Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph 18:33 - May 17 with 4441 viewspointofblue

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/17/league-one-clubs-expected-vote-e

But the possibility still seems to be there to extend the Play Offs to eight teams. I mean... seriously?!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:37 - May 17 with 3653 viewsgainsboroughblue

And still we wouldn't be involved.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:41 - May 17 with 3634 viewspointofblue

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:37 - May 17 by gainsboroughblue

With eight we would be - third to tenth. Looks like Coventry and Rotherham will go up automatically.

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:42 - May 17 with 3628 viewsgainsboroughblue

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:41 - May 17 by pointofblue

With eight we would be - third to tenth. Looks like Coventry and Rotherham will go up automatically.

We are 11th using PPG.

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:44 - May 17 with 3623 viewspointofblue

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:42 - May 17 by gainsboroughblue

We are 11th using PPG.

Forgot about that - what about weighted PPG? As much as it pains me to say it I think we'd really push it if they extend the Play Off number.

Though I guess if we do fail to make it/go up it may give Evans some leeway with Lambert's contract.

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:45 - May 17 with 3618 viewsgainsboroughblue

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:44 - May 17 by pointofblue

Forgot about that - what about weighted PPG? As much as it pains me to say it I think we'd really push it if they extend the Play Off number.

Though I guess if we do fail to make it/go up it may give Evans some leeway with Lambert's contract.

I believe we stand 11th however it is done.

Edit.

I think the top 6 in PPG is Coventry, Rotherham, Wycombe, Oxford, Portsmouth, Fleetwood
Weighted PPG: Oxford go above Wycombe, Peterborough replace Pompey in play-offs.
[Post edited 17 May 2020 18:49]

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:47 - May 17 with 3604 viewsEastTownBlue

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:37 - May 17 by gainsboroughblue

The play offs are extended and we still don't make it ?

What a shocking season it has been.
League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:53 - May 17 with 3567 viewsBlueBadger

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:42 - May 17 by gainsboroughblue

We are 11th using PPG.

I think I speak for all of us when I say 'Lambert out' here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:57 - May 17 with 3566 viewsTrequartista

I cannot understand why there are not only 2 possibilities

1) Resume the season
2) Abandon the season with no promotion or relegation.

Anything else is just unfair, you can't move the goalposts.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:05 - May 17 with 3511 viewsbrogansnose

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:47 - May 17 by EastTownBlue

The play offs are extended and we still don't make it ?

What a shocking season it has been.

Yeah, essentially we've compounded being woeful in the Championship by being distinctly average in Division 3.

Tremendous.
League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:14 - May 17 with 3470 viewsHerbivore

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:57 - May 17 by Trequartista

1) Resume the season

Blimey, I actually find myself agreeing with you. I don't like the idea of ending a season prematurely and treating it like it's been finished. It's not very fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:19 - May 17 with 3463 viewsitfcjoe

Someone I spoke to today who's relatively well connected expects it to go to 8 teams with us in it.

Guess we'll see as everything so up in the air

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:27 - May 17 with 3413 viewstractorboy1978

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:19 - May 17 by itfcjoe

Someone I spoke to today who's relatively well connected expects it to go to 8 teams with us in it.

Surely not if we are 11th after PPG applied? Unless a club above us cannot afford to carry on. Would be the most embarrassing way to possibly go up!
League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:29 - May 17 with 3394 viewsHerbivore

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:19 - May 17 by itfcjoe

I'd feel somewhat embarrassed if we somehow end up in the play offs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:29 - May 17 with 3391 viewsTrequartista

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:14 - May 17 by Herbivore

Blimey, I actually find myself agreeing with you. I don't like the idea of ending a season prematurely and treating it like it's been finished. It's not very fair.

I suppose with the Championship aiming to finish the season, and therefore relegation places will be filled, there appears to be a necessity to fill the promotion spots in League One, but I don't see how that is feasible. Any solution is just changing the rules that were agreed. Either finish it, or forget promotion and relegation.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:38 - May 17 with 3346 viewsitfcjoe

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:27 - May 17 by tractorboy1978

Surely not if we are 11th after PPG applied? Unless a club above us cannot afford to carry on. Would be the most embarrassing way to possibly go up!

That was my view but he didn’t seem to share that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:40 - May 17 with 3340 viewsBlueBrittania

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:27 - May 17 by tractorboy1978

Embarrassing way to go up, yes, but much less embarrassing than another year in League One.
League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:40 - May 17 with 3341 viewsPendejo

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:29 - May 17 by Herbivore

I'd feel somewhat embarrassed if we somehow end up in the play offs.

I think we deserve an automatic place, I mean if the half season method emp!oyed...

In truth a ppg method would probably be fairest, voiding would be unfair o on the top 2 especially... Also would voiding mean Bolton start on minus again next season?

The only way I'd accept voiding is if it meant Bury could join us all in L1.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:55 - May 17 with 3271 viewsDanny_G

I suppose, objectively, PPG leads to a less fair outcome if it means Gillingham overtake us. They have a much tougher run-in - still have to play the top two, Fleetwood and Wycombe. We have four of the bottom six at home.

Could it be they’ve decided to keep the places as they are for that reason (and, miraculously, everyone’s agreed)?
League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 20:00 - May 17 with 3238 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:55 - May 17 by Danny_G

I suppose, objectively, PPG leads to a less fair outcome if it means Gillingham overtake us. They have a much tougher run-in - still have to play the top two, Fleetwood and Wycombe. We have four of the bottom six at home.

Could it be they’ve decided to keep the places as they are for that reason (and, miraculously, everyone’s agreed)?

Although the obvious counter point to that is that the teams respective form over the past 20-odd games suggests they would be well clear of us by the season end

Us being deemed to be ahead of Gillingham and included in an expanded playoff would be a pretty embarrassing outcome, although I’d laugh hard if we somehow won it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 20:07 - May 17 with 3215 viewsIllinoisblue

By what criteria would we we get into that group of 8?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 20:08 - May 17 with 3206 viewstractorboy1978

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:55 - May 17 by Danny_G

Gillingham have played a game less than us. If you 'true the league up' so we've all played the same games on a PPG basis they go ahead of us.
League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 20:09 - May 17 with 3205 viewsPJH

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 20:07 - May 17 by Illinoisblue

By what criteria would we we get into that group of 8?

Alphabetical I think
League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 20:15 - May 17 with 3179 viewstractorboy1978

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 19:40 - May 17 by BlueBrittania

Embarrassing way to go up, yes, but much less embarrassing than another year in League One.

Disagree. At least we'd have some integrity as a club.
League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 20:18 - May 17 with 3160 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 18:57 - May 17 by Trequartista

1) Resume the season

Accepting that it can’t be completed, it would be unfair whether you abandon it or declare it completed

Personally I think enough of the season has been played to justify the latter, although can certainly see the counter-argument

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 20:30 - May 17 with 3123 viewsIllinoisblue

League One season to be curtailed this week - Telegraph on 20:09 - May 17 by PJH

Alphabetical I think

Seems fair. Works for me

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024