Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... 10:08 - Feb 3 with 2058 viewsclive_baker

Or will we sh1t house an unconvincing win and give him a stay of execution for a couple more weeks?

Or C) Other.

I feel like a defeat would send Lambert on his way.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:09 - Feb 3 with 2049 viewsStokieBlue

Let's not give anyone hope, not sure as a collective that we can take it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:12 - Feb 3 with 2033 viewshype313

I thought that he was done after Swindon, then Sunderland, then Crewe...

I'd like to think that bar a positive result on Saturday he will be gone, but can't see it, also if we don't win Saturday it will be a real struggle for any new guy to come in and give us a chance.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:22 - Feb 3 with 1982 viewsclive_baker

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:12 - Feb 3 by hype313

I thought that he was done after Swindon, then Sunderland, then Crewe...

I'd like to think that bar a positive result on Saturday he will be gone, but can't see it, also if we don't win Saturday it will be a real struggle for any new guy to come in and give us a chance.

I would've sacked him months ago. This time last year he should've gone, if not before. As you say that's the problem now, the longer it's left now the harder the job for the replacement to salvage our season.

He's hidden behind the injuries excuse over the last couple of months particularly, but apparently he's drinking in the last chance saloon now.

Never thought I would say this but a draw on Saturday is almost a worse result than a defeat.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:23 - Feb 3 with 1976 viewsBergholt_Blue

Can't see lambert going why would Evans let us loan players in if manager is leaving

Poll: Will you be renewing your season ticket

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:25 - Feb 3 with 1965 viewstractorboy1978

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:22 - Feb 3 by clive_baker

I would've sacked him months ago. This time last year he should've gone, if not before. As you say that's the problem now, the longer it's left now the harder the job for the replacement to salvage our season.

He's hidden behind the injuries excuse over the last couple of months particularly, but apparently he's drinking in the last chance saloon now.

Never thought I would say this but a draw on Saturday is almost a worse result than a defeat.

A draw should be as good as a defeat. If Evans is placated by a point at home to Blackpool then we might as well give up as the club's standards in the gutter (which they are).
So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:27 - Feb 3 with 1947 viewsBlueBadger

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:23 - Feb 3 by Bergholt_Blue

Can't see lambert going why would Evans let us loan players in if manager is leaving

It happened with Jewell. His final signing, Stephen Henderson was October 16 and he left on 24 October.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:29 - Feb 3 with 1936 viewsBlueBadger

I stand by the notion that he should have been sacked March 2019.

He came in with a brief to keep us up and/or at least have us competing in matches. He managed to achieve neither.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:32 - Feb 3 with 1921 viewsMetal_Hacker

Once again....it's the hope

Ideal world being , we win Saturday and he still goes

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:37 - Feb 3 with 1886 viewsitfcjoe

Lose on Saturday and that has to be it, we'll be 12th at best, and 10th in the PPG table, at best. Losing to another team around us in the lkeague, 7 defeats out of 8 at home, etc etc

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:39 - Feb 3 with 1878 viewswkj

Im starting to lose count of how many supposed last stands Lambert has had.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:41 - Feb 3 with 1862 viewsPJH

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:37 - Feb 3 by itfcjoe

Lose on Saturday and that has to be it, we'll be 12th at best, and 10th in the PPG table, at best. Losing to another team around us in the lkeague, 7 defeats out of 8 at home, etc etc

Logically it should have happened several times so as logic is being defied I honestly do not think that even a poor result on Saturday will make much difference.
So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:44 - Feb 3 with 1846 viewshype313

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:41 - Feb 3 by PJH

Logically it should have happened several times so as logic is being defied I honestly do not think that even a poor result on Saturday will make much difference.

Does make you wonder if Marcus's thinking is if we lose Saturday then changing manager won't really help that much given the challenge ahead, so stick with Lambert, sack him at the end of the season with a heavily reduced severance package and give the Job to Kieron to sell more season tickets.

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:44 - Feb 3 with 1845 viewswkj

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:41 - Feb 3 by PJH

Evans put himself in a weird spot by backing Lambert in the fashion he did a few weeks ago.

Fire him and he looks like he was an idiot
Keep him and he looks like he is an idiot

His pride is defiantly on the table here.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 11:23 - Feb 3 with 1728 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Another 2 or 3 defeats I think.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 13:03 - Feb 3 with 1601 viewsIpswichKnight

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:37 - Feb 3 by itfcjoe

Don’t see it myself now, he should have gone multiple times before now but hasn’t. It feels like ME has thrown everything into one basket to get us promoted and he’ll be damned if he’s going to give us the satisfaction of being right until it’s no longer possible for us to go up.

That though will leave us royally done over, 6 loan players going back, 19 out of contract, a new manager search and at the same time it will be season ticket renewal time.
So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 13:06 - Feb 3 with 1584 viewshype313

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 13:03 - Feb 3 by IpswichKnight

Don’t see it myself now, he should have gone multiple times before now but hasn’t. It feels like ME has thrown everything into one basket to get us promoted and he’ll be damned if he’s going to give us the satisfaction of being right until it’s no longer possible for us to go up.

That though will leave us royally done over, 6 loan players going back, 19 out of contract, a new manager search and at the same time it will be season ticket renewal time.

And a salary cap...

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 13:08 - Feb 3 with 1572 viewsRadlett_blue

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:23 - Feb 3 by Bergholt_Blue

Indeed, Evans has backed his manager sufficiently so that he won't have any real excuses if Town fail to at least make the play offs. Let's just accept he's here until this season is confirmed as a failure.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 13:18 - Feb 3 with 1538 viewsPlums

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 10:44 - Feb 3 by hype313

Does make you wonder if Marcus's thinking is if we lose Saturday then changing manager won't really help that much given the challenge ahead, so stick with Lambert, sack him at the end of the season with a heavily reduced severance package and give the Job to Kieron to sell more season tickets.

Asking Kieron to coach the team is one thing, asking him to rebuild the club after a disastrous two years, many players out of contract and a squad full of loans would be a huge ask for a rookie.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 13:45 - Feb 3 with 1465 viewsMonkeyAlan

He is here until the summer. Evans is digging his heels in. Showing the fans he isn't going to listen to them after the MM debacle. Regardless of season ticket sales. He is going to be stubborn.
So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 14:04 - Feb 3 with 1406 viewsIpswichKnight

So, Lambert's last stand Saturday... on 13:06 - Feb 3 by hype313

And a salary cap...

Yes add that to the list of goodies awaiting a new manager.

Could also add that all the decent replacements like Cook or the Cowleys will have been snapped up by then as well leaving us with the likes of

Sherwood
Hughes
Pullis
Curbs
Holloway

I can barely wait.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024