Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Sunday? 15:24 - Sep 9 with 3104 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I think it will be:

Holy
Chambers Woolf Nsiala Ward
Bishop Dozzell Nolan
Judge Norwood Sears

50/50 on keeper. Tad harsh on Drinnan and think Lambert will probably go with him but just got a feeling he'll decide Norwood is more experienced and more of a goal threat...

Downes could well obviously come in but I think he'll be on the bench if back. Would be a strong bench.

Cornell
Downes
Ndaba
KVY (Fingers crossed)
Huws
Drinnan/Hawkins
Edwards

Still got Dobra, Lankaster and El Mizouni to break into this but who would you take it.

Heard a couple of people say replace Judge. Arguably been our best player. He has already started much more like it.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Team for Sunday? on 15:27 - Sep 9 with 3086 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'd perhaps start with Drinan and ask him to run himself ragged for 60 mins before replacing with Norwood maybe . Not sure if Norwood would be fit/sharp enough to start

Poll: If it were one or the other

Team for Sunday? on 15:30 - Sep 9 with 3073 viewsIpswichKnight

If Downes is available he comes straight in as last night proved our midfield couldn't tackle it's way out of a wet paper bag it needs his bite. Nolan would drop out of the squad for El-Mizouri for me but doubt that would happen, I'd also drop Edwards for Dobra as well.
Team for Sunday? on 15:35 - Sep 9 with 3051 viewsclive_baker

Holy
Bishop Dozzell Downes
Judge Drinan Sears

Not sure Norwood is fit enough to start but I would expect him to have some involvement off the bench.

Downes should be in if he's still ours.

Not sure the keeper is much of a 50/50. Feels to me Holy has the nod at the moment, and I would say that's fair.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Team for Sunday? on 15:38 - Sep 9 with 3034 viewsMetal_Hacker

Team for Sunday? on 15:35 - Sep 9 by clive_baker

Holy
Bishop Dozzell Downes
Judge Drinan Sears

Not sure Norwood is fit enough to start but I would expect him to have some involvement off the bench.

Downes should be in if he's still ours.

Not sure the keeper is much of a 50/50. Feels to me Holy has the nod at the moment, and I would say that's fair.

Think that's pretty much it IF Downes is playing

Would be my 11 anyway with perhaps Norwood coming on 60+ mins if we need a change

Team for Sunday? on 15:42 - Sep 9 with 3018 viewsclive_baker

Team for Sunday? on 15:38 - Sep 9 by Metal_Hacker

Think that's pretty much it IF Downes is playing

Would be my 11 anyway with perhaps Norwood coming on 60+ mins if we need a change

Longer term I would hope Norwood will start for Drinan, and KVY comes in at RB with Chambers replacing Nsiala centrally. Then that's pretty much our best XI I would say.

Nsiala, Huws, Nolan, Jackson, Edwards being the core subs / occasional rotation.

Team for Sunday? on 15:49 - Sep 9 with 2992 viewsMetal_Hacker

Team for Sunday? on 15:42 - Sep 9 by clive_baker

Longer term I would hope Norwood will start for Drinan, and KVY comes in at RB with Chambers replacing Nsiala centrally. Then that's pretty much our best XI I would say.

Nsiala, Huws, Nolan, Jackson, Edwards being the core subs / occasional rotation.

Absolutely ...but I'm also one of those people hoping Nsiala grows from strength to strength looking forward . I have my doubts BUT what a bonus it would be !!

KVY at RB and if Nsiala proves himself over a course of time , sat next to Woolfy but again like I've said I won't be holding my breath , more of a want/wish

Team for Sunday? on 15:59 - Sep 9 with 2966 viewsclive_baker

Team for Sunday? on 15:49 - Sep 9 by Metal_Hacker

Absolutely ...but I'm also one of those people hoping Nsiala grows from strength to strength looking forward . I have my doubts BUT what a bonus it would be !!

KVY at RB and if Nsiala proves himself over a course of time , sat next to Woolfy but again like I've said I won't be holding my breath , more of a want/wish

I don't disagree, and I wouldn't rule that out either to be fair. He's had a good pre season, and he's got all the physical attributes required. He's shown what he can do at this level with Shrewsbury, and at 27 / 28 if we're talking about succession planning for Chambers, then a Woolfy / Nsiala combo could work. He needs to cut out the silly errors we saw last season. Very much strikes me as a 'confidence' player, where 1 mistake will lead to 2. Whereas if he's playing well I can see him kicking on from there.

Team for Sunday? on 16:04 - Sep 9 with 2946 viewsJammyDodgerrr

If toto is fit, i think it will be the same as the Bristol Rovers game. Drinan has been great and we shouldn't just drop him because Norwood is available. Norwood not fully fit and right now Drinan is doing well and deserves the chance. I think a goal for him would set him off.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Sunday? on 16:12 - Sep 9 with 2914 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Team for Sunday? on 16:04 - Sep 9 by JammyDodgerrr

If toto is fit, i think it will be the same as the Bristol Rovers game. Drinan has been great and we shouldn't just drop him because Norwood is available. Norwood not fully fit and right now Drinan is doing well and deserves the chance. I think a goal for him would set him off.

Agreed on both points.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Team for Sunday? on 16:14 - Sep 9 with 2911 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Team for Sunday? on 15:27 - Sep 9 by Metal_Hacker

I'd perhaps start with Drinan and ask him to run himself ragged for 60 mins before replacing with Norwood maybe . Not sure if Norwood would be fit/sharp enough to start

I think this is more likely to be fair. For exactly the reasons you say.

Team for Sunday? on 16:14 - Sep 9 with 2912 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Holy
Chambers Nsiala Woolf Ward
Bishop Downes Dozzell
Judge Drinan Sears

Drinan did well again last night. He presses really well from the front, unselfish, a bit of a handful for defenders.

I have to say I look Norwood looked either disinterested or unfit for the first 15 minutes when he came on last night. Don’t he did enough to snatch shirt from Drinan.

Doesn’t look match fit/sharp yet

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Team for Sunday? on 16:16 - Sep 9 with 2900 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Team for Sunday? on 16:14 - Sep 9 by TheTrueBlue1878

Holy
Bishop Downes Dozzell
Judge Drinan Sears

Drinan did well again last night. He presses really well from the front, unselfish, a bit of a handful for defenders.

I have to say I look Norwood looked either disinterested or unfit for the first 15 minutes when he came on last night. Don’t he did enough to snatch shirt from Drinan.

Fair enough. I think you are right.

Just had a sneeky suspicion he night throw him in.

Team for Sunday? on 16:37 - Sep 9 with 2849 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Holy
Bishop Downes Dozzell
Judge Drinan Sears

Fair enough. I think you are right.

Just have a sneeky suspicion he might throw him in. I would be tempted. I'm loving Drinnan getting in and doing well. I think he is a long way from being a goalscorer though (hopefully he can add that to his game). Norwood you are right isn't fully fit or sharp so argument to say he won't be a much better threat. I quite want him to put himself about and be nasty.

Garner is a great example. He is the threat.

Team for Sunday? on 20:06 - Sep 9 with 2693 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Team for Sunday? on 20:45 - Sep 9 with 2631 viewsreusersfreekicks

Team for Sunday? on 20:06 - Sep 9 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Really! Hawkins done nothing yet, no Sears who gas scored in pre season and Downes with Skuse! Poor selection
Team for Sunday? on 23:06 - Sep 9 with 2482 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Team for Sunday? on 20:45 - Sep 9 by reusersfreekicks

Really! Hawkins done nothing yet, no Sears who gas scored in pre season and Downes with Skuse! Poor selection

Looks rather like EDIT 9 (not 10) changes with only Woolfenden (and Cornell) keeping their place. It is a Lambert selection from last season that.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 23:07]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Team for Sunday? on 23:10 - Sep 9 with 2476 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Team for Sunday? on 15:42 - Sep 9 by clive_baker

I would add Skuse and Drinan to that rotation/subs list.

There is a degree to which others come in when unavailability or complete loss of form occurs too.

The important thing is having a clear first choice team and a clear style and formation that changes (that are never too widespread) slot easily straight into. Also having a plan B (and even C) for different game situations when needed.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Team for Sunday? on 06:59 - Sep 10 with 2357 viewsOsborneOneNil

Holy
Bishop Downes Dozzell
Judge Drinan Sears

What a midfield three that is. Lovely to see.
Team for Sunday? on 09:10 - Sep 10 with 2229 viewsDevereuxxx

Agree with the majority of the posters above, my team would be:

Holy
Downes Dozzell Bishop
Judge Drinan Sears

The back four is pretty much forced. If we are going to be playing out from the back I don't think we'll see much of Wilson in the first few months. Can't even hoof it forward accurately.

If Downes is ready to play, then he has to come in, as he perfectly compliments Dozzell if he's in the deep-lying playmaker role. With then Bishop driving forward I think that's an exciting midfield three.

Judge hasn't done anything to be dropped yet and his set pieces are valuable, while Sears looks in good fettle. Drinan also deserves a start - I do like the way he competes for the ball and holds it up without constantly fouling the centre back, ala Norwood. Hopefully, he can pose a bit more of a goal threat as that sharpness has perhaps been missing.
Team for Sunday? on 10:33 - Sep 10 with 2172 viewspointofblue

I fear Downes will return in the place of Dozzell, with Nolan keeping his place as he scored on Tuesday. Would prefer Downes for Nolan, with the rest of the line up the same as the one which faced Bristol Rovers.

If Downes is still unavailable then stick with the same XI. The sad thing is KVY seems nowhere near starting a match.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team for Sunday? on 11:27 - Sep 10 with 2108 viewsMaySixth

I would be happy with that starting XI - we should have enough to win

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Team for Sunday? on 13:32 - Sep 10 with 1999 viewsitfc_bucks

Team for Sunday? on 15:59 - Sep 9 by clive_baker

I don't disagree, and I wouldn't rule that out either to be fair. He's had a good pre season, and he's got all the physical attributes required. He's shown what he can do at this level with Shrewsbury, and at 27 / 28 if we're talking about succession planning for Chambers, then a Woolfy / Nsiala combo could work. He needs to cut out the silly errors we saw last season. Very much strikes me as a 'confidence' player, where 1 mistake will lead to 2. Whereas if he's playing well I can see him kicking on from there.

If I remember correctly, Toto had looked pretty good until that ridiculous red card against Wednesday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024