Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” 18:34 - May 23 with 2030 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....tell my 80 year old mother all about it Mr Shapps....and yet!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 19:28 - May 23 with 1476 viewsFixed_It

And tell my 84 year old mother too while you're at it. Living alone, 130 miles away with most of her closest friends now dead. Of course I want to be able to visit her....but they said I shouldn't so I haven't. And yet...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 19:32 - May 23 with 1453 viewsvapour_trail

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 19:28 - May 23 by Fixed_It

And tell my 84 year old mother too while you're at it. Living alone, 130 miles away with most of her closest friends now dead. Of course I want to be able to visit her....but they said I shouldn't so I haven't. And yet...

Likewise. 74 rather than 84 but same scenario.

Even when my wife and I were unwell.

We are ruled by cnts who know they are above the law.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 19:32 - May 23 with 1463 viewsBrianTablet

And if you had suspected Corona, surely you wouldn't be going anywhere near your elderly parents, however much you wanted them to look after the kids.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 19:59]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 19:39 - May 23 with 1438 viewsGuthrum

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 19:28 - May 23 by Fixed_It

And mine, aged 81. On her own, hasn't left her home/garden since the end of March.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 19:41 - May 23 with 1438 viewsSwansea_Blue

My a brother in law and his missus had it and they've 2 young kids under 3. Had a nightmare apparently trying to manage it (BIL was bad with it). But they stayed in and coped the best they could because the rules/law stated if you have symptoms you MUST stay at home.

They really are a bunch of c*nts (this particular Govt., not my BIL and his family - they're lovely people).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 19:46 - May 23 with 1415 viewsShawsey

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 19:39 - May 23 by Guthrum

And mine, aged 81. On her own, hasn't left her home/garden since the end of March.

Same here. My Mum is 81 and hasn't left her home since the lockdown began. Shame on him and his supporters.
“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 19:52 - May 23 with 1397 viewsSwansea_Blue

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 19:46 - May 23 by Shawsey

Same here. My Mum is 81 and hasn't left her home since the lockdown began. Shame on him and his supporters.

My old fella's 81 and sounds like he's a rebel in comparison. He's been to his local shop at least once a week!(Otherwise hunkered down and unable to see his family).

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:05 - May 23 with 1363 viewsjeera

One of my aunties died this afternoon.

To my 82 year old mum that was one of her younger sisters. She's understandably very upset.

I should be with her but daren't.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:11 - May 23 with 1345 viewsvapour_trail

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:05 - May 23 by jeera

To my 82 year old mum that was one of her younger sisters. She's understandably very upset.

Sorry mate.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:16 - May 23 with 1333 viewsNthsuffolkblue

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:05 - May 23 by jeera

Sorry to hear that Jeera.

We can still be there for our families even if we can't be physically present.

Stay safe for her sake regardless of idiots like DC.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:19 - May 23 with 1332 viewsjeera

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:11 - May 23 by vapour_trail

Sorry mate.

Thanks vt.

I keep thinking if I fill my car's tank with fuel, then stay home for a week, could I then go a spend a couple of days at her place? It's a 3 hour journey so I can't just pop up and chat on the doorstep.

I live alone and am willing to sacrifice 7 bloomin' days with no outside contact.

I would have to do things such as pop outside and water plants etc but I could get away with doing only that. Neighbour's door is close but they'd understand if I explain I need them to take a few precautions.

I don't know.

Edit; opinions are welcome from anyone btw. I won't be offended either way. I'm at a bit of a loss on this one.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 20:26]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:26 - May 23 with 1301 viewsCBBlue

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 19:41 - May 23 by Swansea_Blue

My a brother in law and his missus had it and they've 2 young kids under 3. Had a nightmare apparently trying to manage it (BIL was bad with it). But they stayed in and coped the best they could because the rules/law stated if you have symptoms you MUST stay at home.

They really are a bunch of c*nts (this particular Govt., not my BIL and his family - they're lovely people).

It's become clear today that they obviously don't love or care about those children

An elderly neighbour of mine is shielding and lost their last surviving sibling last week, they can't attend the funeral....and their family can't hug them. Seeing them in tears and not be able to go into their garden to console them was so tough....but I thought I was doing the right thing.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:41 - May 23 with 1277 viewsNthsuffolkblue

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:26 - May 23 by CBBlue

It's become clear today that they obviously don't love or care about those children

An elderly neighbour of mine is shielding and lost their last surviving sibling last week, they can't attend the funeral....and their family can't hug them. Seeing them in tears and not be able to go into their garden to console them was so tough....but I thought I was doing the right thing.

You were doing the right thing.

The problem is their supporters will buy into the idea it is because DC loves his child so much that he did what he did.

If anything can console you, though, imagine being related to DC.

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:46 - May 23 with 1265 viewsShawsey

Sorry to hear your sad news. Thoughts with your family.
“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:50 - May 23 with 1249 viewsShawsey

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:19 - May 23 by jeera

Thanks vt.

I keep thinking if I fill my car's tank with fuel, then stay home for a week, could I then go a spend a couple of days at her place? It's a 3 hour journey so I can't just pop up and chat on the doorstep.

I live alone and am willing to sacrifice 7 bloomin' days with no outside contact.

I would have to do things such as pop outside and water plants etc but I could get away with doing only that. Neighbour's door is close but they'd understand if I explain I need them to take a few precautions.

I don't know.

Edit; opinions are welcome from anyone btw. I won't be offended either way. I'm at a bit of a loss on this one.

The obvious answer is no, don't go. Only you can make this call. I would suggest long phone calls to your Mum, rather than a visit. Your choice of course. Don't post it on here if you do go. They will eat you alive.
“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:54 - May 23 with 1241 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sorry to hear that mate. My missus' uncle died yesterday and we're in the same boat with her mum. Mrs Swanners wants to be there for her, but we daren't for their sake and they don't want us there at this time. And then it'll be the funeral question as to my mother-in-law feels up to risking the trip (they haven't been out yet since the lockdown began).

And then you have utter c*nts like Cummings and Jenrick swanning around like they're above the law. Total arseholes. I think Johnson's dad has been outed for breaking the lockdown too {checked - and he has].
[Post edited 23 May 2020 21:02]

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:58 - May 23 with 1218 viewsNthsuffolkblue

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:54 - May 23 by Swansea_Blue

Sorry to hear that mate. My missus' uncle died yesterday and we're in the same boat with her mum. Mrs Swanners wants to be there for her, but we daren't for their sake and they don't want us there at this time. And then it'll be the funeral question as to my mother-in-law feels up to risking the trip (they haven't been out yet since the lockdown began).

And then you have utter c*nts like Cummings and Jenrick swanning around like they're above the law. Total arseholes. I think Johnson's dad has been outed for breaking the lockdown too {checked - and he has].

That's an interesting last sentence.

Do you think there is a case for they can't do anything about Cummings if it turns out Johnson has done pretty much the same? Clearly pure speculation at this stage unless Swansea knows of any substance to that.

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 21:02 - May 23 with 1205 viewsShawsey

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:54 - May 23 by Swansea_Blue

Thought are with you.
“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 21:05 - May 23 with 1196 viewsbluelagos

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:19 - May 23 by jeera

Thanks vt.

I don't know.

Sorry for your loss.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 21:08 - May 23 with 1191 viewsartsbossbeard

My parents, 70+ both, have refused to leave their house for 60+ days now to comply with self isolation rules.

Cummings actions are undefendable.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 21:08 - May 23 with 1186 viewsSwansea_Blue

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:58 - May 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

That's an interesting last sentence.

Do you think there is a case for they can't do anything about Cummings if it turns out Johnson has done pretty much the same? Clearly pure speculation at this stage unless Swansea knows of any substance to that.

Edited - I've just checked. His dad broke the lockdown. I've seen it claimed that Johnson has been moving between homes, but don't know if that's true.

It's a question that a few pundits have raised lately. Johnson is guilty of a fair number of indiscretions, so it certainly makes it harder for him to apply discipline when he's been so lax himself. There was illegally shutting down parliament, being ousted as a liar (on many occasions, including misleading parliament twice last week which is normally a serious offense). There's confirmation from civil servants that his relationship with Jennifer Arcuri did affect their judgements when striking deals during trade missions. The Russian report he won't release. There's the weird AWOL episode where he went and got hammered at the expense of a Russian backer or supporter. The plotting to get a journalist beaten up and him being sacked for fabricating news stories, etc.

He's as ben as a butchers hook. Either that will be affecting his judgement or he simply doesn't care about what is right.

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 21:10 - May 23 with 1181 viewsCBBlue

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 20:41 - May 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

You were doing the right thing.

The problem is their supporters will buy into the idea it is because DC loves his child so much that he did what he did.

If anything can console you, though, imagine being related to DC.

"If anything can console you, though, imagine being related to DC."

**shudder** that is something I truly never want to imagine.

Jeera my thoughts are with you, only you can know what's best for you but please don't be swayed by the tory bullpoo about DC and his reasonings.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 21:21]

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 21:12 - May 23 with 1172 viewsSwansea_Blue

It gets worse. Downing Street can do nothing but lie. It's constant - Trumpesque even.

“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 21:12 - May 23 with 1171 viewseireblue

Thanks vt.

I don't know.

Yep. Been in a similar situation. Just all a bit cr4p really.

Decision by the relatives was to stay away. Tough choice. You have my sympathy.
“In moments of crisis, we seek to have our family around us.” on 22:02 - May 23 with 1084 viewstractordownsouth

The arrogance of this tw@t. People are enraged, pointing out that they haven't been able to attend their parents' funerals etc, yet they still tweet sh1te like this.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024