Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC statement on returning to training 13:06 - Jun 1 with 1900 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

ITFC statement on returning to training on 14:08 - Jun 1 with 1796 viewsBLUEBEAT

We already know it won’t happen as the majority of L1 teams want the league stopped now.

Poll: W or W

ITFC statement on returning to training on 14:16 - Jun 1 with 1784 viewsitfcjoe

Just fells like the can being kicked so far down the road there will be no time left to do anything anyway

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

ITFC statement on returning to training on 14:22 - Jun 1 with 1768 viewstractorboy1978

ITFC statement on returning to training on 14:08 - Jun 1 by BLUEBEAT

We already know it won’t happen as the majority of L1 teams want the league stopped now.

I read the other day that 15 want to carry on.
ITFC statement on returning to training on 16:23 - Jun 1 with 1677 viewsjonbull88

ITFC statement on returning to training on 14:08 - Jun 1 by BLUEBEAT

My argument is if they don’t want to play behind closed doors now, they can’t turn around and play behind closed doors in September. They claim it’s too expensive to play out the season. How much will it cost to not play for a whole year maybe more.
ITFC statement on returning to training on 16:27 - Jun 1 with 1668 viewsITFC_Forever

ITFC statement on returning to training on 14:16 - Jun 1 by itfcjoe

Just fells like the can being kicked so far down the road there will be no time left to do anything anyway

You do get the impression that's the tactics the smaller clubs are using.

Drag it out as long as possible so it can't happen anyway.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

ITFC statement on returning to training on 16:31 - Jun 1 with 1649 viewsPhilTWTD

ITFC statement on returning to training on 16:27 - Jun 1 by ITFC_Forever

You do get the impression that's the tactics the smaller clubs are using.

Drag it out as long as possible so it can't happen anyway.

The EFL has been trying to get a firm vote either way rather than 51/49 or similar - which seems to be the overall position - and not really sought to make a firm decision, hence the lag. Even now, after putting out their draft framework, they're still willing to listen to proposals like Tranmere's. I'm sure you're right that there are clubs happy to drag things out for their own agendas as well.
ITFC statement on returning to training on 16:58 - Jun 1 with 1605 viewsgainsboroughblue

ITFC statement on returning to training on 16:31 - Jun 1 by PhilTWTD

The EFL has been trying to get a firm vote either way rather than 51/49 or similar - which seems to be the overall position - and not really sought to make a firm decision, hence the lag. Even now, after putting out their draft framework, they're still willing to listen to proposals like Tranmere's. I'm sure you're right that there are clubs happy to drag things out for their own agendas as well.

What actually is Tranmere's proposal? I've read it but not quite sure I follow what that will mean in terms of a finished league table.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

ITFC statement on returning to training on 18:11 - Jun 1 with 1526 viewsChrisd

ITFC statement on returning to training on 16:31 - Jun 1 by PhilTWTD

They are certainly trying hard to escape from the use of PPG and certain relegation. I just find some of their suggestions rather random though and difficult to comprehend. If the majority of clubs don’t want to finish the season due to the financial implications, then PPG it is and 11th for us!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

ITFC statement on returning to training on 08:21 - Jun 2 with 1332 viewsitfcjoe

ITFC statement on returning to training on 16:58 - Jun 1 by gainsboroughblue

What actually is Tranmere's proposal? I've read it but not quite sure I follow what that will mean in terms of a finished league table.

Basically that there is a margin for error with regards to PPG and those that fall within the margin for error shouldn't be relegated, and those that fall within the margin of error for the play offs should be able to compete in them (this isn't us by the way)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

ITFC statement on returning to training on 10:01 - Jun 2 with 1260 viewsChrisd

ITFC statement on returning to training on 16:58 - Jun 1 by gainsboroughblue

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/tranmere-mark-palio

From what I've read, even with their method we finish 11th.

[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 10:23]

ITFC statement on returning to training on 10:29 - Jun 2 with 1219 viewsbournemouthblue

ITFC statement on returning to training on 18:11 - Jun 1 by Chrisd

They are certainly trying hard to escape from the use of PPG and certain relegation. I just find some of their suggestions rather random though and difficult to comprehend. If the majority of clubs don’t want to finish the season due to the financial implications, then PPG it is and 11th for us!

On the subject of points per games

I can't imagine Town are in support of it, given they still have Bolton, Southend, Rochdale and MK Dons to come although Bristol Gas, Donny, Pompey and Shrewsbury would have been far less straightforward
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 17:53]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

ITFC statement on returning to training on 12:18 - Jun 2 with 1156 viewsChrisd

ITFC statement on returning to training on 10:29 - Jun 2 by bournemouthblue

I can't imagine Town are in support of it, given they still have Bolton, Southend, Rochdale and MK Dons to come although Bristol Gas, Donny, Pompey and Shrewsbury would have been far less straightforward

Doesn't really matter to us Bournemouthblue, from what I understand, although happy to be corrected, either method will leave us finishing 11th.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 12:22]

ITFC statement on returning to training on 12:44 - Jun 2 with 1116 viewsMullet

ITFC statement on returning to training on 10:29 - Jun 2 by bournemouthblue

There is a much better PR angle for Lambert and Evans by playing those games, in their minds it is a chance to finish higher by virtue of a run and try and generate this idea of us being on the up.

We may well win most games, finish a bit higher and they can market it as a revival.

The fact is we've just passed the 2 year anniversary of Hurst joining. It's been 2 years of terminal decline and the club being trashed in so many areas - what little rebuilding that has been done is massively overshadowed by the (lack of decent) football unfortunately.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

ITFC statement on returning to training on 13:55 - Jun 2 with 1069 viewspatrickswell

ITFC statement on returning to training on 12:44 - Jun 2 by Mullet

There is a much better PR angle for Lambert and Evans by playing those games, in their minds it is a chance to finish higher by virtue of a run and try and generate this idea of us being on the up.

We may well win most games, finish a bit higher and they can market it as a revival.

The fact is we've just passed the 2 year anniversary of Hurst joining. It's been 2 years of terminal decline and the club being trashed in so many areas - what little rebuilding that has been done is massively overshadowed by the (lack of decent) football unfortunately.

Given that the stadium would be empty, it’s possible that the poor loves who’ve been struggling to deal with the expectations of our rapacious fanbase might well play with the freedom that they weren’t able to from October onwards.

But it’s equally possible that they’re so far gone in terms of motivation that Southend and Bolton could come down to PR and take something from the matches.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024