Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brilliant Magilton interview – thanks Phil 18:55 - Apr 2 with 1659 viewsSomethingBlue

Quite hard to read - emotionally that is - at some points, covers such a long and intense period of my (and probably the majority of TWTD-ers') ITFC-supporting life. A lot in there. Still feel pretty bothered that it ended as it did for him, because he will never be anything but an absolute legend to me. Chambers is the nearest thing we've had to that sort of character since but the way Magilton dragged us up in all departments would be very, very hard to match.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 19:03]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 19:06 - Apr 2 with 1615 viewsPhilTWTD

Cheers, most appreciated. Was great to do it, and think it was worth doing at the great length it is. Love the way he talks about the leveller in Bolton game in such detail and interesting to get his view of his exit and the court case. Don't think he's spoken about the latter before.
Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 19:08 - Apr 2 with 1602 viewsFixed_It

You do wonder what might have been had he had longer to build on developing 'the Ipswich way'. I guess we'll never know - but his paasion and drive can never be doubted.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 19:31 - Apr 2 with 1554 viewsRadlett_blue

Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 19:06 - Apr 2 by PhilTWTD

Cheers, most appreciated. Was great to do it, and think it was worth doing at the great length it is. Love the way he talks about the leveller in Bolton game in such detail and interesting to get his view of his exit and the court case. Don't think he's spoken about the latter before.

Jim's a passionate guy but I would guess a straight guy & the way Evans played games over paying him off the final year of his contract looks very poor. Keep obfuscating & at the last minute capitulate - very poor form.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 19:34 - Apr 2 with 1554 viewsPhilTWTD

Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 19:31 - Apr 2 by Radlett_blue

Jim's a passionate guy but I would guess a straight guy & the way Evans played games over paying him off the final year of his contract looks very poor. Keep obfuscating & at the last minute capitulate - very poor form.

Indeed, don't think ME comes out of that very well. I was told the names of particular players who were asked to speak against Jim but wouldn't. I won't name them in case my info was wrong and Jim wasn't able to confirm.
Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 19:49 - Apr 2 with 1506 viewstractorboy1978

Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 19:31 - Apr 2 by Radlett_blue

I get the feeling that this won't be the first time we hear Evans conduct/tenure here publicly criticised in the not so distant future. The two Milne interviews on the EADT seemed to stir up some response from Milton and Lee on Twitter.
Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 19:56 - Apr 2 with 1478 viewsPJH

A great read Phil, thank you.

I always liked Jimbo but I think I like him a little bit more after reading that.
Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 20:12 - Apr 2 with 1436 viewsitfcjoe

Yep great interview Phil, that doubled up with the Blue Monday pod and it just has passion oozing out of it

As others have commented, the manner of his exit is utterly disgraceful and good to read about and thanks for the detail but also quite emotional and leaves you seething at the conduct of Evans, Clegg et al

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 20:14 - Apr 2 with 1433 viewsallezlesbleus

You can tell that JM loved his time at Ipswich, both as a player and a manager.

One thing is for sure, he would have never been treated by the Cobbolds like he was by ME.

I can guarantee one thing......if Jim had been manager for longer, we would have beaten Norwich several times. There is no way that the players would have got away with humiliating the fans like they have been allowed to for the last decade or more , if he had been in charge.

* Edited. Thanks for publishing this Phil, great interview.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 20:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 20:19 - Apr 2 with 1414 viewsSteve_M

Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 19:06 - Apr 2 by PhilTWTD

Yes, it's excellent. As SB says brings back a lot of emotions and memories. Exacerbated by the sense that that was a level of achievement now beyond us.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 21:04 - Apr 2 with 1332 viewsAce_High1

Yes great read and the podcast interview was great as well.

Makes me want to watch the 1999/2000 and 2000/20001 season reviews, are there any available online for those two seasons?
Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 21:31 - Apr 2 with 1264 viewsdavblue

Loved him as a player, he really added quality to the team when he joined an obvious step up from what we had before.

You look back and there's an argument that he was one of the most influential players we have had in the last 25 years, more so than Chambers imo (that's no slight on Chambers)
Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 21:48 - Apr 2 with 1218 viewsEwan_Oozami

Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 21:31 - Apr 2 by davblue

Loved him as a player, he really added quality to the team when he joined an obvious step up from what we had before.

You look back and there's an argument that he was one of the most influential players we have had in the last 25 years, more so than Chambers imo (that's no slight on Chambers)

I'd add De Vos to that as well...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 23:09 - Apr 2 with 1141 viewsernie

Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 21:04 - Apr 2 by Ace_High1

Makes me want to watch the 1999/2000 and 2000/20001 season reviews, are there any available online for those two seasons?

both are fully available on youtube I believe
Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 08:40 - Apr 3 with 951 viewsRadlett_blue

Brilliant Magilton interview — thanks Phil on 21:04 - Apr 2 by Ace_High1

I would have liked to have heard more from Jim as to how & why it all went wrong in 2001-02, but he certainly doesn't seem to be blaming the new signings or GB. I'd forgotten Jim himself was never really fit that season & maybe that was a bigger factor than we thought.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024