Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him 14:34 - Aug 26 with 6461 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sweet Jesus. Why is this absolute gammon still getting jobs on TV and why is that useless waste of spunk Nigel Farage still on TV.

THE S WORD

[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 14:34]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 14:35 - Aug 26 with 3190 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You love being trolled.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 14:36 - Aug 26 with 3179 viewsFenboyBlue

Now that's what I call a Situation!
Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 14:37 - Aug 26 with 3170 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 14:35 - Aug 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

You love being trolled.

I don’t get you ?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 14:40 - Aug 26 with 3137 viewsSpruceMoose

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 14:35 - Aug 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

You love being trolled.

Imagine this being your response.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 14:41 - Aug 26 with 3132 viewsSpruceMoose

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 14:37 - Aug 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

I don’t get you ?

I'd be proud of that if I were you!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 14:41 - Aug 26 with 3136 viewsBrixtonBlue

Depends on the context, surely? There's nothing inherently racist about the word "slave." We'd need to see more than this clip to see if Holmes was out of order.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 14:44 - Aug 26 with 3111 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 14:41 - Aug 26 by BrixtonBlue

Depends on the context, surely? There's nothing inherently racist about the word "slave." We'd need to see more than this clip to see if Holmes was out of order.

It is a painful watch mate. Farage and Holmes berating this man for 13 mins straight about why slavery is still a sore subject. It did however include Holmes getting his own national anthems context wrong and berating the poor guy for essentially not knowing it

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 14:58 - Aug 26 with 3041 viewsfactual_blue

You'd think as an Irish Catholic eamonn would be more sympathetic to those oppressed and bullied for centuries.

There's every chance that his Catholic ancestors in Ireland include some sent to the American colonies in 'indentured servitude' (or 'slavery')

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:06 - Aug 26 with 3035 viewsGaryCooper

I have listened to it, it is about context, Femi Oluwole loses all credibility when he attempts to criticise the BBC and one of the reporters for using the N word, the N word was, in that interview, a direct quote.
Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:08 - Aug 26 with 3021 viewsHerbivore

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:06 - Aug 26 by GaryCooper

I have listened to it, it is about context, Femi Oluwole loses all credibility when he attempts to criticise the BBC and one of the reporters for using the N word, the N word was, in that interview, a direct quote.

The BBC has subsequently apologised for using the N word so evidently they also felt they were worthy of criticism. Not sure that does anything to damage his credibility. Not sure why you would be keen to discredit him either when Holmes is the one being a massive dick here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:14 - Aug 26 with 3004 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:06 - Aug 26 by GaryCooper

White people should not use that word and it is a big debate in the black community whether or not black people should continue using that word.

The BBC were wrong to use it.

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:24 - Aug 26 with 2963 viewsGaryCooper

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:14 - Aug 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

White people should not use that word and it is a big debate in the black community whether or not black people should continue using that word.

The BBC were wrong to use it.

It was a direct quote from a man who was the victim of a racist attack, cancel culture at it's worst.
Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:26 - Aug 26 with 2952 viewsKeno

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 14:58 - Aug 26 by factual_blue

You'd think as an Irish Catholic eamonn would be more sympathetic to those oppressed and bullied for centuries.

There's every chance that his Catholic ancestors in Ireland include some sent to the American colonies in 'indentured servitude' (or 'slavery')

to be fair most Irish people have lived for 100's of years under the cruel occupation of an unwanted oppressor

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:27 - Aug 26 with 2946 viewsBlueBadger

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:24 - Aug 26 by GaryCooper

It was a direct quote from a man who was the victim of a racist attack, cancel culture at it's worst.

The BBC(and other media) quite happily manage not to say all manner of offensive terms when they quote people being c0cks, they can manage this one.

Why re you so upset about this?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:28 - Aug 26 with 2923 viewsGaryCooper

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:27 - Aug 26 by BlueBadger

The BBC(and other media) quite happily manage not to say all manner of offensive terms when they quote people being c0cks, they can manage this one.

Why re you so upset about this?

I'M not upset dear boy, not a jot.
Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:30 - Aug 26 with 2922 viewsHerbivore

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:24 - Aug 26 by GaryCooper

Cancel culture? Has this become the new buzzword for expressing unhappiness about people propagating discriminatory attitudes or language? It seems to have done. The BBC has acknowledged it shouldn't have used the word, but evidently you know better.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:30 - Aug 26 with 2908 viewsBlueBadger

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:28 - Aug 26 by GaryCooper

I'M not upset dear boy, not a jot.

Right. Hence the teary use of 'cancel culture' and all the angry ranting over something which really isn't that worth getting upset about. The BBC used an offensive term, they apologised for it, like they do about other offensive terms, I'm struggling to see your issue with it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:31 - Aug 26 with 2901 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

They wouldn't quote the F word at that time of day... so why is that word ok ????

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:31 - Aug 26 with 2906 viewsBlueBadger

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:30 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

Cancel culture? Has this become the new buzzword for expressing unhappiness about people propagating discriminatory attitudes or language? It seems to have done. The BBC has acknowledged it shouldn't have used the word, but evidently you know better.

It's the new 'PC gone mad', 'you can't say anything these days' or 'woke' for dickheads of a certain stripe.

Also known as 'boo hoo, why can't people be openly racist in public anymore'.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 15:43]

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:33 - Aug 26 with 2882 viewsGaryCooper

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:30 - Aug 26 by BlueBadger

Right. Hence the teary use of 'cancel culture' and all the angry ranting over something which really isn't that worth getting upset about. The BBC used an offensive term, they apologised for it, like they do about other offensive terms, I'm struggling to see your issue with it.

Please do not let that blood pressure rise champ.
Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:37 - Aug 26 with 2852 viewsBlueBadger

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:33 - Aug 26 by GaryCooper

Please do not let that blood pressure rise champ.

I'm just curious for knowledge. Why is the 'n word' OK but the 'F' or 'C' ones not? The latter in particular carries a whole ton of baggage..

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:38 - Aug 26 with 2844 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:37 - Aug 26 by BlueBadger

I'm just curious for knowledge. Why is the 'n word' OK but the 'F' or 'C' ones not? The latter in particular carries a whole ton of baggage..

Precisely. It was broadcast at like Midday as well. Bizarre

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:41 - Aug 26 with 2825 viewsGaryCooper

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:38 - Aug 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

Precisely. It was broadcast at like Midday as well. Bizarre

As the next cab on the rank, do you believe that Blazing Saddles should be edited?
Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:42 - Aug 26 with 2819 viewsBlueBadger

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:41 - Aug 26 by GaryCooper

As the next cab on the rank, do you believe that Blazing Saddles should be edited?

Just answer the question and go easy with those matches around that straw man you're trying to build.

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:46 - Aug 26 with 2791 viewsGaryCooper

Eamonn Holmes asking a black man why the word slave offends him on 15:37 - Aug 26 by BlueBadger

You wish to ban a word that was used in a racist attack, it was a quote from the victim repeated by the reporter, it was needed to stress the nasty racist side of the attack.

The F and C words are fully ok if they are required in the context of the discussion, if they make you blush perhaps you should get out a little more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024