Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
69% of forum voters ? 00:58 - Feb 15 with 1731 viewsmadmouse1959

Prefer that Cole Skuse is not offered another contract. I bet Evans was not expecting that result.

shampoo dave

69% of forum voters ? on 07:46 - Feb 15 with 1614 viewshoppy

Or, to put it another way... 18 people.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

69% of forum voters ? on 07:47 - Feb 15 with 1610 viewsHerbivore

I don't think ME reads the forum, mate. If he does I doubt he bases his decisions on it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

69% of forum voters ? on 07:57 - Feb 15 with 1584 viewshoppy

69% of forum voters ? on 07:47 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

I don't think ME reads the forum, mate. If he does I doubt he bases his decisions on it.

Given some of the decisions he’s made over the years, you could arguably say that perhaps he does...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

69% of forum voters ? on 08:08 - Feb 15 with 1555 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What an odd post, have I missed a Marcus Evans loves Cole Skuse story somewhere?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

69% of forum voters ? on 08:18 - Feb 15 with 1545 viewsPJH

80% of Forum readers think this is a ridiculous opening post.
69% of forum voters ? on 08:26 - Feb 15 with 1516 viewsGuthrum

Where is this poll?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

69% of forum voters ? on 08:33 - Feb 15 with 1481 viewsMullet

The type of people bothered to vote on a poll about this type of thing are the type to make odd, crowing posts at 1am about it I guess.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

69% of forum voters ? on 09:14 - Feb 15 with 1398 viewsKeaneish

You've incurred the ire of the forum waking up to their pre-match bowl of cornflakes. Too early for a Cole Skuse debate but lets have one anyway and turn this thread into something more meaningful...

I guess the question is, what sort of contract offer would we expect him to receive? There's no doubt he's in the twilight of his career and post injuries, he's not been the same player this season. Given our league status is somewhat precarious, i fail to see him stepping out in the Championship next year and even League 1 has looked a little beyond him in recent games.

A player-coaching role would be the obvious next step allowing him to be a squad filler when required and work toward his coaching badges. Now Chris Hogg has gone, i wonder if Skuse may fill this role?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

69% of forum voters ? on 09:22 - Feb 15 with 1365 viewsGuthrum

69% of forum voters ? on 09:14 - Feb 15 by Keaneish

You've incurred the ire of the forum waking up to their pre-match bowl of cornflakes. Too early for a Cole Skuse debate but lets have one anyway and turn this thread into something more meaningful...

I guess the question is, what sort of contract offer would we expect him to receive? There's no doubt he's in the twilight of his career and post injuries, he's not been the same player this season. Given our league status is somewhat precarious, i fail to see him stepping out in the Championship next year and even League 1 has looked a little beyond him in recent games.

A player-coaching role would be the obvious next step allowing him to be a squad filler when required and work toward his coaching badges. Now Chris Hogg has gone, i wonder if Skuse may fill this role?

Such a transition would seem the obvious route, but even with Hogg's departure, do we have the room for more coaches?

From having heard him speak, Skuse is an intelligent bloke who I think could become a decent manager, in time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

69% of forum voters ? on 09:42 - Feb 15 with 1310 viewsfactual_blue

69% of forum voters ? on 08:18 - Feb 15 by PJH

80% of Forum readers think this is a ridiculous opening post.

Your estimate is twenty percentage points too low.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

69% of forum voters ? on 09:49 - Feb 15 with 1300 viewsmonty_radio

Certainly he seems destined to have some sort of coaching role in the game. But I guess the issue of a playing contract really ought to depnd on the cost of it and how it might turn out he is used. Those who are dead set against it probably imagine that a renewed playing contract for Skuse signalled an intention to carry on with a defensive mindset of two sitters which has not even spared our goals against column, despite its overuse.

As a coach plus an occasional role on the pitch, if we were still L1, mind, it would give us access to a better sub than most L1 sides could afford to carry. The Championship would be an entirely different question - which is presumably why the club would hold fire for the present.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 10:47]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

69% of forum voters ? on 09:57 - Feb 15 with 1266 viewsHerbivore

Playing wise I expect him to be a bit part player from here but his experience is a valuable asset and I'd probably still make him our best pure holding midfielder with Downes being more effective as a box to box player. We don't always need a sitter though and I'm comfortable with him being more of an occasional starter these days.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

69% of forum voters ? on 13:13 - Feb 15 with 1131 viewsJ2BLUE

I think we could do worse than groom Chambers and Skuse to take over eventually. Chambers seems to get it. Often speaks honestly and highlights the same things as the fans and often comes across as if he has much more to say.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

69% of forum voters ? on 13:19 - Feb 15 with 1118 viewsBlueForYou

I think we should strip out all the existing McCarthy & Hurst signings & rebuild positively.
69% of forum voters ? on 13:21 - Feb 15 with 1102 viewsDubtractor

69% of forum voters ? on 09:57 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

Playing wise I expect him to be a bit part player from here but his experience is a valuable asset and I'd probably still make him our best pure holding midfielder with Downes being more effective as a box to box player. We don't always need a sitter though and I'm comfortable with him being more of an occasional starter these days.

Pretty much my view too - for this season.

I'd be a bit underwhelmed if we offered him anything more than a 1 year deal from here though, and not at all disappointed if he moved on, unless he is lined up for a coaching role.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024