Nov 25 with 3035 viewsBrixtonBlue

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:43 - Nov 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

If it is decriminalised it implies acceptance and that the sanctions (if any) will be below the level of criminal prosecution.

But where does it say "up to birth"? Do you honestly think Labour would allow abortion the day before the due date?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:54 - Nov 25 with 3026 viewsMullet

The problem being the website is incredibly biased and their wording seems more implication than fact.

It doesn't address the logistics or likelihood of finding a doctor who would do what they're implying it'd hold more weight for me.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:56 - Nov 25 with 3009 viewsfooters

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:44 - Nov 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Want to disclose any obvious biases here before continuing the argument? Ie being a god-botherer?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:56 - Nov 25 with 3009 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:52 - Nov 25 by BrixtonBlue

But where does it say "up to birth"? Do you honestly think Labour would allow abortion the day before the due date?!

If they changed the law such that it did, yes.

Where do you draw the line? The tradition was that viability was the general consensus. This has generally been moved as medicine has seen earlier and earlier viability. The clear indication here is that there would no longer be any limit.

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:57 - Nov 25 with 2994 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:51 - Nov 25 by monytowbray

You should sign up for the long jump in the next Olympics because that was f*cking impressive.

Why do people have abortions?

One of the reasons is for abnormalities. I was replying to a post that said "any abortions".

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:57 - Nov 25 with 2991 viewsfooters

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:50 - Nov 25 by J2BLUE

'1 in 4 babies aborted'

If that's true it's quite a stat.

Depends what someone means when they say 'baby' and 'aborted', I guess.

I can think of some 360-month-term abortions I wouldn't mind sanctioning right now.

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:58 - Nov 25 with 2984 viewsmonytowbray

I read their 3 support pledges to reduce abortion and not one mention of sexual assault support or financial support.

Remove discrimination towards girls
Reduce time limit on abortions (based on what exactly?)
Remove maternity discrimination

I mean the first and third ones are not really direct abortion issues nor do they really push people towards getting them.

It’s almost as if these Pro-Lifers are virtue signalling and actually couldn’t give a f*ck about anyone they claim to deep down.

Well done on falling for the worst piece of Tory propaganda I’ve seen this election so far though.

[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 21:01]

TWTD never forgets…

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:59 - Nov 25 with 2976 viewsJakeITFC

My argument is more one based around choice for the mother.

The very small chance that people game pregnancy in some sort of gene manufacturing is probably worth the risk to remove the stigma, shame and potential criminal charge of a woman choosing to do something with their own body.
I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:03 - Nov 25 with 2932 viewsSwansea_Blue

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:41 - Nov 25 by BrixtonBlue

Yes, that needs clarification as it could well mean something different than up until the point of birth or have significant conditions. I can’t see why they’d legalise abortions of any age without there being very tight controls that effectively prevents late-stage abortions. Why would they go down that route. It’s a weird one.

I’d go further - I’d legalise abortions up to the point of death! .

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:04 - Nov 25 with 2925 viewsJ2BLUE

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:57 - Nov 25 by footers

Depends what someone means when they say 'baby' and 'aborted', I guess.

I can think of some 360-month-term abortions I wouldn't mind sanctioning right now.

Well there were 205,295 abortions and 657,076 births.

I make that 23.8% of babies aborted. Must admit I find that a staggering number.

Truly impaired.

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:06 - Nov 25 with 2905 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 20:59 - Nov 25 by JakeITFC

My argument is more one based around choice for the mother.

The very small chance that people game pregnancy in some sort of gene manufacturing is probably worth the risk to remove the stigma, shame and potential criminal charge of a woman choosing to do something with their own body.

Personally, I think that choice should be pre-conception as far as possible. I understand the issue is far more nuanced.

I also accept the main part of this issue is with when you believe life begins and, yes, I am a Christian who believes that it is conception rather than birth.

I think anyone who honestly has no issue with abortion shortly before full term has a very low value on human life and rights. I also understand it is a controversial and highly emotive subject and that the article I shared deliberately sensationalises it.

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:08 - Nov 25 with 2889 viewsmonytowbray

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:04 - Nov 25 by J2BLUE

I make that 23.8% of babies aborted. Must admit I find that a staggering number.

85k reported rapes a year in the UK and probably a lot higher I’d expect. So many factors come into the reasons for abortion. The idea of limiting it to eugenics to push an agenda as the OP
has is disgusting frankly.

TWTD never forgets…

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:08 - Nov 25 with 2881 viewsmonytowbray

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:06 - Nov 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Personally, I think that choice should be pre-conception as far as possible. I understand the issue is far more nuanced.

I also accept the main part of this issue is with when you believe life begins and, yes, I am a Christian who believes that it is conception rather than birth.

I think anyone who honestly has no issue with abortion shortly before full term has a very low value on human life and rights. I also understand it is a controversial and highly emotive subject and that the article I shared deliberately sensationalises it.

Do you eat meat?

TWTD never forgets…

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:09 - Nov 25 with 2881 viewsfooters

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:04 - Nov 25 by J2BLUE

Perhaps. On the other hand, it's better that people aren't forced into having children that they don't want/can't care for, etc.

Why that's someone else's business is beyond me. Which is why I asked whether the OP has a religious bias here.

My dad was abandoned as a baby on the streets of London, then later put into abusive foster homes which made him into a pretty sour plum later on. That is my own bias, but also something that makes me much more open to the idea of fostering and adoption. Although I will add that adoption proper doesn't really exist much these days, and it's more about people acting as halfway houses for children in care.

An actual moral problem about abortion before birth doesn't really exist for me.

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:10 - Nov 25 with 2869 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:08 - Nov 25 by monytowbray

85k reported rapes a year in the UK and probably a lot higher I’d expect. So many factors come into the reasons for abortion. The idea of limiting it to eugenics to push an agenda as the OP

I didn't say that, though. I was replying to a post that said "any abortions".

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:11 - Nov 25 with 2862 viewsJ2BLUE

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:08 - Nov 25 by monytowbray

I'm not saying I think abortion shouldn't be allowed. My position is that it makes me very uncomfortable and I don't like it*. I wouldn't dream of trying to force that opinion on anyone else though, especially women.

*Rape, incest etc aside

Truly impaired.

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:11 - Nov 25 with 2861 viewsMullet

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:06 - Nov 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

How many abortions take place after 24 weeks which don't present a significant threat to the life of mother or child though?

In that instance it's in keeping with much of the Christian teachings of a lesser of two evils scenario. What they're presenting is a very dishonest skewing of reality it seems. SPUC are ones for this too, albeit they are from memory openly Catholic and aggressively so in their rationale.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:11 - Nov 25 with 2861 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Do you eat meat?

I do eat meat. I put a different value on the life of an animal to that of humans. Do you put the same value? Should meat eaters be treated as culpable of murder or should the taking of human life for any reason be OK?

I have a problem with this in the Labour manifesto on 21:14 - Nov 25 with 2837 viewsJakeITFC

I think that ultimately it is nothing to do with me what somebody else decides to do in that situation, and so I find it hard to have an opinion other than allowing choice for the mother.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024