Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven 16:40 - Nov 22 with 5893 viewsgtsb1966

but no drinks served after 10pm. I'm assuming this is the government's solution to stop everyone leaving at once. So at 9.55pm.." can I have three pints please".
Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 16:43 - Nov 22 with 2567 viewsfactual_blue

It's their attempt to stop their funders in the brewing industry from moaning.

Nothing to do with ordinary members of the public.

tories don't care about ordjnary members of the public. Never have, never will.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 16:44 - Nov 22 with 2560 viewsStokieBlue

Only where pubs are actually allowed to open though.

I suspect everywhere that was tier 3 might be tier 3 again and perhaps places like London will be bumped to tier 3 as well.

I don't think the government know yet.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 16:54 - Nov 22 with 2510 viewsWD19

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 16:44 - Nov 22 by StokieBlue

Only where pubs are actually allowed to open though.

I suspect everywhere that was tier 3 might be tier 3 again and perhaps places like London will be bumped to tier 3 as well.

I don't think the government know yet.

SB

Most of the London Boroughs are expecting/planning to be Tier 2.

....and complaining that they should be Tier 1.
Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:01 - Nov 22 with 2479 viewsStokieBlue

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 16:54 - Nov 22 by WD19

Most of the London Boroughs are expecting/planning to be Tier 2.

....and complaining that they should be Tier 1.

So essentially they are placing areas back into what they were before - it was tier 2 across London before lockdown.

From a walk today I think a number are already treating it as tier 1 or tier 0.

SB

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:05 - Nov 22 with 2456 viewsjaykay

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 16:43 - Nov 22 by factual_blue

It's their attempt to stop their funders in the brewing industry from moaning.

Nothing to do with ordinary members of the public.

tories don't care about ordjnary members of the public. Never have, never will.

nothing to do with rishi being mates with a big local brewer owner.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:11 - Nov 22 with 2428 viewsAce_High1

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:01 - Nov 22 by StokieBlue

So essentially they are placing areas back into what they were before - it was tier 2 across London before lockdown.

From a walk today I think a number are already treating it as tier 1 or tier 0.

SB

But at Christmas Covid is going for a weeks holiday so anything goes then.

I just hope all these people looking forward to Christmas are not moaning when we are back in restrictions come all of January and February.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 17:13]
Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:11 - Nov 22 with 2415 views26_Paz

Finally some good news!

The Paz Man

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:13 - Nov 22 with 2405 viewsJ2BLUE

People will sit there nursing their last few sips until 11 so it won't make any difference.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:14 - Nov 22 with 2406 viewsStokieBlue

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:11 - Nov 22 by 26_Paz

Finally some good news!

You don't think two vaccines with a 95% efficacy rate and another load of vaccines on the horizon is good news?

Being allowed in the pub and extra hour is pointless news, especially as it provides only a small amount of extra revenue as they have to stop selling at 10pm.

SB
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 17:15]

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:17 - Nov 22 with 2384 viewspistonbroke

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:14 - Nov 22 by StokieBlue

You don't think two vaccines with a 95% efficacy rate and another load of vaccines on the horizon is good news?

Being allowed in the pub and extra hour is pointless news, especially as it provides only a small amount of extra revenue as they have to stop selling at 10pm.

SB

Yeah but if it’s ok for me to mix with about 90 different households at work , which is earning the government money , why should I not be able to mix with a few different households out of work , please answer that one
Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:26 - Nov 22 with 2350 viewsStokieBlue

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:17 - Nov 22 by pistonbroke

Yeah but if it’s ok for me to mix with about 90 different households at work , which is earning the government money , why should I not be able to mix with a few different households out of work , please answer that one

I have no idea what you do so cannot put any context on your question.

SB

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:31 - Nov 22 with 2333 viewsSpruceMoose

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:11 - Nov 22 by 26_Paz

Finally some good news!

I've decided to leave you alone. My attempts to remind you to care about other people have failed and dealing with your extensive levels of cretinry is just exhausting.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:34 - Nov 22 with 2312 views26_Paz

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:14 - Nov 22 by StokieBlue

SB

Of course the vaccines are fantastic news. I was being slightly facetious.

The Paz Man

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:35 - Nov 22 with 2311 views26_Paz

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:31 - Nov 22 by SpruceMoose

I've decided to leave you alone. My attempts to remind you to care about other people have failed and dealing with your extensive levels of cretinry is just exhausting.

Thanks mate. It will do us both good I think.

The Paz Man

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:37 - Nov 22 with 2292 viewsSpruceMoose

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:35 - Nov 22 by 26_Paz

Thanks mate. It will do us both good I think.

I doubt it will do you any good personally. Anyway, adios.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:38 - Nov 22 with 2292 viewspistonbroke

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:26 - Nov 22 by StokieBlue

I have no idea what you do so cannot put any context on your question.

SB

It matters not what I do , it matters that the government think that it is ok for me to mix with 90 odd other households at work who I know nothing about but I can’t mix with my 3 kids who have their own household but I do know plenty about
Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:41 - Nov 22 with 2274 views26_Paz

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:37 - Nov 22 by SpruceMoose

I doubt it will do you any good personally. Anyway, adios.

I wish you well, sir

The Paz Man

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:41 - Nov 22 with 2273 viewsSpruceMoose

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:38 - Nov 22 by pistonbroke

It matters not what I do , it matters that the government think that it is ok for me to mix with 90 odd other households at work who I know nothing about but I can’t mix with my 3 kids who have their own household but I do know plenty about

Are you arguing for tighter lockdown restrictions and more financial government support for businesses and employees to enable operations to halt for a reasonable period of time? If so I agree with you.

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:48 - Nov 22 with 2239 viewsWD19

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:38 - Nov 22 by pistonbroke

Yeah, but you are not ‘mixing’ with them are you? You are operating in a COVID safe environment with social distancing in place and additional hygiene protocols.
Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:50 - Nov 22 with 2233 viewsStokieBlue

Of course it makes a difference. You might be doing something that is vital to peoples lives.

Going to the pub for an extra hour isn't vital to anyone's life.

With regards to household mixing, you might think you know their contacts but the fact that every time it's allowed the R shoots up points the to possibility that nobody really can control their contacts as much as they would like outside of lockdown.

Also, if you are mixing with 90 other households don't you think it's probably a very good idea to not mix with your kids households for their sake?

It's a tough time and the rules aren't perfect but hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

SB

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:52 - Nov 22 with 2220 viewspistonbroke

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:41 - Nov 22 by SpruceMoose

Are you arguing for tighter lockdown restrictions and more financial government support for businesses and employees to enable operations to halt for a reasonable period of time? If so I agree with you.

To be honest mr moose , I honestly believe that an international lockdown should come in , all countries are suffering from Covid , tell people to get enough supplies in for 3 weeks , shut ports and airports shut work places , anyone who is harbouring Covid , within 3 weeks it would come out in them , after 3 weeks anyone coming in to the country has to isolate at their own expense for 14 days
Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:55 - Nov 22 with 2203 viewsSpruceMoose

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:52 - Nov 22 by pistonbroke

To be honest mr moose , I honestly believe that an international lockdown should come in , all countries are suffering from Covid , tell people to get enough supplies in for 3 weeks , shut ports and airports shut work places , anyone who is harbouring Covid , within 3 weeks it would come out in them , after 3 weeks anyone coming in to the country has to isolate at their own expense for 14 days

My lord, imagine the carnage I the supermarkets if people were told to stock up on supplies for three weeks.

People have shown they won't stick to the rules anyway. You'd have to bring in some pretty severe sanctions for anyone breaking the rules for any serious lockdown to work.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 17:56]

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 18:27 - Nov 22 with 2133 viewsGuthrum

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:55 - Nov 22 by SpruceMoose

My lord, imagine the carnage I the supermarkets if people were told to stock up on supplies for three weeks.

People have shown they won't stick to the rules anyway. You'd have to bring in some pretty severe sanctions for anyone breaking the rules for any serious lockdown to work.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 17:56]

If they were going to do that, the army would be delivering groceries to people rather than having to get supplies in beforehand. Also, they might well be patrolling the streets. There are legal provisions for doing that.

But, unsurprisingly, the Government is not keen on taking things that far.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 18:54 - Nov 22 with 2077 viewspistonbroke

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:48 - Nov 22 by WD19

Yeah, but you are not ‘mixing’ with them are you? You are operating in a COVID safe environment with social distancing in place and additional hygiene protocols.

Do you honestly believe that companies are spending thousands to make work places Covid safe environments , I don’t think there is such a thing as a covidsafe environment
Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 18:56 - Nov 22 with 2067 viewspistonbroke

Pubs are going to be allowed to open until eleven on 17:50 - Nov 22 by StokieBlue

Of course it makes a difference. You might be doing something that is vital to peoples lives.

Going to the pub for an extra hour isn't vital to anyone's life.

With regards to household mixing, you might think you know their contacts but the fact that every time it's allowed the R shoots up points the to possibility that nobody really can control their contacts as much as they would like outside of lockdown.

Also, if you are mixing with 90 other households don't you think it's probably a very good idea to not mix with your kids households for their sake?

It's a tough time and the rules aren't perfect but hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

SB

But why does it make a difference , once again if I am allowed to mix with 90 odd households at work to bring in money for the government , then why should I not be allowed to have my 3 kids over from different households
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024