Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this 12:41 - Jan 20 with 3899 viewsIllinoisblue

Season. While Lincoln claim to have made a “six figure sum” from iFollow this season. Anyone got any ITFC figures?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 12:43 - Jan 20 with 3872 viewsReuser_is_God

A 6 figure sum? I'd be amazed if that's true.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 12:45 - Jan 20 with 3856 viewsitfcjoe

You'd assume we must be one of the big hitters in the league for it, all spare income goes to the club you purchase it from - so small clubs do lose out on this as no revenue sharing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 12:46 - Jan 20 with 3829 viewshoppy

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 12:43 - Jan 20 by Reuser_is_God

Maybe they just forgot to say that included a decimal point?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 12:47 - Jan 20 with 3833 viewsIllinoisblue

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 12:43 - Jan 20 by Reuser_is_God

It does Sound unlikely, but...

62 - 78 - 81

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 13:10 - Jan 20 with 3681 viewsSitfcB

Depends on the fan base I suppose.

Surely that includes the season passes that have been purchased abroad?

We have a large following so can imagine we get a few tenners in per game that’s available and a fair few fans abroad.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 13:16 - Jan 20 with 3660 viewsHipsterectomy

Is there anything stopping pubs purchasing Ifollow and showing the match? Has this happened before? I think a few years back pubs in Norwich would show illegal foreign 3pm kick off streams

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 13:23 - Jan 20 with 3633 viewsSitfcB

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 13:16 - Jan 20 by Hipsterectomy

Is there anything stopping pubs purchasing Ifollow and showing the match? Has this happened before? I think a few years back pubs in Norwich would show illegal foreign 3pm kick off streams

It’s definitely illegal but could be done on the hush hush.

Drum and Monkey used to do show Saturday town games with dodgy links over the TVs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 13:31 - Jan 20 with 3577 viewsSuperfrans

A "six figure sum" is achievable, if you model it. For a start, I wouldn't be surprised if *we* had 2,500 people (in the UK and abroad) paying £40 a season, which is what it costs on average - that's £100,000 straight away. Plus there are the match passes to watch the game on top of that. Personally, I've never bothered, but there does seem to a few who do - especially those overseas... If a couple of thousand of those are bought (which might be possible across 46 games?) at £10 a pop, thats another £20,000.

That said, of course, this is all gross income. there will be technology costs, presumably the provider of the iFollow service etc. Unless their costs are covered by sponsorship/advertising of some other method?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 13:35 - Jan 20 with 3544 viewsDubtractor

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 13:31 - Jan 20 by Superfrans

A "six figure sum" is achievable, if you model it. For a start, I wouldn't be surprised if *we* had 2,500 people (in the UK and abroad) paying £40 a season, which is what it costs on average - that's £100,000 straight away. Plus there are the match passes to watch the game on top of that. Personally, I've never bothered, but there does seem to a few who do - especially those overseas... If a couple of thousand of those are bought (which might be possible across 46 games?) at £10 a pop, thats another £20,000.

That said, of course, this is all gross income. there will be technology costs, presumably the provider of the iFollow service etc. Unless their costs are covered by sponsorship/advertising of some other method?

I'd imagine that itfc easily sell 10k match passes over the course of a season. That's £100k gross already.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 13:57 - Jan 20 with 3429 viewsdirtyboy

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 13:35 - Jan 20 by Dubtractor

I'd imagine that itfc easily sell 10k match passes over the course of a season. That's £100k gross already.

I've paid to watch a fair few games season already on it.

I'd imagine it's fairly popular in all honesty, maybe the club would give us an idea of it's popularity and whether they deem it helpful or not?
Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 14:15 - Jan 20 with 3343 viewsnoggin

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 13:57 - Jan 20 by dirtyboy

I've paid to watch a fair few games season already on it.

I'd imagine it's fairly popular in all honesty, maybe the club would give us an idea of it's popularity and whether they deem it helpful or not?

A few hundred users just in Norway

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 16:20 - Jan 20 with 3114 viewsIllinoisblue

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 13:31 - Jan 20 by Superfrans

Accrington owner mentioned costs of just 450 quid which suggests they’re paying someone 30 quid a game to be the cameraman!

62 - 78 - 81

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 16:52 - Jan 20 with 3014 viewscleggo

It's actually only a tenner in the UK. It's €6 a game from Spain - though every game, unless broadcast on Sky, is available for purchase from outside the UK (including 3 o'clock K.Os).

Think a half season ticket is only around €65 or something at the moment which makes it very affordable
Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 16:52 - Jan 20 with 3017 viewsScottCandage

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 13:16 - Jan 20 by Hipsterectomy

My guess is that there is probably something in the contract preventing it. For example, in the US, a bar cannot merely just purchase the NFL games package like they were a home user (Home users are $299 per season). They have to pay based on the capacity of the bar, and it's usually very expensive. My boss is opening up a bar soon, and he was quoted something like $2500 for about 100 capacity for the season (minus the hardware to make it happen).
Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 17:33 - Jan 20 with 2887 viewsHipsterectomy

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 16:52 - Jan 20 by ScottCandage

My guess is that there is probably something in the contract preventing it. For example, in the US, a bar cannot merely just purchase the NFL games package like they were a home user (Home users are $299 per season). They have to pay based on the capacity of the bar, and it's usually very expensive. My boss is opening up a bar soon, and he was quoted something like $2500 for about 100 capacity for the season (minus the hardware to make it happen).

Think this is in the UK as well, which is why Sky Sports in pubs shows the beer glass on screen

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 18:27 - Jan 20 with 2707 viewsrgp1

Not a problem cos they made a fat wedge out of flogging us Donacian and Jackson. And I noticed they've extended their away terrace probably off the back of mugging us off.
Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 20:24 - Jan 20 with 2561 viewsmichaeldownunder

Well there is me in Australia that's about $250
Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 20:37 - Jan 20 with 2530 viewsIllinoisblue

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 20:24 - Jan 20 by michaeldownunder

A good number of us yanks chucking $140 at it

62 - 78 - 81

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 04:46 - Jan 21 with 2259 viewsIPS_wich

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 20:24 - Jan 20 by michaeldownunder

Ditto - love it.

Also much better since the Radio Suffolk commentary was synced to the pictures - as opposed to crowd noise and the ref's whistle either 5 seconds ahead or 5 seconds behind like it was for the first year or so...
Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 08:24 - Jan 21 with 2117 viewsitfcjoe

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 20:37 - Jan 20 by Illinoisblue

A good number of us yanks chucking $140 at it

I probably spend about that just on the games I miss as it adds up at €6/£10 a pop

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 09:17 - Jan 21 with 2052 viewshampstead_blue

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 08:24 - Jan 21 by itfcjoe

I probably spend about that just on the games I miss as it adds up at €6/£10 a pop

I've been buying every game on streaming and subscribe annually as well.

Not expensive and not a great product.
If it's a decent revenue share with the provider then I'm all for it.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 9:17]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 13:32 - Jan 21 with 1848 viewsgringoblue

According to the iFollow website "at least 70% of net iFollow revenues go directly to your club"
Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 14:18 - Jan 21 with 1803 viewsSuperfrans

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 13:35 - Jan 20 by Dubtractor

I'd be surprised if it were that many - that would mean around 220 match passes per match, as average. That seems high to me.

That said, I've never ever bought one and yet there seems to be lots of people on here who do - so what do I know??

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 14:21 - Jan 21 with 1798 viewsDanTheMan

Income from iFollow. Accrington owner saying they’ve made just 2500 quid this on 09:17 - Jan 21 by hampstead_blue

I've been buying every game on streaming and subscribe annually as well.

Not expensive and not a great product.
If it's a decent revenue share with the provider then I'm all for it.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 9:17]

Actually think the product is OK, considering. The camera work is a bit dodgy sometimes and it's not a high definition stream but I think that's more down to how they are filmed rather than the tech itself.

I've never had it cut out of need to buffer constantly like some other live services (looking at you ITV).

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024