Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst manager in our history (n/t) 18:05 - Feb 22 with 3183 viewsBluefish

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 18:06 - Feb 22 with 2909 viewsSuffolktractor

Not sure, but probably go with John Duncan
Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 18:07 - Feb 22 with 2891 viewsMach_foreignBlue

But there is a person who has rewarded him by 5 yrs extension? Care to applaud that person?
Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 18:07 - Feb 22 with 2886 viewsstrikalite

To be fair, we've had a few here...
Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 18:07 - Feb 22 with 2888 viewsPecker

We have a couple or 3 shockers, but yes, the worst of the lot. The others weren't in the 3rd division.
Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 18:08 - Feb 22 with 2846 viewsBluefish

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 18:07 - Feb 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

But there is a person who has rewarded him by 5 yrs extension? Care to applaud that person?

You forgot to mention mick, chambers, skuse and Huws. Just accept what Lambert is for the 1st time

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 18:09 - Feb 22 with 2831 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 18:06 - Feb 22 by Suffolktractor

Not sure, but probably go with John Duncan

Wasn't it actually Jackie Milburn?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 18:09 - Feb 22 with 2819 viewsAlexwaddell

A bit harsh...just because he has no tacticl nounce, changes formation mid game, takes international breaks to lose cohesion, retains a squad of 48, makes substitutions at the wrong time and the wrong subs.....cant see where you are coming from......

Poll: What was today?

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 18:14 - Feb 22 with 2756 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 18:08 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

You forgot to mention mick, chambers, skuse and Huws. Just accept what Lambert is for the 1st time

We aren't talking about other people so don't change the subject just because you're looking silly as ever. We are talking about the person who has given him 5 years extension. Aren't you bothered to applaud 'marcus' for that?
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 18:14]
Login to get fewer ads

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 18:52 - Feb 22 with 2596 viewsBluefish

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 18:14 - Feb 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

We aren't talking about other people so don't change the subject just because you're looking silly as ever. We are talking about the person who has given him 5 years extension. Aren't you bothered to applaud 'marcus' for that?

Bore off. Your history on here is so far out on things you have backed or opposed
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 19:46]

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 19:09 - Feb 22 with 2527 viewsClareBlue

Depens on what you mean by 'worst'

If you mean had the biggest negative impact on the club as a whole, then Keane without a doubt. He wasted whatever investment was going to be made and made the owner change his mind on taking a risk on the team to accumulate long term. The consequencies of Keane on the club as a whole are far reaching and way beyond any other manager since.

If you mean the manager that managed a team that won the least games then it is Hurst. If you mean the manager that managed a team of the least ability and the lowest level and couldn't get them to win games then it is Lambert, and if you mean worst is the least entertainment or excitment from watching them, then it is Mick.

Overall, because of the long term impact on the club, it has to be Keane who has a legacy of Ipswich who play Sunderland in the 3rd Tier of Football and Ireland's worst team in living memory and causing friction in a camp that always had strength in togetherness and whatever he did at Nottingham Forest.
Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 19:13 - Feb 22 with 2507 viewsBlueBadger

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 18:14 - Feb 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

Cheer up Mach, at least you can now argue that Roy Keane isn't our worst ever manager with a straight face.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 19:49 - Feb 22 with 2418 viewsbilllm

I don't agree with this, fundings been a problem January 18 mega under funded to keep us us up, now restraint in league one, I will say that rotation crap has hurt us that I do blame on him,
Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 19:51 - Feb 22 with 2407 viewsBluefish

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 19:49 - Feb 22 by billlm

I don't agree with this, fundings been a problem January 18 mega under funded to keep us us up, now restraint in league one, I will say that rotation crap has hurt us that I do blame on him,

We probably have the highest wage bill in the league ffs

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 20:18 - Feb 22 with 2332 viewsmanchego

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 19:09 - Feb 22 by ClareBlue

Depens on what you mean by 'worst'

If you mean had the biggest negative impact on the club as a whole, then Keane without a doubt. He wasted whatever investment was going to be made and made the owner change his mind on taking a risk on the team to accumulate long term. The consequencies of Keane on the club as a whole are far reaching and way beyond any other manager since.

If you mean the manager that managed a team that won the least games then it is Hurst. If you mean the manager that managed a team of the least ability and the lowest level and couldn't get them to win games then it is Lambert, and if you mean worst is the least entertainment or excitment from watching them, then it is Mick.

Overall, because of the long term impact on the club, it has to be Keane who has a legacy of Ipswich who play Sunderland in the 3rd Tier of Football and Ireland's worst team in living memory and causing friction in a camp that always had strength in togetherness and whatever he did at Nottingham Forest.

That's a decent appraisal but I can't see past Hurst being the worst.
His relegation will probably leave us in football hades for the foreseeable future. It might kill us. Which is quite an outcome.
Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 20:21 - Feb 22 with 2312 viewshaynes_toe1

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 19:51 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

We probably have the highest wage bill in the league ffs

Yep. Cold hard facts, Lambert is the worst
Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 20:41 - Feb 22 with 2277 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 18:52 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

Bore off. Your history on here is so far out on things you have backed or opposed
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 19:46]

You're deliberately dodging the question.

Can you applaud and thank Evans for these extra 5 years, for yet another bad decision he has made? You stick up for him at every opportunity so be consistent and do this again.

You were so quiet this time last week. Was your internet down?
Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 20:46 - Feb 22 with 2225 viewsjobsworthblue

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 20:41 - Feb 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

You're deliberately dodging the question.

Can you applaud and thank Evans for these extra 5 years, for yet another bad decision he has made? You stick up for him at every opportunity so be consistent and do this again.

You were so quiet this time last week. Was your internet down?

We shouldn’t forget he has played for some massive clubs and won the champions league
Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 20:52 - Feb 22 with 2190 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 20:46 - Feb 22 by jobsworthblue

We shouldn’t forget he has played for some massive clubs and won the champions league

Bluefish will always keep reminding us about that. For some reason he doesn't want to applaud 'marcus' for that new 5 yrs deal.
Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 21:00 - Feb 22 with 2144 viewsthebooks

Nah.

For sheer catastrophic impact Paul Hurst. Roy Keane wasted a lot of money, had us playing dull football and was a complete mood hoover.

Looking further back, Jackie Millburn seems dire, but it's hard to tell without being round at the time.

Lambert gets bonus points for fixing things after MM and Paul Hurst. Unfortunately, he’s been unable to get this squad playing decent football for any real period of time,
Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 21:14 - Feb 22 with 2091 viewsBluefish

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 20:52 - Feb 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

Bluefish will always keep reminding us about that. For some reason he doesn't want to applaud 'marcus' for that new 5 yrs deal.

I have never met a football fan like you, it is quite bizarre

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 21:23 - Feb 22 with 2043 viewsPJH

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 21:00 - Feb 22 by thebooks

Nah.

For sheer catastrophic impact Paul Hurst. Roy Keane wasted a lot of money, had us playing dull football and was a complete mood hoover.

Looking further back, Jackie Millburn seems dire, but it's hard to tell without being round at the time.

Lambert gets bonus points for fixing things after MM and Paul Hurst. Unfortunately, he’s been unable to get this squad playing decent football for any real period of time,

Jackie Milburn's results were very disappointing and he was probably not cut out to be a manager at professional level.

Alf Ramsey left him with a team that had won the league several months before but a lot of that team were ageing and there was nobody in reserve.

Jackie Milburn made some very poor signings including signing goalkeeper Jim Thorburn from Raith Rovers and when it was pointed out that he had conceded something like 120 goals the previous season he said that it was not his fault but it was the fault of the defence in front of him. Fine except he then signed centre half Jackie Bolton from the same team.

He also made some good signings including Danny Hegan, Frank Brogan and Gerry Baker.

Gerry Baker scored loads of goals in a poor team and the other two helped us get back into the top division in 1967/68.

Jackie Milburn also started the youth team at Portman Road so that was a big plus.

Purely on results he was dire but a few of his signings and his starting the youth team count for something.
Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 21:56 - Feb 22 with 1914 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 21:14 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

I have never met a football fan like you, it is quite bizarre

What else are you going to dodge thanking your hero 'marcus' for 5 extra years for Lambert?

I remember standing a row below you at Lincoln two months ago and when I had to remind you what a f***ing disaster Evans has been for the club you were losing your s**t over the support for him.
So now be consistent and applaud 'marcus' for these extra 5 years.

At least your internet is fixed this week as it was broken this time last week after beating Burton wasn't it?
Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 22:15 - Feb 22 with 1824 viewsBluefish

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 21:56 - Feb 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

What else are you going to dodge thanking your hero 'marcus' for 5 extra years for Lambert?

I remember standing a row below you at Lincoln two months ago and when I had to remind you what a f***ing disaster Evans has been for the club you were losing your s**t over the support for him.
So now be consistent and applaud 'marcus' for these extra 5 years.

At least your internet is fixed this week as it was broken this time last week after beating Burton wasn't it?

I think you need help

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 22:18 - Feb 22 with 1809 viewsTonytown

Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 20:46 - Feb 22 by jobsworthblue

Wow, perhaps he should mention that sometime
Worst manager in our history (n/t) on 22:30 - Feb 22 with 1767 viewsSuperblue95

How anyone can downvote this is beyond me

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024