Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ward 14:10 - Aug 13 with 2921 viewsWestover

Has been offered a contract after impressing PL
Ward on 14:15 - Aug 13 with 2461 viewsLibero

Grant Ward?
Ward on 14:16 - Aug 13 with 2451 viewsclive_baker

Exactly the sort of addition I've been wanting. Actual, reliable, recognised left back who can play football. Experienced, hopefully bring that bit of leadership that we've been lacking too. A back 4 of Ward - Woolfenden - Chambers - KVY has a nice balance to it. First time in a long while we'll have had a pair of full backs that can play football and I trust.

Proper Mick McCarthy signing this would be.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ward on 14:16 - Aug 13 with 2443 viewsKeno

Ward on 14:15 - Aug 13 by Libero

Grant Ward?

Deben Ward?

hoping to improve the delivery

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ward on 14:17 - Aug 13 with 2433 viewsLibero

Ward on 14:16 - Aug 13 by clive_baker

Exactly the sort of addition I've been wanting. Actual, reliable, recognised left back who can play football. Experienced, hopefully bring that bit of leadership that we've been lacking too. A back 4 of Ward - Woolfenden - Chambers - KVY has a nice balance to it. First time in a long while we'll have had a pair of full backs that can play football and I trust.

Oh, I forgot about the trialist.

Yeah, decent experience and pedigree. Good stop gap.
Ward on 14:20 - Aug 13 with 2416 viewsWestover

Grant Ward?

I didn't know that more than one Ward was training with Town.
Ward on 14:20 - Aug 13 with 2409 viewsRobTheMonk

A year with the option for a second would be alright.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2020 14:20]
Ward on 14:22 - Aug 13 with 2388 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I think he could be a good addition for 1 year, would like to see one of Bailey Clements or Tommy Smith go out on loan now as they will probably be longer term solutions.

I agree a back four of Ward - Woolfenden - Chambers - KVY seems good enough on paper.

I also agree for the first time in a little while we have good balance in the full back areas.

I worry about the cover though - Donacien/ Kenlock/ Nsiala/ Wilson

Shows once again the avoidance of injuries will be crucial this year.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Ward on 14:22 - Aug 13 with 2388 viewsLibero

Ward on 14:20 - Aug 13 by Westover

I didn't know that more than one Ward was training with Town.

See the post above, I'd forgotten about the trialist.
Login to get fewer ads

Ward on 14:23 - Aug 13 with 2381 viewsSitfcB

Grant Ward?

Elliott Ward?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ward on 14:23 - Aug 13 with 2380 viewsclive_baker

Ward on 14:22 - Aug 13 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think he could be a good addition for 1 year, would like to see one of Bailey Clements or Tommy Smith go out on loan now as they will probably be longer term solutions.

I agree a back four of Ward - Woolfenden - Chambers - KVY seems good enough on paper.

I also agree for the first time in a little while we have good balance in the full back areas.

I worry about the cover though - Donacien/ Kenlock/ Nsiala/ Wilson

Shows once again the avoidance of injuries will be crucial this year.

Yes, 75% of that 2nd back 4 you've listed there is utter dog sh1t.

Ward on 14:24 - Aug 13 with 2365 viewsLibero

Ward on 14:23 - Aug 13 by SitfcB

Elliott Ward?

Ashley Ward?
Ward on 14:25 - Aug 13 with 2359 viewsBLUEBEAT

Our most regular Ward is Casualty Ward.

Poll: W or W

Ward on 14:36 - Aug 13 with 2302 viewsHerbivore

It's either a Mick signing or a Jewell signing. Time will tell which.

He's got good experience and it's a position where we need someone. He'd be a good player for Kenlock and the youngsters to learn from. He didn't play much last season and at 34 this is probably going to be his last gig. It could be a good signing for us, fingers crossed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ward on 14:40 - Aug 13 with 2278 viewsParky

Ward on 14:24 - Aug 13 by Libero

Ashley Ward?

Shayne Ward?
Ward on 14:45 - Aug 13 with 2226 viewsSitfcB

Ward on 14:40 - Aug 13 by Parky

Shayne Ward?

Danny Ward?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ward on 14:49 - Aug 13 with 2175 viewsBeckets

Ward on 14:45 - Aug 13 by SitfcB

Danny Ward?

Anita Ward more likely
Ward on 14:49 - Aug 13 with 2171 viewsCokeIsKey

The Covid ward?

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Ward on 15:55 - Aug 13 with 2076 viewsSWGF

Ward on 14:49 - Aug 13 by Beckets

Anita Ward more likely

Can't say I know her, but her name rings a bell

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Ward on 16:27 - Aug 13 with 1970 viewsBlueBadger

Ward on 14:36 - Aug 13 by Herbivore

It's either a Mick signing or a Jewell signing. Time will tell which.

He's got good experience and it's a position where we need someone. He'd be a good player for Kenlock and the youngsters to learn from. He didn't play much last season and at 34 this is probably going to be his last gig. It could be a good signing for us, fingers crossed.

We knew it would be Ward by BlueBadger 13 Aug 2020 15:06
All signings are ultimately a risk, but a player in the twilight of his career coming off an injury-riddled season seems more of one than a younger one. Particularly given that he'll occupy a large chunk of the reduced wage budget.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ward on 16:31 - Aug 13 with 1954 viewsBlueBadger

Ward on 14:23 - Aug 13 by clive_baker

Yes, 75% of that 2nd back 4 you've listed there is utter dog sh1t.

I'm intrigued as to which one you think ISN'T dogs*t now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Ward on 16:35 - Aug 13 with 1934 viewsHerbivore

Ward on 16:31 - Aug 13 by BlueBadger

I was wondering that as well.

Ward on 16:50 - Aug 13 with 1893 viewsclive_baker

Ward on 16:31 - Aug 13 by BlueBadger

Wilson, Nsiala and Donacien are properly, properly dog sh1t IMO. I'm still a shocked we extended Wilson's contract. Rarely have I seen a footballer with less ability in a Town shirt than him. He's kind of your old fashioned, get your head under it, no nonsense 'stopper', but he's absolutely pony with the ball at his feet, and it's not conducive to a shorter brand of football that builds from the back.

Kenlock has proved hit and miss in the past. He's got an unnatural style and runs like a Chicken, but he's surprisingly effective at times. I'm not completely sold on him but I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, as a back up left back.

Ward on 16:54 - Aug 13 with 1878 viewsHerbivore

Ward on 16:50 - Aug 13 by clive_baker

Wilson, Nsiala and Donacien are properly, properly dog sh1t IMO. I'm still a shocked we extended Wilson's contract. Rarely have I seen a footballer with less ability in a Town shirt than him. He's kind of your old fashioned, get your head under it, no nonsense 'stopper', but he's absolutely pony with the ball at his feet, and it's not conducive to a shorter brand of football that builds from the back.

Kenlock has proved hit and miss in the past. He's got an unnatural style and runs like a Chicken, but he's surprisingly effective at times. I'm not completely sold on him but I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, as a back up left back.

I'd rate Kenlock as similar ability to the rest to be honest. All can do a job in League 1 but none should be regulars for a side looking to get out of this division.

Ward on 16:58 - Aug 13 with 1856 viewsBlueBadger

Ward on 16:54 - Aug 13 by Herbivore

I'd rate Kenlock as similar ability to the rest to be honest. All can do a job in League 1 but none should be regulars for a side looking to get out of this division.

In all fairness, given our form over 2/3 of last season, I'm confident Lambert can get us out the division with that side..

Ward on 17:28 - Aug 13 with 1740 viewsSuperblue95

Ward on 16:50 - Aug 13 by clive_baker

I’d say Kenlock is the worst of the 4.

He’s the sort of player that gives me hope I could still play professional football one day, despite being in my mid 20s, having two left feet and being about as fit as your average granny.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024