Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? 13:42 - Sep 30 with 1038 viewsChrisd

I appreciate both Foden and Greenwood are very talented footballers, but should Southgate select them both for his next England squad after their behaviour while away last time? Was sending them home early and missing the last international match punishment enough?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 14:00 - Sep 30 with 1001 viewsitfcjoe

No, they need to miss at least one squad as it was a serious offence that jeopardised everything

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 14:05 - Sep 30 with 991 viewsMetal_Hacker

Don't see what making them miss another match would accomplish to be fair

Think there needs to be more of a punishment other than missing a game

They'll miss this one but more than likely be in the next... AND ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 14:09 - Sep 30 with 979 viewsJ2BLUE

Need to miss another squad IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 14:40 - Sep 30 with 934 viewsSaleAway

precedent for this. Jofra Archer in the cricket - broke the covid rules on transition from Southampton to Manchester. Missed out on the one test match, but then back in contention.

They made a mistake - they are young - they've been punished - move on.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 14:44 - Sep 30 with 922 viewsvapour_trail

Yes would have them both back in the squad.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 14:48 - Sep 30 with 915 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No, I'd leave them out of this squad, and bring them back for the next meet up.

Sending them home wasnt really a punishment, I think because they had broken the Covid protocols / laws it was a necessity and punishment wasnt the main driver.

Phils missus will be please that he is staying at home Im sure.

In normal cirumstances bringing two lasses into the hotel wouldnt bring about such punishment, its more the disregard for covid protocols.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 14:48 - Sep 30 with 912 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 14:00 - Sep 30 by itfcjoe

No, they need to miss at least one squad as it was a serious offence that jeopardised everything

This.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 16:18 - Sep 30 with 816 viewsBloomBlue

Not for the match but yes but just for the after match bonding as they obviously have a natural ability to invite 'ladies' to such occasions
Login to get fewer ads

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 16:19 - Sep 30 with 817 viewsChrisd

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 14:48 - Sep 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

No, I'd leave them out of this squad, and bring them back for the next meet up.

Sending them home wasnt really a punishment, I think because they had broken the Covid protocols / laws it was a necessity and punishment wasnt the main driver.

Phils missus will be please that he is staying at home Im sure.

In normal cirumstances bringing two lasses into the hotel wouldnt bring about such punishment, its more the disregard for covid protocols.

Along with breaking COVID regulations, I also feel that their behaviour in bringing back two girls to their room, while on international duty, is just brazen. They aren’t away on a lad’s holiday, they’re representing their country. Whether they are young or not it was inexcusable behaviour. So I’m with you MM in regards to missing out on the next squad selection.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 20:36 - Sep 30 with 703 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 21:13 - Sep 30 with 674 viewsWD19

I would tell Foden I am only going to consider him for selection once he gets a sensible haircut.

....and then still not pick him....
If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 21:18 - Sep 30 with 671 viewsJ2BLUE

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 21:13 - Sep 30 by WD19

I would tell Foden I am only going to consider him for selection once he gets a sensible haircut.

....and then still not pick him....

Same with Grealish.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 22:06 - Sep 30 with 646 viewsBryanPlug

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 21:18 - Sep 30 by J2BLUE

Same with Grealish.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 01:10 - Oct 1 with 600 viewspointofblue

Calvert-Lewin probably deserves a spot in the squad ahead of Greenwood anyway. Foden has started the season well but it’d look wrong to select one but not the other in these circumstances.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 08:51 - Oct 1 with 527 viewsWickets

If you were Southgate would you select Greenwood and Foden for England? on 14:00 - Sep 30 by itfcjoe

Yes i agree some sort of statement has too be made . Football has too show it can act responsibly or the likes of Boris, Gove ect have more excuses to use sport as a stick to wack the country into line !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024