Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship 17:42 - Feb 5 with 2386 viewsbluelagos

Just signed up (deposit paid) for Lands End -> John O Groats cycle ride in September - so got a few months to get bike fit.

Closer to the time Wwill be tapping people up for sponsorship - a local foodbank. Riding partner wants to raise for a local hospice.

Must be off my head....

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 17:46 - Feb 5 with 2361 viewsGlasgowBlue

That's a long old slog mate. Any sponsorship will be well deserved. Look forward to donating.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 17:50 - Feb 5 with 2357 viewsbluelagos

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 17:46 - Feb 5 by GlasgowBlue

That's a long old slog mate. Any sponsorship will be well deserved. Look forward to donating.

Cheers. Is about 1000 miles over 14 days - so 60-70 mile days.

I cycled 50 yesterday - and lived. But sod all proper hills to practice on down here...

Edit - just looked - some 80 mile fckers in there too.
http://pedalbritain.com/tour.php?t_id=25-&title=lejog-lands-end-to-john-ogroats
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 17:53]

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 17:52 - Feb 5 with 2338 viewsGlasgowBlue

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 17:50 - Feb 5 by bluelagos

I cycled 50 yesterday - and lived. But sod all proper hills to practice on down here...

We have one of to up here. A you will soon find out.

Iron Lion Zion

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 17:54 - Feb 5 with 2337 viewsbluelagos

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 17:52 - Feb 5 by GlasgowBlue

We have one of to up here. A you will soon find out.

Cornwall / Devon is supposed to be the worst. Mate (From Dunfirmline as it happens) did it in a week. I am being sensible(ish) and giving it 2 weeks.

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 17:59 - Feb 5 with 2318 viewsHARRY10

pre-warning ?

what in earth is that ?
Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 18:04 - Feb 5 with 2314 viewsbluelagos

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 17:59 - Feb 5 by HARRY10

pre-warning ?

what in earth is that ?

Means I'm committing to doing it. And need some encouragement :-)

But am too useless to have set up a justgiving page yet.

Deposits paid - so is happening - (so long as there are no bad injuries)

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 18:26 - Feb 5 with 2295 viewsfactual_blue

I'm afraid I'm with Katharine Ryan on sponsorship.

Happy to donate to charities that I believe in (which includes foodbanks btw)

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 18:55 - Feb 5 with 2257 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nice. Are you going for the 39 hour record, or stretching it out to make a relaxing long weekend of it?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:00 - Feb 5 with 2250 viewsPecker

Will be happy to donate.
Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:03 - Feb 5 with 2253 viewsdavblue

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 17:50 - Feb 5 by bluelagos

One of my work colleagues done this last year. Surprisingly he said the first bits in Cornwall etc were the hardest parts.

This is a massive challenge, so all the very best!
Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:10 - Feb 5 with 2228 viewsPinewoodblue

Wouldn’t it be better to cycle from John O’ Groats to Lands End, looking at a globe it seems it is all downhill.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:17 - Feb 5 with 2213 viewsjeera

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:10 - Feb 5 by Pinewoodblue

Wouldn’t it be better to cycle from John O’ Groats to Lands End, looking at a globe it seems it is all downhill.

If I were him I would seriously be looking at the possibility of one being easier than the other!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:20 - Feb 5 with 2210 viewsNewcyBlue

Depending on upcoming IVF I will be around in September.

Need a support vehicle for part of the way?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:23 - Feb 5 with 2202 viewsGlasgowBlue

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:10 - Feb 5 by Pinewoodblue

Ha!! Psychologically when I travel south it always seems so. Hit Carlisle - not long to Manchester. Pass Manchester - Not long to Birmingham. Pass Birmingham - nice easy run on the A120.

The opposite journey always seems like a bloody hard slog. By them time I hit Carlisle it feels like an eternity to get to Glasgow.

Iron Lion Zion

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:35 - Feb 5 with 2173 viewsbluelagos

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:20 - Feb 5 by NewcyBlue

Depending on upcoming IVF I will be around in September.

Need a support vehicle for part of the way?

We have one as part of the holiday. Be happy to have you come and wave us on - bring us cake though!

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:43 - Feb 5 with 2161 viewsgordon

You wouldn't say that after cycling into south-westerlies for two weeks!
Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:45 - Feb 5 with 2159 viewsNewcyBlue

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:35 - Feb 5 by bluelagos

We have one as part of the holiday. Be happy to have you come and wave us on - bring us cake though!

I make a very good Ferraro Rocher cake actually!

MrsN makes good Nutella filled cookies too!

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 20:01 - Feb 5 with 2137 viewshoppy

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 18:26 - Feb 5 by factual_blue

I'm afraid I'm with Katharine Ryan on sponsorship.

Happy to donate to charities that I believe in (which includes foodbanks btw)

You got sponsored to be with Katherine Ryan?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 20:03 - Feb 5 with 2134 viewsNewcyBlue

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 20:01 - Feb 5 by hoppy

You got sponsored to be with Katherine Ryan?

Poor Katherine....

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 20:07 - Feb 5 with 2126 viewsPinewoodblue

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:23 - Feb 5 by GlasgowBlue

Ha!! Psychologically when I travel south it always seems so. Hit Carlisle - not long to Manchester. Pass Manchester - Not long to Birmingham. Pass Birmingham - nice easy run on the A120.

The opposite journey always seems like a bloody hard slog. By them time I hit Carlisle it feels like an eternity to get to Glasgow.

Same with A1 heading north always seems uphill.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 23:26 - Feb 5 with 2033 viewsbrazil1982

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:43 - Feb 5 by gordon

You wouldn't say that after cycling into south-westerlies for two weeks!

Never hear of many cycling that way. Wonder why?
Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 23:52 - Feb 5 with 2024 viewsBlueBadger

Pre warning of impending harassment for sponsorship on 19:03 - Feb 5 by davblue

One of my work colleagues done this last year. Surprisingly he said the first bits in Cornwall etc were the hardest parts.

This is a massive challenge, so all the very best!

Thing about the West Country that a lot of people appear not to know is that it's very hilly, particularly Devon and Cornwall. Add in the very twisty, turny roads that make up approximately 97% of Cornwall's highways and I'm not surprised he found it tricky.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024