Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Ban / Questionnaire 17:16 - May 21 with 1316 viewsChris_ITFC

I clicked through the questionnaire thinking there was an 'Any Other Comments' section at the end (after the 'Any Improvements to the Site' one), but it never arrived, so...

Personally, I feel the banning of Phil is worthy of a question on the questionnaire in its own right - although I wouldn't ever expect him to be self-centred enough to do that unprompted! - but in all seriousness, it's no exaggeration to say that I see it as one of the most significant actions by the club, not just this season, but for several years. It's a question that would unite the fan base probably more so than any other, and not just those on TWTD, in the most damning of feelings I'm sure. On the basis of that event alone, I would rate the club's performance this year as Very Poor.

Yes, Lambert is gone, Evans has taken a back seat, and Phil is back (Hallelujah!), but I do not see that as a reason to sweep under the carpet something that was a very significant moment in this season. It was instigated by Lambert, but the manager is only ever an employee of the Football Club, and the response from the club was abysmal. I would be very supportive of that sentiment being shared with the club along with the survey.

Vive la TWTD.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 17:18]
Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 17:18 - May 21 with 1262 viewsfooters

I assume 'None of the above' will win favourite player of 20/21.

But agree with you on your general assessment on what was a really sh1tty move by the club.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 17:28 - May 21 with 1232 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

It’s done mate, let it go yeah?

New year, new start and all that.
Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 17:34 - May 21 with 1206 viewsjeera

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 17:28 - May 21 by BlueBlueBluex2

It’s done mate, let it go yeah?

New year, new start and all that.

The questionnaire is for the season 20/21.

That's the point.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 17:38 - May 21 with 1226 viewsPhilTWTD

Thanks Chris. I think the swiftness with which the ban was revoked when the manager changed illustrated the club's position; that they didn't agree with the ban but that no one was in - or felt in - a position to overrule the manager.

Under the new structure, I don't think there would be a similar issue. A manager's not going to have that sort of power. And I also don't see Paul Cook reacting in that way.

The US side of the new ownership seem very keen on community and and I don't think banning people really fits into their outlook.

I genuinely didn't think of including it in the questionnaire. I think the tweets, emails etc that the club received at the time illustrated how the decision was viewed. I was and continue to be very grateful to all who made their thoughts known to the club.
Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 17:40 - May 21 with 1197 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 17:38 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

Thanks Chris. I think the swiftness with which the ban was revoked when the manager changed illustrated the club's position; that they didn't agree with the ban but that no one was in - or felt in - a position to overrule the manager.

Under the new structure, I don't think there would be a similar issue. A manager's not going to have that sort of power. And I also don't see Paul Cook reacting in that way.

The US side of the new ownership seem very keen on community and and I don't think banning people really fits into their outlook.

I genuinely didn't think of including it in the questionnaire. I think the tweets, emails etc that the club received at the time illustrated how the decision was viewed. I was and continue to be very grateful to all who made their thoughts known to the club.

The ban was pathetic, the sign of a very weak man. Shame on Lambert.

It was the beginning of the end for him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 18:20 - May 21 with 1119 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 18:24 - May 21 with 1110 viewsHerbivore

Having had some time to reflect on it now, I think I back the club and Lambert on this one.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 18:24 - May 21 with 1106 viewsChris_ITFC

That's genuinely great to hear. There have been a lot of false dawns in recent years, particularly around new managers, but also 5 Point Plans and the like, so hopefully this one proves to be the exception to that.

To address an earlier point above, as Jeera has said, this is a questionnaire to review the season. I think this is just as valid as commenting on the performance of Paul Lambert - although he has gone / Phil is back, my views of the club over this season is based on what has happened during it.

Let's hope the future continues to brighter!
Login to get fewer ads

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 18:41 - May 21 with 1069 viewsTractorCam

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 17:40 - May 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

The ban was pathetic, the sign of a very weak man. Shame on Lambert.

It was the beginning of the end for him.

Wrong, Lambert doesn't feel pressure remember?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 19:01 - May 21 with 1018 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 18:41 - May 21 by TractorCam

Wrong, Lambert doesn't feel pressure remember?

Of course, my mistake.

He told us sooo many times that it must be true.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 19:13 - May 21 with 993 viewsKropotkin123

I'd be surprised if there were indicators of this event anyway. For example, I didn't receive a reply to a number of my emails in regard to this and that has been reflected in the questionnaire.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 19:14]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 00:04 - May 22 with 840 viewsBasingstokeBlue

I don’t know why there are five possible answers on the the Lambert question when we were all looking for the “Absolute Shyte” option.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 01:12 - May 22 with 798 viewsjeera

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 19:13 - May 21 by Kropotkin123

I'd be surprised if there were indicators of this event anyway. For example, I didn't receive a reply to a number of my emails in regard to this and that has been reflected in the questionnaire.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 19:14]

I had a few!

Especially towards the 'end' which maybe gave a clue to someone's impending exit.

I did get the impression that those responding were sympathetic to the situation but, as has already been said, were just following instructions.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 08:55 - May 22 with 685 viewsSamWhiteUK

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 17:34 - May 21 by jeera

The questionnaire is for the season 20/21.

That's the point.

But it really makes no odds whether there was a question on it or not
Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 09:16 - May 22 with 651 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 08:55 - May 22 by SamWhiteUK

But it really makes no odds whether there was a question on it or not

Exactly that. The people who actually fill the questionnaire in just want to either have another rant.
Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 13:19 - May 22 with 539 viewsJ2BLUE

You're like Ipswich's Dumbledore innit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 13:23 - May 22 with 525 viewsDubtractor

Best signing of the 20/21 season is a tough one tbh.....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 13:24 - May 22 with 515 viewsJ2BLUE

Phil Ban / Questionnaire on 13:23 - May 22 by Dubtractor

Best signing of the 20/21 season is a tough one tbh.....

Not if you take it literally and vote for BA.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024