Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine 16:49 - Oct 5 with 2159 viewsBluefish

That we aren't going to get anyway. Why not just tell those not getting a vaccine to carry on with life and give more support to those that will need to wait for it?

https://www.ft.com/content/d2e00128-7889-4d5d-84a3-43e51355a751

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 16:55 - Oct 5 with 1730 viewsBlueBadger

Because people that need to wait will still be potentially endangering those that can't afford to wait.
You don't go and visit your nan if you've got flu even if she's had a flu jab, because you could very well have a different or mutated strain, so the same applies to covid, more so, given that we're still settling on and researching treatments.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 17:08]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 16:55 - Oct 5 with 1704 views26_Paz

I agree with you mate ... expect some incoming flak though!

The Paz Man

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 16:56 - Oct 5 with 1708 viewsBlueBadger

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 16:55 - Oct 5 by 26_Paz

I agree with you mate ... expect some incoming flak though!

Evidence, right here Fishers that you're talking sh1t - Paz agrees with you It's like getting an uppie from DaveU.. This isn't bullying Paz, this is spoken in the full context that you constantly talk a load of utterly ignorant sh1t.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 17:48]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 16:56 - Oct 5 with 1695 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Bumpy winter". Arf, and the rest.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:02 - Oct 5 with 1655 viewsGeoffSentence

I think what you are describing is similar to the approach in Sweden, most people get on with life, but take sensible precautions including distancing, whilst protecting the most vulnerable.

It is an approach that I think strikes a balance between the risks of the disease and the risks posed by measures to fight the disease.

The spanner in the works being long covid, which seems to strike those who are not so vulnerable to dying from it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:05 - Oct 5 with 1637 viewsBlueBadger

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:02 - Oct 5 by GeoffSentence

I think what you are describing is similar to the approach in Sweden, most people get on with life, but take sensible precautions including distancing, whilst protecting the most vulnerable.

It is an approach that I think strikes a balance between the risks of the disease and the risks posed by measures to fight the disease.

The spanner in the works being long covid, which seems to strike those who are not so vulnerable to dying from it.

What they also have in Sweden is a far lower population density, better support for those who are unable to work due to having to isolate, far better support for their public services and a far better collective sense of the common good than we do here.

For all they like to w@nk on about individuals taking responsibility rather than the state, the Tory party and people supporting, voting and working for them are the last people to actually practice what they preach.

See also: Cummings, D.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/26/welcome-to-libertarian-cov
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 17:16]

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:19 - Oct 5 with 1572 viewsBluefish

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 16:55 - Oct 5 by BlueBadger

Because people that need to wait will still be potentially endangering those that can't afford to wait.
You don't go and visit your nan if you've got flu even if she's had a flu jab, because you could very well have a different or mutated strain, so the same applies to covid, more so, given that we're still settling on and researching treatments.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 17:08]

I am suggesting those that have to wait receive increased support, physically and financially. If the rest of the country returns to work we can divert the money saved from the furloughed masses

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:21 - Oct 5 with 1563 viewsBlueBadger

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:19 - Oct 5 by Bluefish

I am suggesting those that have to wait receive increased support, physically and financially. If the rest of the country returns to work we can divert the money saved from the furloughed masses

But then what do you with those who are 'carrying on as normal' and spreading willy-nilly to essential workers, carers, those with vulnerable family?

I mean, I know you're only going down this road for attention, couldn't you have waited until later when it was obvious we're going to sign no-one to plug the gaps in our playing squad rather than run with this?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 17:25]

Login to get fewer ads

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:25 - Oct 5 with 1536 viewsBluefish

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:21 - Oct 5 by BlueBadger

But then what do you with those who are 'carrying on as normal' and spreading willy-nilly to essential workers, carers, those with vulnerable family?

I mean, I know you're only going down this road for attention, couldn't you have waited until later when it was obvious we're going to sign no-one to plug the gaps in our playing squad rather than run with this?

Strict testing programmes for those workers?

I don't know

It was just a suggestion, I haven't made it law or anything

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:26 - Oct 5 with 1525 viewsBlueBadger

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:25 - Oct 5 by Bluefish

I don't know

But testing capacity has been woefully inadequate and remains so. And let's face it, there's no chance it's going to improve going into winter.

And, as I said, it's not just essential workers that letting people 'be normal' affects. It's those with vulnerable family at home and pretty much anyone who comes into contact with said vulnerable people.

We had a window to do all this from May through August and fluffed it.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 17:28]

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:33 - Oct 5 with 1501 viewsOldsmoker

Why go out when you can stay in and witness Paz getting slated for simply posting "Hello".

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:34 - Oct 5 with 1496 viewsElderGrizzly

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:02 - Oct 5 by GeoffSentence

And Sweden have had one of the highest death tolls (by population) and infection rates of Europe.
Way more than their comparable Nordic neighbours too.
The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:35 - Oct 5 with 1485 viewsBlueBadger

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:34 - Oct 5 by ElderGrizzly

And Sweden have had one of the highest death tolls (by population) and infection rates of Europe.
Way more than their comparable Nordic neighbours too.

And took a similar economic hit.

https://www.ft.com/content/93105160-dcb4-4721-9e58-a7b262cd4b6e

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:35 - Oct 5 with 1482 viewsElderGrizzly

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:21 - Oct 5 by BlueBadger

Unless you literally lock up the vulnerable for another 6 months or more to ensure they have no exposure to those 'carrying on as normal', this doesn't work.

Simple as that.
The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:36 - Oct 5 with 1479 viewsBlueBadger

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:33 - Oct 5 by Oldsmoker

Why go out when you can stay in and witness Paz getting slated for simply posting "Hello".

Paz wouldn't say 'hello'. That's what lefties and snowflakes say to each other in the name of 'politeness', the PC scumbags.

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:38 - Oct 5 with 1468 viewsBlueBadger

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:35 - Oct 5 by ElderGrizzly

Unless you literally lock up the vulnerable for another 6 months or more to ensure they have no exposure to those 'carrying on as normal', this doesn't work.

Simple as that.

Quite.

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:39 - Oct 5 with 1468 viewsStokieBlue

Not getting enough bites with your Lambert out stuff?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:42 - Oct 5 with 1453 viewsOldsmoker

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:36 - Oct 5 by BlueBadger

Paz wouldn't say 'hello'. That's what lefties and snowflakes say to each other in the name of 'politeness', the PC scumbags.

Hands up to being a leftie scumbag but calling me PC is an insult too far.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:53 - Oct 5 with 1407 viewstonybied

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:25 - Oct 5 by Bluefish

I don't know

A strict testing regime like the White House?
The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 18:32 - Oct 5 with 1322 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

You have a very weird take on things sometimes. Is your other account Paz 26?
The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 18:36 - Oct 5 with 1303 viewsHerbivore

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:05 - Oct 5 by BlueBadger

What they also have in Sweden is a far lower population density, better support for those who are unable to work due to having to isolate, far better support for their public services and a far better collective sense of the common good than we do here.

For all they like to w@nk on about individuals taking responsibility rather than the state, the Tory party and people supporting, voting and working for them are the last people to actually practice what they preach.

See also: Cummings, D.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/26/welcome-to-libertarian-cov
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 17:16]

Just today Johnson has said that people need to act fearlessly but whilst using common sense. What does that even mean? It's meaningless sloganeering in lieu of actual leadership.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 19:00 - Oct 5 with 1251 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:39 - Oct 5 by StokieBlue

Not getting enough bites with your Lambert out stuff?

SB

I never know if him and Paz are serious, or just on the wind up.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:01 - Oct 5 with 1241 views26_Paz

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 17:33 - Oct 5 by Oldsmoker

I’m sure it would be the wrong kind of hello and somehow be The Most Worstest Comment Ever
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 19:02]

The Paz Man

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 19:07 - Oct 5 with 1224 viewsBlueBadger

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 19:00 - Oct 5 by IpswichBoyBlue

I never know if him and Paz are serious, or just on the wind up.

Paz is so right wing he's actually turned into a cliché right wing thicko parody of himself. Fishers is just desperate for attention, any attention.

[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 19:09]

The whole country is shutting down waiting on a vaccine on 19:07 - Oct 5 with 1212 viewsleitrimblue

I don't know

Lambert out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024