Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert Not Leaving Town 15:36 - Oct 15 with 3604 viewshoppy

Blues manager, EFL League One manager of the month for September, Paul Lambert, will not be leaving Town imminently, TWTD understands.

What's your favourite thing that's not happening at the moment?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 15:37 - Oct 15 with 3575 viewsSpruceMoose

Hampstead posting.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 15:41 - Oct 15 with 3515 viewshype313

In laws coming for Xmas.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 15:43 - Oct 15 with 3508 viewsSuperblue95

Doing work, as I’m on here.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Same as Hype. Result. (n/t) on 15:50 - Oct 15 with 3463 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 16:26 - Oct 15 with 3308 viewsFixed_It

Ipswich Crazy having a sense of humour.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 16:40 - Oct 15 with 3245 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 16:26 - Oct 15 by Fixed_It

Ipswich Crazy having a sense of humour.

Lambert isnt leaving at all!

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 16:45 - Oct 15 with 3211 viewsBluefish

Abuse reported

Sorry Phil x

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 18:52 - Oct 15 with 3039 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Lambert not leaving. We have had a belter of a start, so more than happy for him to be around for the time being.
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 23:16 - Oct 15 with 2756 viewshoppy

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 18:52 - Oct 15 by IpswichBoyBlue

Lambert not leaving. We have had a belter of a start, so more than happy for him to be around for the time being.

That's not good enough for some.

If he's learnt from last season, made changes (in his approach, as well as to the team) and the season continues as it's started, then I'm one who will give him a chance to prove himself rather than start the whole process again with another new manager.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 08:56 - Oct 16 with 2513 viewshype313

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 23:16 - Oct 15 by hoppy

That's not good enough for some.

If he's learnt from last season, made changes (in his approach, as well as to the team) and the season continues as it's started, then I'm one who will give him a chance to prove himself rather than start the whole process again with another new manager.

Stop it, we don't want that kind of common sense approach on this forum thank you very much.

Incidentally, I was a mouth frothing ardent outer 3 months ago, still not sold on him, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and to be honest, given where we are right now if he can continue this form then he has my full support.

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 09:02 - Oct 16 with 2506 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 08:56 - Oct 16 by hype313

Stop it, we don't want that kind of common sense approach on this forum thank you very much.

Incidentally, I was a mouth frothing ardent outer 3 months ago, still not sold on him, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and to be honest, given where we are right now if he can continue this form then he has my full support.

It's incredibly frustrating how badly last season was wasted - we should have been doing this and even if we finished in a similar position with ups and downs think the majority of fans would have been happier to see the progression.

But whilst he's not doing all the things I criticised him for I'll happily stay off his back, don't think he's got much wrong this year (except the full strength team for Arsenal game) and long may it continue in such an important year for the club

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 09:08 - Oct 16 with 2492 viewshype313

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 09:02 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

It's incredibly frustrating how badly last season was wasted - we should have been doing this and even if we finished in a similar position with ups and downs think the majority of fans would have been happier to see the progression.

But whilst he's not doing all the things I criticised him for I'll happily stay off his back, don't think he's got much wrong this year (except the full strength team for Arsenal game) and long may it continue in such an important year for the club

Agreed Joe, it certainly looks like he has done some soul searching this year, he knows he has a nice safe job if he does well, he has the squad to easily get out of this league, but he doesn't have much margin for error or credit in the bank if things take a nasty turn.

Hopefully that won't happen, lightning doesn't strike twice does it...?

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 09:16 - Oct 16 with 2482 viewsBiGDonnie

You'd have to be pretty thick to want the manager to leave whilst sitting top of the league, no?
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 9:17]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 09:17 - Oct 16 with 2476 viewshype313

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 09:16 - Oct 16 by BiGDonnie

You'd have to be pretty thick to want the manager to leave whilst sitting top of the league, no?

You'd think...

If he'd have left when we were top last season.... on 09:21 - Oct 16 with 2459 viewsBloots

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 09:16 - Oct 16 by BiGDonnie

....we'd have got promoted.

He stayed, and we finished mid table.

Just saying.

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 09:34 - Oct 16 with 2438 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Happy to be proven wrong... after a shocking pre season where we looked all over the place i thought we were on real trouble.

Still think its too early to say but thus far Lambo has proved ne wrong, lets hope thats still the case after the next 5 games. I'd love to be eating my words at the end of the season

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

If he'd have left when we were top last season.... on 09:34 - Oct 16 with 2436 viewsBiGDonnie

If he'd have left when we were top last season.... on 09:21 - Oct 16 by Bloots

Just saying.

Potentially yeah, but we all make mistakes. At least he seems man enough to admit to them and change his ways. We've started this season winning with a style of football that everyone can be pleased about.

Soon we'll have Dozzer, Bish & Downes bossing centre midfield, a prospect I'd only ever dreamed about or played on football manager. Absolutely nothing to moan about IMO.

He's here for the long term I reckon, hounding him out Big Mick style won't do anything for us so I reckon we should all turn our focus to big fishers and get rid of him?

COYBs

If he'd have left when we were top last season.... on 09:35 - Oct 16 with 2434 viewsHalf_Idiot

If he'd have left when we were top last season.... on 09:21 - Oct 16 by Bloots

Just saying.

That's impossible to know though isn't?
Well we definitely finished.... on 09:38 - Oct 16 with 2427 viewsBloots

If he'd have left when we were top last season.... on 09:35 - Oct 16 by Half_Idiot

That's impossible to know though isn't?

....mid table in the 3rd Division, I just checked.

As for getting promoted I personally think we would have.

Opinions, opinions.

Well we definitely finished.... on 09:42 - Oct 16 with 2420 viewsBiGDonnie

Well we definitely finished.... on 09:38 - Oct 16 by Bloots

Opinions, opinions.

He fcuked last season worse than Keane did, agreed. I think we would have been promoted if he went too.

I reckon I'm going soft in my old age, callumgarryskeemer would have been screaming from the rooftops for Lamberts head back in the early 00's.

COYBs

We've done exactly what we should have so far..... on 09:42 - Oct 16 with 2420 viewsBloots

If he'd have left when we were top last season.... on 09:34 - Oct 16 by BiGDonnie

Potentially yeah, but we all make mistakes. At least he seems man enough to admit to them and change his ways. We've started this season winning with a style of football that everyone can be pleased about.

Soon we'll have Dozzer, Bish & Downes bossing centre midfield, a prospect I'd only ever dreamed about or played on football manager. Absolutely nothing to moan about IMO.

He's here for the long term I reckon, hounding him out Big Mick style won't do anything for us so I reckon we should all turn our focus to big fishers and get rid of him?

.....it's all good, no denying that.

I think you'll have to wait a while for that dream midfield personally, and you may never see it depending on how long Downes is out.

He won't be hounded out. He doesn't have the self awareness that Mick had, plus he'd really struggle to get another job if he left here.

Onwards and upwards though, important weeks ahead.

COYFBs

(Fishface is small, definitely not big!)

Well we definitely finished.... on 09:55 - Oct 16 with 2393 viewsHalf_Idiot

Well we definitely finished.... on 09:38 - Oct 16 by Bloots

Opinions, opinions.

I think the morale of the club may have dropped after sacking the manager when top of the league. That could easily do as much damage as Lambert's rotation system.

Anyway, what happened last season happened. There's no point speculating what might have happened had things been different, because they weren't.

That being said, if things aren't looking pretty by mid December he should be shown the door.
Lambert Not Leaving Town on 14:38 - Oct 16 with 2289 viewsMalcolmBlue

Lambert Not Leaving Town on 09:02 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

Lambert was smart not to get us promoted...we would've missed out on our £1,041,666.67 from Premier League clubs if he got us up.

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024