Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? 15:01 - Mar 6 with 1635 viewsDubtractor

Abject stuff, and so many players had shocking performances.

Lots to do if we're going to make a run for the playoffs, I think we're all (me included) guilty of getting carried away after a couple of improved performances and wins. We have been crap all season, and most of the last 2, so should probably temper our expectations.

Bloody hell that was bad though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:02 - Mar 6 with 1619 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No one got injured?

Or sent off.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 15:03]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:07 - Mar 6 with 1573 viewswkj

Judge being gone was noticeable and Sears has a big part to play in 2 of their goals. We need some significant work done over summer as we're so weak in the 2nd third. Doz didn't earn his pocket money today and Bishop really didn't do much better.

Time like these make me really appreciate the anchor that Skuse has been, but he's probably finished as a player now.

Toto did fairly well for most of the game, but was one of many failings in the second goal. I feel we play with a weird arrogance some times, and that really can't be our recipe for success.

We do lack players with a point to prove right now it feels, and that mentality has to shift. They're no longer players unlucky to be in League 1, they need to stop playing like it.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:08 - Mar 6 with 1553 viewsSpruceMoose

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:02 - Mar 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

No one got injured?

Or sent off.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 15:03]

I didn't have to see Lambert's face once.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:10 - Mar 6 with 1530 viewsTractorCam

The one positive is that Cook has seen them play under his style/ formation so should have an idea on who is already not looking good enough.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:13 - Mar 6 with 1501 viewsLankHenners

Chambers head and shoulders the best Town player. Only defender to stand up properly to Gillingham. Norwood and Parrott battled hard but were rarely given a chance by their teammates and Bishop had some good moments on the ball but everyone else was bang average at best.

A few of them were absolutely awful. Sears has probably played his last game for a while and Bennetts has surely used up his chances to show he’s worth sticking with. You wouldn’t have said this until January this year but we can’t get Alan Judge back in the side quickly enough.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:13 - Mar 6 with 1487 viewsWickets

Reminded me of the sort of effort we showed in the Northampton game ! Poor .
Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:14 - Mar 6 with 1470 viewsDubtractor

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:13 - Mar 6 by LankHenners

Chambers head and shoulders the best Town player. Only defender to stand up properly to Gillingham. Norwood and Parrott battled hard but were rarely given a chance by their teammates and Bishop had some good moments on the ball but everyone else was bang average at best.

A few of them were absolutely awful. Sears has probably played his last game for a while and Bennetts has surely used up his chances to show he’s worth sticking with. You wouldn’t have said this until January this year but we can’t get Alan Judge back in the side quickly enough.

I was surprised to see a few on here saying Bennetts was decent at half time - I've rarely seen a player with such poor decision making and so little end product, despite clearly having some pace and skill.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:15 - Mar 6 with 1452 viewschrismakin

I would say nsiala all in all coped quite well incredibly tough game for him today and one he previously would have struggled in but he coped quite well.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:18 - Mar 6 with 1422 viewsParky

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:15 - Mar 6 by chrismakin

I would say nsiala all in all coped quite well incredibly tough game for him today and one he previously would have struggled in but he coped quite well.

I thought he was quite poor and was bullied, his worst game in a while. Not singling him out, as not a single player was good enough today; but he conceded three goals, with their target man scoring 2.
Kenlock (n/t) on 15:19 - Mar 6 with 1393 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:20 - Mar 6 with 1373 viewsHighgateBlue

Not a lot of positives today, no, especially given that the first three goals in the 3pm kickoffs have been scored by Sunderland, Accrington and Doncaster!

Let's enjoy a moan today, and then regroup with some more positivity next match.

COYB.
Kenlock (n/t) on 15:20 - Mar 6 with 1372 viewsDubtractor

Kenlock (n/t) on 15:19 - Mar 6 by unstableblue

Nah, he was poor, bullied easily all game, and summed up by that incident in the first half where he tried to see it out and almost ended with a penalty.

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:21 - Mar 6 with 1360 viewschrismakin

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:18 - Mar 6 by Parky

I thought he was quite poor and was bullied, his worst game in a while. Not singling him out, as not a single player was good enough today; but he conceded three goals, with their target man scoring 2.

Oh he still scares the crp out of me. But this was the sort of game he used to pass straight to them or give pens away etc

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:21 - Mar 6 with 1341 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:14 - Mar 6 by Dubtractor

I was surprised to see a few on here saying Bennetts was decent at half time - I've rarely seen a player with such poor decision making and so little end product, despite clearly having some pace and skill.

Absolutely this.

I wonder what BlueFish would make of the comparison between Edwards at the start of the season and Bennetts.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:22 - Mar 6 with 1334 viewsurbanblue

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:13 - Mar 6 by LankHenners

Agree with all that except for the words ' ... for a while'
Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:23 - Mar 6 with 1304 viewsLankHenners

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:14 - Mar 6 by Dubtractor

Contrast with Jordan Graham today (Christ what a thing to type) - pretty straightforward running at the defence, stretching play, hitting crosses in etc. Nothing special but compared to what our wide players offered up it was really good.

On a similar note I’m hoping Harrop just really isn’t comfortable playing out wide or that’s another utterly wasted loan signing.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:25 - Mar 6 with 1273 viewsDeano69

Surely no one thought Bennetts was in any way effective? I so want him to be decent, but he just isn’t good enough even at this level.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:27 - Mar 6 with 1257 viewschrismakin

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:25 - Mar 6 by Deano69

Surely no one thought Bennetts was in any way effective? I so want him to be decent, but he just isn’t good enough even at this level.

I'd like to see him using his left foot on the left side.

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:30 - Mar 6 with 1217 viewsDeano69

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:27 - Mar 6 by chrismakin

I'd like to see him using his left foot on the left side.

I felt that was his best position before his injury. But his end product as well as his defensive game is pretty non existent

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:32 - Mar 6 with 1169 viewsRobTheMonk

I feel like Bennetts needs simple individual coaching. Beat your man and cross in this area. Repeat, repeat, repeat.
Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:35 - Mar 6 with 1144 viewsDeano69

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:32 - Mar 6 by RobTheMonk

I feel like Bennetts needs simple individual coaching. Beat your man and cross in this area. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

That’s bang on. He doesn’t seem to scare defences at all.

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:37 - Mar 6 with 1128 viewsRadlett_blue

Not sure there was a single positive to take from that was there? on 15:18 - Mar 6 by Parky

And Toto was several times guilty of the central defender's worse crime of allowing a ball to bounce dangerously. I thought he was poor today, while Wilson again did pretty well. However, Toto wasn't why we lost - it was abject passing by a supposedly technically superior midfield.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Kenlock (n/t) on 15:53 - Mar 6 with 1060 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock (n/t) on 15:20 - Mar 6 by Dubtractor

Nah, he was poor, bullied easily all game, and summed up by that incident in the first half where he tried to see it out and almost ended with a penalty.

Agreed, that was a performance from the Kenlock of the past couple of years rather than the Kenlock of the last couple of weeks. Thought he was poor, but he was far from alone. That was a dreadful performance. Barely created anything in open play, struggled to complete simple 5 yard passes, just an absolute shocker of a performance.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kenlock (n/t) on 15:55 - Mar 6 with 1042 viewschrismakin

Kenlock (n/t) on 15:53 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

Agreed, that was a performance from the Kenlock of the past couple of years rather than the Kenlock of the last couple of weeks. Thought he was poor, but he was far from alone. That was a dreadful performance. Barely created anything in open play, struggled to complete simple 5 yard passes, just an absolute shocker of a performance.

Kenlock wasnt helped by harrop in today's game.

Barely had any help with graham.

Kenlock (n/t) on 16:07 - Mar 6 with 989 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock (n/t) on 15:55 - Mar 6 by chrismakin

Kenlock wasnt helped by harrop in today's game.

Barely had any help with graham.

To be fair, a competent League 1 full back shouldn't need too much help with Graham. But agree that Harrop offered little cover, in fact he offered little of anything.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024