Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... 18:22 - Dec 18 with 3537 viewschicoazul

...when he was on about raising taxes for rich people. Not your local Dentist or Head Teacher or AA Franchisee.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50834994

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 18:53 - Dec 18 with 2577 viewstractordownsouth

Yeah but it's punishing people who work hard to subsidise those who don't, because everyone knows that there is a strong correlation between hard work and earnings you Marxist.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 19:08 - Dec 18 with 2549 viewsuefacup81

It'd be interesting to know, thanks to creative accounting, how much of that she'll actually end up paying tax on.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 19:18 - Dec 18 with 2533 viewsbluelagos

Is there a reason why you call them Maximum rather than Momentum?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 19:36 - Dec 18 with 2517 viewsBloomBlue

The Maximum/ Momentum leaders are out of touch with the people of this Country Boris's majority proved it
Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 19:42 - Dec 18 with 2500 viewshampstead_blue

I don't care how much she earns. Let her...

"Ms Coates earned a first-class degree in econometrics"
I did econometrics at MSc level and it's a nightmare. If she's that bright and can develop a hugely successful firm then she can earn whatever she likes.

Wealth is not bad. How many high paid jobs has she created? Loads and they all pay 40% tax and possibly more.

Wealth creators should be encouraged. I applaud her.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 19:44 - Dec 18 with 2495 viewsJ2BLUE

Obscene money but at least she seems to pay her share of tax on it and uses the rest funding good causes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 19:47 - Dec 18 with 2484 viewstractordownsouth

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 19:44 - Dec 18 by J2BLUE

Obscene money but at least she seems to pay her share of tax on it and uses the rest funding good causes.

Not sure Stoke fans would agree that spunking £12m on Benik Afobe is money going to a good cause

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 19:55 - Dec 18 with 2468 viewsJ2BLUE

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 19:47 - Dec 18 by tractordownsouth

Not sure Stoke fans would agree that spunking £12m on Benik Afobe is money going to a good cause

I wouldn't be able to sleep if I was worth £9bn.

Ridiculous amount of money.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 20:04 - Dec 18 with 2452 viewsbluefunk

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 19:08 - Dec 18 by uefacup81

It'd be interesting to know, thanks to creative accounting, how much of that she'll actually end up paying tax on.

If she’s declaring salary and dividends at that level, she’ll end up with about 153m of her salary and 27m of her dividends. She’ll be paying about £133m in tax (in round millions)
Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 20:12 - Dec 18 with 2430 viewsBloomBlue

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 19:55 - Dec 18 by J2BLUE

I wouldn't be able to sleep if I was worth £9bn.

Ridiculous amount of money.

I bet you wouldn't moan about her wealth if she bought Town and pumped in millions and got us into the Prem.
Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 21:27 - Dec 18 with 2374 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 19:42 - Dec 18 by hampstead_blue

I did econometrics at MSc level and it's a nightmare. If she's that bright and can develop a hugely successful firm then she can earn whatever she likes.

Wealth is not bad. How many high paid jobs has she created? Loads and they all pay 40% tax and possibly more.

We could say that she 'accumulates' wealth.

We could say that she 'redistributes' wealth.

I can't see how she 'creates' wealth. Would you please enlighten me.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 21:39 - Dec 18 with 2350 viewsJ2BLUE

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 20:12 - Dec 18 by BloomBlue

I bet you wouldn't moan about her wealth if she bought Town and pumped in millions and got us into the Prem.

I don't believe anyone should be a billionaire. If someone has £1bn I would much prefer them to spend it on improving the world than taking us to the Prem.

To be fair to her she pays her taxes and gives away a fortune, but even so, £9bn is obscene.

Truly impaired.

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 21:49 - Dec 18 with 2327 viewsLord_Lucan

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 21:27 - Dec 18 by Tangledupin_Blue

We could say that she 'accumulates' wealth.

We could say that she 'redistributes' wealth.

I can't see how she 'creates' wealth. Would you please enlighten me.

I've only looked at the headline and skimmed a bit but if I am correct and she is on the payroll of a betting firm then she doesn't create any "Wealth"

All she "Creates" is "Debt" and misery.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 21:58 - Dec 18 with 2310 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 21:49 - Dec 18 by Lord_Lucan

I've only looked at the headline and skimmed a bit but if I am correct and she is on the payroll of a betting firm then she doesn't create any "Wealth"

All she "Creates" is "Debt" and misery.

That is pretty much as I see it.

Wealth is created in factories and mines and on the land, not in banks nor accountants' offices nor betting shops.

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 22:02 - Dec 18 with 2297 viewsBloomBlue

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 21:58 - Dec 18 by Tangledupin_Blue

Wealth is created in factories and mines and on the land, not in banks nor accountants' offices nor betting shops.

Mines? In the late 70s I worked in a diamond mine in South Africa I dont recall that resulted in much wealth just debt for those buying the diamonds
Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 22:08 - Dec 18 with 2294 viewsLord_Lucan

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 21:58 - Dec 18 by Tangledupin_Blue

Disagree slightly there re banks. Banks serve a purpose, not sure what you mean about accountants either - and if they run at a loss there customers would run at a greater loss.

Betting though - Mmmmmmmmmmm

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 22:09 - Dec 18 with 2289 viewsvapour_trail

What’s your preferred way of referring to Johnson, chico?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 22:51 - Dec 18 with 2250 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 22:08 - Dec 18 by Lord_Lucan

Disagree slightly there re banks. Banks serve a purpose, not sure what you mean about accountants either - and if they run at a loss there customers would run at a greater loss.

Betting though - Mmmmmmmmmmm

What I mean is that, in my view, wealth is created by people who make things, mine things, grow stuff etc.

I agree that banks serve a purpose; we all use them and they make our lives more convenient and in some ways they are enablers. But they are consumers of wealth rather than creators of it. Accountants, similarly, serve a purpose but they, too, are consumers of wealth.

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 06:57 - Dec 19 with 2150 viewshampstead_blue

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 19:08 - Dec 18 by uefacup81

It turns out she paid around £130m or so this year.
Last year she put £150m into a foundation
Her firm is domiciled in the UK and pays all it's taxes.
She's created loads of high quality jobs in Stoke, she's not relocated.

This is the type of person we want to attract. Her and Cauldfield are amazing in what they have done

She's earned it, pays her way, and should be given a huge thank-you.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 07:19 - Dec 19 with 2130 viewsTractorWood

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 06:57 - Dec 19 by hampstead_blue

It turns out she paid around £130m or so this year.
Last year she put £150m into a foundation
Her firm is domiciled in the UK and pays all it's taxes.
She's created loads of high quality jobs in Stoke, she's not relocated.

This is the type of person we want to attract. Her and Cauldfield are amazing in what they have done

She's earned it, pays her way, and should be given a huge thank-you.

I don't disagree with any of that. It's just from a very loosely regulated industry that is illegal or very restricted in lots of countries because it creates suffering and wrecks lives.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 7:29]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 07:30 - Dec 19 with 2110 viewsSwansea_Blue

Thak god Labour didn’t get in then, as she’d have only had a take home of £155m instead of £171m.

You can’t enforce that level of poverty on people.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 07:33 - Dec 19 with 2104 viewshampstead_blue

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 07:19 - Dec 19 by TractorWood

I don't disagree with any of that. It's just from a very loosely regulated industry that is illegal or very restricted in lots of countries because it creates suffering and wrecks lives.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 7:29]

I understand the flip side of the industry.
I doubt there is any industry which has no impact. It's a pragmatic fact. I'd rather someone like her was running that type of firm, she's paying her way.

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 09:32 - Dec 19 with 2035 viewschicoazul

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 19:42 - Dec 18 by hampstead_blue

She inherited a business from her dad.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 09:32 - Dec 19 with 2034 viewschicoazul

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 22:09 - Dec 18 by vapour_trail

What’s your preferred way of referring to Johnson, chico?

"Rsehole".

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 09:40 - Dec 19 with 2019 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just FYI this is the person the Maximum Leader was talking about... on 07:33 - Dec 19 by hampstead_blue

I understand the flip side of the industry.
I doubt there is any industry which has no impact. It's a pragmatic fact. I'd rather someone like her was running that type of firm, she's paying her way.

As they go, notwithstanding the ethics question, she is paying her way. It's the ones who take their profits out of the UK via offshore tax havens that are the problem.

I bet her staff haven't had similar 500%+ pay rises since 2016 though, but there we are.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024