Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extinction rebellion.... 17:36 - Jan 10 with 3093 viewsbluelagos

On train, sh1t WiFi. Can't link.

But appears they were classified by the police as having "extremist" views ref the prevent programme.

Wtf?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 17:47]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Extinction rebellion.... on 17:49 - Jan 10 with 2275 viewsbluelagos

Article is on Guardian site. Still can't link atm

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:02 - Jan 10 with 2245 viewsGeoffSentence

Having been challenged on the question of whether non-violent activists Extinction Rebellion are really terrorists, the Old Bill had a hasty change of mind and are now scrambling to recall the guidance

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/10/xr-extinction-rebellion-listed-e

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:03 - Jan 10 with 2237 viewsfactual_blue

So Extinction Rebellion are on your train, and as a result the police have closed the wifi signal down?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/10/xr-extinction-rebellion-listed-e

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:07 - Jan 10 with 2224 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You can almost smell the rubber of a police u-turn. However it has been flagged up for years that this law can easily be used to incorporate things such as direct action against fracking. They got found out this time but the law can, and will, be used again inappropriately. State over reach at its finest.

Edit....I expect that is at least 3 of us with a little mark at MI5 now for subversive provision of links!
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 18:09]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:10 - Jan 10 with 2208 viewsfactual_blue

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:07 - Jan 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

You can almost smell the rubber of a police u-turn. However it has been flagged up for years that this law can easily be used to incorporate things such as direct action against fracking. They got found out this time but the law can, and will, be used again inappropriately. State over reach at its finest.

Edit....I expect that is at least 3 of us with a little mark at MI5 now for subversive provision of links!
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 18:09]

This man should be arrested under anti-terrorism laws, as well as for poor parenting.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/oct/09/stanley-johnson-extinction-r

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:11 - Jan 10 with 2209 viewsjeera

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:03 - Jan 10 by factual_blue

So Extinction Rebellion are on your train, and as a result the police have closed the wifi signal down?

I have to say, having just woken from a short nap, that's how I read it.

You not around the tourist area doing your thing this time of year?

I was in the place a little after lunchtime and almost stuck my head around the door to ask, but ended up popping to the pub instead.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:12 - Jan 10 with 2203 viewsfactual_blue

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:11 - Jan 10 by jeera

I have to say, having just woken from a short nap, that's how I read it.

You not around the tourist area doing your thing this time of year?

I was in the place a little after lunchtime and almost stuck my head around the door to ask, but ended up popping to the pub instead.

Try on Monday.

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:17 - Jan 10 with 2180 viewsjeera

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:12 - Jan 10 by factual_blue

Try on Monday.

If I am about I may just do that.

Login to get fewer ads

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:21 - Jan 10 with 2168 viewsfactual_blue

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:17 - Jan 10 by jeera

If I am about I may just do that.

I'm around until 1 to 1.30 ish.

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:28 - Jan 10 with 2144 viewsjeera

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:21 - Jan 10 by factual_blue

I'm around until 1 to 1.30 ish.

Hokay!

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:33 - Jan 10 with 2124 viewsfactual_blue

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:02 - Jan 10 by GeoffSentence

Having been challenged on the question of whether non-violent activists Extinction Rebellion are really terrorists, the Old Bill had a hasty change of mind and are now scrambling to recall the guidance

Although the headline 'boris' dad branded a terrorist' will be appearing on a tabloid near you tomorrow.

Extinction rebellion.... on 18:34 - Jan 10 with 2122 viewseireblue

I like the information leaflet that suggests people should be on the lookout for phrases such as “tell the truth”.

Can see why the Government has concerns.
Extinction rebellion.... on 18:43 - Jan 10 with 2083 viewsFtnfwest

Their early stuff was good but they’re too commercial now
Extinction rebellion.... on 18:46 - Jan 10 with 2076 viewsjeera

“Anti-establishment philosophy that seeks system change..."

We can't have people going around thinking about change now can we?

Extinction rebellion.... on 19:18 - Jan 10 with 1990 viewsmonytowbray

Anything that’s a threat to the rich getting richer is an “extreme ideology” now.

I know some people get annoyed about them causing a slight disruption to transport and potentially business (FYI, London carried on almost exactly as normal when ER protested despite what the press claimed) but that’s what those f*cking the environment to death for short term profit want you to do.

By the time the masses figure it out it’ll be too late I fear.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Extinction rebellion.... on 20:07 - Jan 10 with 1913 viewsSwansea_Blue

Extinction rebellion.... on 19:18 - Jan 10 by monytowbray

Anything that’s a threat to the rich getting richer is an “extreme ideology” now.

I know some people get annoyed about them causing a slight disruption to transport and potentially business (FYI, London carried on almost exactly as normal when ER protested despite what the press claimed) but that’s what those f*cking the environment to death for short term profit want you to do.

By the time the masses figure it out it’ll be too late I fear.

I’ve no idea why you get so much grief on here, as consistently you show that your head and heart are in the right places.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Extinction rebellion.... on 22:10 - Jan 10 with 1818 viewsmonytowbray

Extinction rebellion.... on 20:07 - Jan 10 by Swansea_Blue

I’ve no idea why you get so much grief on here, as consistently you show that your head and heart are in the right places.

Because I’m from 10 years in the future. Most of the world hasn’t woken up yet but will when the planet’s on fire and the rich fly off to their fully stocked private islands and leave the rest of us to a televised global series of real life Battle Royale.

Still amazes me anyone can defend a billionaire because they want to pretend they’re also the elite with their £80k salary and Range Rover.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 22:11]

TWTD never forgets…

Extinction rebellion.... on 23:54 - Jan 10 with 1758 viewsbluelagos

Extinction rebellion.... on 20:07 - Jan 10 by Swansea_Blue

Agree SB. Callis' position on veganism was always consistent, genuinely held and made from a position of his believing that animals should have the same rights as people. Not a position I agree with, but why some posters felt the need to mock, troll or wind him up says more about them imho.

Extinction rebellion.... on 00:02 - Jan 11 with 1751 viewsmonytowbray

Extinction rebellion.... on 23:54 - Jan 10 by bluelagos

Agree SB. Callis' position on veganism was always consistent, genuinely held and made from a position of his believing that animals should have the same rights as people. Not a position I agree with, but why some posters felt the need to mock, troll or wind him up says more about them imho.

All my views are mental gymnastics, hypocrisy and attention seeking apparently.

TWTD never forgets…

Extinction rebellion.... on 00:20 - Jan 11 with 1737 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Extinction rebellion.... on 22:10 - Jan 10 by monytowbray

Because I’m from 10 years in the future. Most of the world hasn’t woken up yet but will when the planet’s on fire and the rich fly off to their fully stocked private islands and leave the rest of us to a televised global series of real life Battle Royale.

Still amazes me anyone can defend a billionaire because they want to pretend they’re also the elite with their £80k salary and Range Rover.

I think you will find that you are from about 40 years in the past but I'm just splitting hairs!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Extinction rebellion.... on 01:28 - Jan 11 with 1716 viewsNewcyBlue

Extinction rebellion.... on 00:02 - Jan 11 by monytowbray

All my views are mental gymnastics, hypocrisy and attention seeking apparently.

I honestly believe that had you gone about it in a different way you would have convinced more people.

The whole “holding up mirrors” thing was poor.

I do think a plant based diet, supplemented with high quality meat sourced from local farms that I have visited and seen the animals in their environment is the way forward.

I accept that you disagree. A complete vegan lifestyle must be exhausting though, and I guess only every individual vegan can decide what are reasonable enough steps to be taken.

I would suggest that any body limiting their impact on the planet should be encouraged, in whatever so way they choose to limit said impact.

I’m going to be experimenting with a three bean chilli when I get home. I make a very good chilli con carne, I want to see how well I can make a vegan version.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Extinction rebellion.... on 02:08 - Jan 11 with 1689 viewsLord_Lucan

Ok, so let's pick the bones out of this. I accept that there is an environmental issue of sorts but the claims that the earth will be dead anytime soon is off the mark - and you and others have swallowed it hook line and sinker - and as to how much of this issue is man made is debatable.

The picture in the Guardian link of the yummy mummies with their little babies pretty much sums up the ER masses, bored bankers wives!

The solution to the environmental problem will be man made, probably by someone on £80k driving a Range Rover and not some lentil eating weirdo.

IMHO of course.

Edit; I have just been giving this matter some serious thought and I have changed my opinion slightly inasmuch as man is probably doing a fair bit of damage to mother earth. I suppose I get a bit narky when I see all the yuppy protesters because I genuinely believe many of them just want to look cool or they have nothing better to do, it's a lifestyle thing for them.

The problem with the planet isn't so much global footprint and all that b0llocks, the problem is deforestation - particularly the Amazon Rainforest.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 2:57]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Extinction rebellion.... on 03:13 - Jan 11 with 1665 viewsjeera

People were saying the things you are before you were born.

Except, they were up on the roofs of Sizewell, standing in front of farming machinery in the name of anti-GM, halting trains that were carrying radioactive waste, demanding to know its destination, (taking readings at train stations of the leakage they rightly suspected) paying for and carrying out research, trying to save bees, arguing against the use of plastic bags, putting forward reasons for consuming less meat; writing articles, academic papers...

In courts, in prison cells, clubbing together to pay fines, being beaten by police, fox-hunters...

When internet use became more prominent they went online and fought the likes of Esso.

You are decades behind.

Are you now going to launch into another tirade of abuse and then stare wide-eyed in wonder how everyone is always picking on you?

Even this lass was late to the scene but all credit to her:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/ideas/videos/the-child-who-tried-to-save-the-world-in-1992
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 4:14]

Extinction rebellion.... on 03:18 - Jan 11 with 1659 viewsNewcyBlue

I’m trying to avoid giving MrsN the option of a Range Rover. The driving position is terrible for me.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Extinction rebellion.... on 10:31 - Jan 11 with 1511 viewsmonytowbray

Extinction rebellion.... on 03:13 - Jan 11 by jeera

People were saying the things you are before you were born.

Except, they were up on the roofs of Sizewell, standing in front of farming machinery in the name of anti-GM, halting trains that were carrying radioactive waste, demanding to know its destination, (taking readings at train stations of the leakage they rightly suspected) paying for and carrying out research, trying to save bees, arguing against the use of plastic bags, putting forward reasons for consuming less meat; writing articles, academic papers...

In courts, in prison cells, clubbing together to pay fines, being beaten by police, fox-hunters...

When internet use became more prominent they went online and fought the likes of Esso.

You are decades behind.

Are you now going to launch into another tirade of abuse and then stare wide-eyed in wonder how everyone is always picking on you?

Even this lass was late to the scene but all credit to her:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/ideas/videos/the-child-who-tried-to-save-the-world-in-1992
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 4:14]

This post very much proves the point Swansea and Lagos made. Apparently my views are lazy and aren’t good enough and it’s my fault for not being born earlier. Followed by a rather unneeded personal remark at the end.

Played a blinder there Jeera.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 10:34]

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024