Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley West Brom Box Office 13:24 - Oct 21 with 4503 viewshype313

Had 74 buys, Sky are living in cloud cukoo land if they think that can continue.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 13:25]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Burnely West Brom Box Office on 13:26 - Oct 21 with 4484 viewsitfcjoe

Is that genuine? Because I can't believe it was that low - Colchester get more than that for iFollow games just in their own fans at away games

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Burnley West Brom Box Office on 14:08 - Oct 21 with 4314 viewsAlexGreen

I have to say that sounds crazy low, where did you get that number from? I'm not sure that can be true.

Just scouts from other clubs or journalists / bloggers would be more than that.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Burnley West Brom Box Office on 14:35 - Oct 21 with 4226 viewsHARRY10

Given how easy it is to watch these games via 'other sources', why would someone cough up £15 ?

The mistake Sky has made is in causing fans to be aware, and now consider viewing games that way

And with job losses set to rise many may see a subscription as an expensive and unnecessary cost

(Col Utd fans do not have that option as games are not found 'elsewhere')
Burnley West Brom Box Office on 14:46 - Oct 21 with 4186 viewsjaykay

i will never stick up for sky , but these games would not have been shown anyway. its just a extra service like i follow but about a fiver more.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Can't believe that..... on 15:03 - Oct 21 with 4102 viewsBloots

....the journos alone would have been more than that.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Burnley West Brom Box Office on 18:38 - Oct 21 with 3826 viewsRadlett_blue

Burnley West Brom Box Office on 14:08 - Oct 21 by AlexGreen

I have to say that sounds crazy low, where did you get that number from? I'm not sure that can be true.

Just scouts from other clubs or journalists / bloggers would be more than that.

It seems way too low. Just before ITV Digital pulled the plug on football, a 2nd tier game between Nottingham Forest & Bradford City attracted as few as 1,000 viewers, which drew comment.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Can't believe that..... on 19:05 - Oct 21 with 3739 viewsWeWereZombies

Can't believe that..... on 15:03 - Oct 21 by Bloots

....the journos alone would have been more than that.

Wouldn't journalists get a free pass for games they were entitled to cover?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Burnley West Brom Box Office on 21:24 - Oct 21 with 3578 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Burnley West Brom Box Office on 21:48 - Oct 21 with 3515 viewsBent_double

Maybe there was a boycott, similar to the Newcastle fans

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/19/newcastle-fans-boycott-pay-per-

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Burnley West Brom Box Office on 22:38 - Oct 21 with 3425 viewsRobTheMonk

I also noticed that BT have started putting UFC big draw events on their box office too. I've not going to pay an extra £20 on top of my subscription.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 16:01]
Burnley West Brom Box Office on 23:49 - Oct 21 with 3324 viewsBryanPlug

Burnley West Brom Box Office on 22:38 - Oct 21 by RobTheMonk

I also noticed that BT have started putting UFC big draw events on their box office too. I've not going to pay an extra £20 on top of my subscription.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Burnley West Brom Box Office on 00:21 - Oct 22 with 3292 viewsVeronaBlue

Have they just started this as I’m sure I watching 252 or 253 on normal BT?

Criminal really as I used do the rolling month when a good card was on and wasn’t bad value. £25 for a month of sport and a big card versus £20 for one off PPV. Really disappointing.
Burnley West Brom Box Office on 03:25 - Oct 22 with 3207 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Neither BT or Sky published their PPV buys for the weekend (although probably indicates it was low).

Can’t continue at a figure like that though if true, expenses will exceed revenue there.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Burnley West Brom Box Office on 08:04 - Oct 22 with 3085 viewsRadlett_blue

Try boxing, where for some years almost every fight has been for some near meaningless "title" so that punters will be persuaded to cough up £20.

Burnley West Brom Box Office on 08:52 - Oct 22 with 3010 viewsWickets

I dont know if this is correct or not but i do feel all this pay extra for this and pay extra for that might end up being self defeating . I seem to remember the goverment before lockdown asking the big TV companys to provide extra sport free during the lockdown but that soon stopped . I used to enjoy the top boxing on TV but decided that the extra lump on top of my Sky was too much ands could be put to better use by spoiling my Grandchildren . Each to their own but there are some who simply cannot afford these extra lumps of cash .
Burnley West Brom Box Office on 08:59 - Oct 22 with 2991 viewsRadlett_blue

Burnley West Brom Box Office on 08:52 - Oct 22 by Wickets

I dont know if this is correct or not but i do feel all this pay extra for this and pay extra for that might end up being self defeating . I seem to remember the goverment before lockdown asking the big TV companys to provide extra sport free during the lockdown but that soon stopped . I used to enjoy the top boxing on TV but decided that the extra lump on top of my Sky was too much ands could be put to better use by spoiling my Grandchildren . Each to their own but there are some who simply cannot afford these extra lumps of cash .

Sure. Paying for sport is a luxury that plenty may feel the need to do without. Adding the extra PPV football games felt like gouging, but the TV companies are looking for return & they would argue that no-one has to pay for extra games which wouldn't normally be on TV. I do understand the fury of some who have already paid for a season ticket & are then asked to pay more to watch a game on TV.

Burnley West Brom Box Office on 09:09 - Oct 22 with 2976 viewsKTBlue

Burnley West Brom Box Office on 00:21 - Oct 22 by VeronaBlue

Have they just started this as I’m sure I watching 252 or 253 on normal BT?

Criminal really as I used do the rolling month when a good card was on and wasn’t bad value. £25 for a month of sport and a big card versus £20 for one off PPV. Really disappointing.

I think they have done this for a while for the bigger ones. The last McGregor one was PPV. As the sport gains traction here I reckon more and more will be. All of the UFC... nights are PPV in the States, just the fight nights free to air.
Burnley West Brom Box Office on 12:12 - Oct 22 with 2844 viewsmikeybloo88

You mean the EPL are living in cloud cuckoo land as it is they who decided to charge for these games as far as I understand...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024