Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the League isn't going to play... 20:21 - Jun 9 with 1805 viewsjudespiveyg

We shouldn't have promotion and relegation. Coventry and Rotherham weren't anywhere close to being guarenteed promotion so they wouldn't get screwed like Tranmere and Posh do with the chosen resolution. The Prem and Championship are playing so should have the promotion/relegation between them but you can't argue it's particularly fair for clubs to get relegated with unplayed fixtures, like Tranmere.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

If the League isn't going to play... on 20:23 - Jun 9 with 1794 viewspointofblue

Would you relegate three clubs from the Championship as they would have played out the season, even though there wouldn’t be any clubs coming up from League One?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If the League isn't going to play... on 20:24 - Jun 9 with 1785 viewsjudespiveyg

If the League isn't going to play... on 20:23 - Jun 9 by pointofblue

Would you relegate three clubs from the Championship as they would have played out the season, even though there wouldn’t be any clubs coming up from League One?

No not if League One isn't playing.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

If the League isn't going to play... on 20:30 - Jun 9 with 1742 viewsShawsey

It had to be decided somehow, so guess this is what we have. Not possible to finish the season on the pitch, so there you go. There were always going to be winners and losers in this.
If the League isn't going to play... on 20:38 - Jun 9 with 1701 viewspointofblue

If the League isn't going to play... on 20:30 - Jun 9 by Shawsey

It had to be decided somehow, so guess this is what we have. Not possible to finish the season on the pitch, so there you go. There were always going to be winners and losers in this.

I suppose the only other option would be to void the season - but there would be winners and losers there too. Just different ones.

If the League isn't going to play... on 21:24 - Jun 9 with 1604 viewsdickie

If the League isn't going to play... on 20:38 - Jun 9 by pointofblue

I suppose the only other option would be to void the season - but there would be winners and losers there too. Just different ones.

Or postpone 20/21 until these matches could be played
If the League isn't going to play... on 21:27 - Jun 9 with 1601 viewsTrequartista

If the League isn't going to play... on 20:30 - Jun 9 by Shawsey

Why does it have to be decided- Why can't we start with the same teams next season? No-one has done enough to be promoted or relegated.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

If the League isn't going to play... on 21:34 - Jun 9 with 1579 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If the League isn't going to play... on 21:27 - Jun 9 by Trequartista

Why does it have to be decided- Why can't we start with the same teams next season? No-one has done enough to be promoted or relegated.

There’s winners and losers either way though. Coventry are 8 points clear of 3rd - they’d be getting fairly shafted if the season was declared void. Meanwhile Bolton and Southend would be benefitting massively as they are pretty much down

Whilst not ideal I think 3/4+ of the season played is enough to be declaring the standings final given the unforeseen circumstances - but appreciate it could be looked at either way

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

If the League isn't going to play... on 21:56 - Jun 9 with 1532 viewsOldsmoker

I know we don't like it but this was decided by a majority of League 1 clubs.
The majority chose our destiny and we have to accept it.
We would have every right to moan if it was forced upon us by the EFL alone but it wasn't.
More than likely we weren't part of that majority but hey ho.
Peterboro and Sunderland have more reason to be p*ssed off than us.
We have to accept that the footballing gods are no longer on our side.
What angered the gods?
I don't know because there are so many instances to choose from.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

If the League isn't going to play... on 22:00 - Jun 9 with 1516 viewsHerbivore

Personally I've always felt that the season is ended it should be voided. Whatever happens will be unfair to some though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If the League isn't going to play... on 22:04 - Jun 9 with 1504 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is fairer that those clubs go up than any clubs that have not got 3/4 of the way to getting there.

Maybe a fairer system would have seen an extended play off between the top 6-8 sides with a weighting in favour of the higher sides but I am not jealous of them. The sides coming down will be about the same challenge as the ones that have gone up. We really should worry about getting our own side sorted rather than be jealous of those that the finish fell favourably for.

EDIT: You could argue the club it was least fair on was Bolton as they had less time to make up the penalty. I am not sure if there was any adjustment to the way the penalty was administered. However, I don't think there was any realistic chance of them staying up was there?
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 22:14]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If the League isn't going to play... on 22:13 - Jun 9 with 1457 viewspointofblue

If the League isn't going to play... on 21:24 - Jun 9 by dickie

Or postpone 20/21 until these matches could be played

That’s what I would have preferred but would have relied on FIFA and UEFA taking the decision.

If the League isn't going to play... on 05:31 - Jun 10 with 1302 viewsdickie

If the League isn't going to play... on 22:13 - Jun 9 by pointofblue

That’s what I would have preferred but would have relied on FIFA and UEFA taking the decision.

To me it seemed the only logical solution but I guess there's too much money involved
If the League isn't going to play... on 07:39 - Jun 10 with 1174 viewsVaughan8

I agree with OP. How can you say the season is now 35 games.

Tranmere had a game in hand and were 3 points behind (albeit a worse goal diff) so seems very harsh.

I would have preferred some sort of weighting/handicap into next season and no promotion and relegation but what can you do.

The problem is contracts are running out at the end if this month. It's probably a legal minefield.

The EFL have been an absolute shambles through all this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024