Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watched the first episode of The Bill last night 13:42 - Dec 18 with 2762 viewsIllinoisblue

Ted Roach in trouble for clocking off early to go sunbathe with his young girlfriend. Sgt Bob Cryer busy busy directing operations at Sunhill. Fresh-faced Carver looking about 12. Taffy Edwards getting crushed by rubble while chasing a villain in an old warehouse.

This was pre-Burnside. That annoying ginger in charge of CID, over-acting at every turn.

What a show.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 13:44 - Dec 18 with 2105 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

it was good entertainment. Bet it hasn't aged well though?
Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 13:46 - Dec 18 with 2089 viewsSpruceMoose

Britbox?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 13:48 - Dec 18 with 2081 viewsIllinoisblue

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 13:44 - Dec 18 by SuperKieranMcKenna

it was good entertainment. Bet it hasn't aged well though?

It started in 1984. Some casual racism a la Sweeney.

62 - 78 - 81

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 13:49 - Dec 18 with 2072 viewsIllinoisblue

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 13:46 - Dec 18 by SpruceMoose

Britbox?

Yes indeed! Think they just added Grange Hill too. There goes the weekend.

62 - 78 - 81

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 13:49 - Dec 18 with 2063 viewsSpruceMoose

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 13:49 - Dec 18 by Illinoisblue

Ha! I'll have to check that out.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 13:51 - Dec 18 with 2051 viewsKeno

Oh man!!

where was the spoiler alert!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 14:05 - Dec 18 with 2026 viewsIllinoisblue

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 13:51 - Dec 18 by Keno

Oh man!!

where was the spoiler alert!!

Ha! I think it’ll be a few seasons before they get to solving problems on the Jasmine Allen estate. Burnside in his prime.

62 - 78 - 81

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 14:08 - Dec 18 with 2014 viewsAce_High1

Classic!

Has Jim hit the bottle yet?

When did Reg start?

What about Don Beech and John Bolton!?
Login to get fewer ads

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 14:14 - Dec 18 with 2000 viewsRobTheMonk

Reg was a legend.

I also remember being mildly traumatised when these two policemen went chasing a group of youths. They got seperated and one of them got circled and beaten badly (and I think one of the youths stabbed him). The other officer couldn't get to him in time. It felt very real and visceral to my child brain.

And I also being like, what the hell, when the fat guy knocked an officer out with a shovel, tied him up and then raped him.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 14:14]
Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 14:16 - Dec 18 with 1976 viewsIllinoisblue

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 14:08 - Dec 18 by Ace_High1

Classic!

Has Jim hit the bottle yet?

When did Reg start?

What about Don Beech and John Bolton!?

Reg was there very briefly. Doing surveillance on some villains. Only had a couple of lines. One of which was about a bird having big knockers.

62 - 78 - 81

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 14:17 - Dec 18 with 1971 viewsIllinoisblue

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 14:14 - Dec 18 by RobTheMonk

Reg was a legend.

I also remember being mildly traumatised when these two policemen went chasing a group of youths. They got seperated and one of them got circled and beaten badly (and I think one of the youths stabbed him). The other officer couldn't get to him in time. It felt very real and visceral to my child brain.

And I also being like, what the hell, when the fat guy knocked an officer out with a shovel, tied him up and then raped him.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 14:14]

Crikey don’t recall the shovel incident. Pretty hardcore for what was prime time viewing.

62 - 78 - 81

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 14:40 - Dec 18 with 1924 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’ve been watching it for years on Dave. Was gutted at the time when ITV dropped it.,

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 14:47 - Dec 18 with 1903 viewsRobTheMonk

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 14:17 - Dec 18 by Illinoisblue

Crikey don’t recall the shovel incident. Pretty hardcore for what was prime time viewing.

Yeah, just looked it up on The Bill wiki. Definitely happened!
Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 14:49 - Dec 18 with 1898 viewsfactual_blue

Blimey. It takes a long time for shows to arrive in the US.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 14:55 - Dec 18 with 1890 viewsfactual_blue

Taffy Edwards went on to run the Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds for several years.

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 14:58 - Dec 18 with 1886 viewsBlueastheycome

The actor who played Roach had been living in the Lowestoft area for lots of years until he sadly passed away. I used to see him sat outside his house having a nap just off the high street
Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 15:01 - Dec 18 with 1878 viewshomer_123

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 14:49 - Dec 18 by factual_blue

Blimey. It takes a long time for shows to arrive in the US.

Even then, still, culturally be ahead of the US.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 15:05 - Dec 18 with 1867 viewsbluewein

Out of curiosity, just found it on UKTV Play.

Carver as you say looks about 12, but he didn't half age quickly over the years.

Bob being told the nose job went well had me laughing a lot harder than it should have.

Knowing it's available for free may have just created a bit of a monster with regards to my future viewing habits...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 15:06 - Dec 18 with 1863 viewsfactual_blue

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 13:49 - Dec 18 by Illinoisblue

...And Blake's Seven. Although I have to say I've rewatched one and a bit series of that, and I found it very disappointing.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 15:06]

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 15:06 - Dec 18 with 1853 viewsSpruceMoose

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 15:01 - Dec 18 by homer_123

Even then, still, culturally be ahead of the US.

Ahem. Exhibit one - Mrs Brown's Boys.

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 15:07 - Dec 18 with 1854 viewsfactual_blue

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 15:06 - Dec 18 by SpruceMoose

balls

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 15:08 - Dec 18 with 1851 viewsfactual_blue

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 14:05 - Dec 18 by Illinoisblue

Ha! I think it’ll be a few seasons before they get to solving problems on the Jasmine Allen estate. Burnside in his prime.

Who was Jasmine Allen anyway?

Presumably a name that occurs nowhere in the country as the name of a council estate.

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 15:11 - Dec 18 with 1847 viewsfooters

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 15:06 - Dec 18 by SpruceMoose

Irish show. We'll get rid of it after Brexit.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 15:23 - Dec 18 with 1815 viewsBLUEBEAT

There’s a big Naaaridge connection to The Bill.

I think the original writers were from there or studied there?

Loads of character and place names based on the city areas, landmarks etc.

Poll: W or W

Watched the first episode of The Bill last night on 15:26 - Dec 18 with 1810 viewsgainsboroughblue

DI Roy Galloway?

Kept calling everyone 'Son' from memory. Disappeared without explanation late-ish 80s and replaced by Burnside.

I used to enjoy it back then until it was turned into more of a soap style programme.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024