Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quote from my Pompey mate 10:05 - Aug 14 with 3207 viewsBluefish

"Nothing to get majorly excited about, might score a few but not prolific. He's good in the air but he is anout 7 foot tall! He also played a bit at centre back for us and did ok"

Not too much to be concerned about there really, presumably he is as backup and to finally give us a target man

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:06 - Aug 14 with 3176 viewsHerbivore

He's my new favourite player based on that feedback.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:08 - Aug 14 with 3150 viewsLibero

He's an alternative option up front that offers something that none of the other forwards can, I really can't understand people getting in a flap about his signing.

I'd say he's a good choice considering our budget, the fact he's on a free and that if he does well here he's still just about young enough to have a potential re-sale value.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 10:09]
Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:13 - Aug 14 with 3099 viewsStokieBlue

If he can hold up the ball and bring in Lankester/Dobra/Jackson bombing past on the wings then they might be excellent.

Realistically though we all just have to wait and see how we set up, who is playing and take it from there.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:18 - Aug 14 with 3064 viewsBluefish

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:06 - Aug 14 by Herbivore

He's my new favourite player based on that feedback.

I replied with "sounds OK we just need a physical striker as a backup and a plan B"

He replied

"He is quite imposing because of his size which fitted our long ball style that everyone likes to watch "

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:21 - Aug 14 with 3045 viewshype313

Bearing in mind our most recent success on the pitch was utilising a target man, I'd say this is a shrewd bit of business.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:26 - Aug 14 with 3011 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He’ll be a really good acquisition, different, a completely different alternative. Stated last night 10 of his goals were headers, 13 inside the 6 yard box, will need good service.

I really don’t see the negativity on this one.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:30 - Aug 14 with 2976 viewsclive_baker

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:08 - Aug 14 by Libero

He's an alternative option up front that offers something that none of the other forwards can, I really can't understand people getting in a flap about his signing.

I'd say he's a good choice considering our budget, the fact he's on a free and that if he does well here he's still just about young enough to have a potential re-sale value.

It's mad isn't it. People absolutely p1ssing their pants that our 4th choice forward isn't Naymar. We had 3 problem areas, namely a back up senior keeper who could potentially challenge Holy, an experienced left back who can actually play football, defend, and bring a bit of leadership to proceedings and a forward with some physical presence, who also hopefully can add some character. We've ticked all 3 pretty early on and I'm intrigued to see what they can do.

People losing their sh1t over Ward being 34 ffs. We don't need 10 years out of the bloke, if we get a good 9 months he's served his purpose and the likes of him, Wilson, Skuse et al will move on and we can strengthen. I think people forget we have a lot of good talent already here, we just need the right heads around them.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:32 - Aug 14 with 2948 viewsLibero

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:30 - Aug 14 by clive_baker

It's mad isn't it. People absolutely p1ssing their pants that our 4th choice forward isn't Naymar. We had 3 problem areas, namely a back up senior keeper who could potentially challenge Holy, an experienced left back who can actually play football, defend, and bring a bit of leadership to proceedings and a forward with some physical presence, who also hopefully can add some character. We've ticked all 3 pretty early on and I'm intrigued to see what they can do.

People losing their sh1t over Ward being 34 ffs. We don't need 10 years out of the bloke, if we get a good 9 months he's served his purpose and the likes of him, Wilson, Skuse et al will move on and we can strengthen. I think people forget we have a lot of good talent already here, we just need the right heads around them.

I concur.

I still think Lambert's on borrowed time, but you cannot criticise the recruitment in the last couple of weeks my opinion.

Just need to grab Tommy Smith now and I'd say we've addressed the areas that were in desperate need of addressing.
Login to get fewer ads

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:39 - Aug 14 with 2918 viewsclive_baker

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:32 - Aug 14 by Libero

I concur.

I still think Lambert's on borrowed time, but you cannot criticise the recruitment in the last couple of weeks my opinion.

Just need to grab Tommy Smith now and I'd say we've addressed the areas that were in desperate need of addressing.

In: Smith, Burley, Holland

Out: Nsiala, Lambert, Taylor

#announce100points

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:56 - Aug 14 with 2826 viewslongtimefan

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:32 - Aug 14 by Libero

I concur.

With the salary cap I can't see how we can add anyone further until we can persuade another team to take one or more of our players off our books.
Quote from my Pompey mate on 11:55 - Aug 14 with 2632 viewspointofblue

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:56 - Aug 14 by longtimefan

With the salary cap I can't see how we can add anyone further until we can persuade another team to take one or more of our players off our books.

Not just the salary cap but the squad number as well, Phil pointed out last night that we’ll be over the Over 21s limit of these three sign. I presume Donacien will be moved on along with Nsiala.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Quote from my Pompey mate on 12:18 - Aug 14 with 2547 viewsthebooks

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:18 - Aug 14 by Bluefish

I replied with "sounds OK we just need a physical striker as a backup and a plan B"

He replied

"He is quite imposing because of his size which fitted our long ball style that everyone likes to watch "

Bodes well for the new Holy to the opposition centre back style Lambo was trialling when we played Fleetwood.
Quote from my Pompey mate on 13:29 - Aug 14 with 2360 viewsradiogaga

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:08 - Aug 14 by Libero

Exactly.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Quote from my Pompey mate on 13:36 - Aug 14 with 2339 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Quote from my Pompey mate on 13:36 - Aug 14 with 2335 viewsBryanPlug

Quote from my Pompey mate on 12:18 - Aug 14 by thebooks

Bodes well for the new Holy to the opposition centre back style Lambo was trialling when we played Fleetwood.

Quote from my Pompey mate on 13:39 - Aug 14 with 2324 viewsBryanPlug

Quote from my Pompey mate on 10:39 - Aug 14 by clive_baker

In: Smith, Burley, Holland

Out: Nsiala, Lambert, Taylor

#announce100points

Quote from my Pompey mate on 13:42 - Aug 14 with 2313 viewsSouperJim

Yes, but is he better than 17-18 Kieffer Moore?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024