Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It seems so unlike Ipswich 08:23 - Apr 9 with 1549 viewsFixed_It

I mean, we always get the timing of things so wrong - and yet here we are with new owners, financial backing, new manager and loads of players (most of whom are deadwood) about to be released as their contracts expire. Add to that the Head of Sports Science leaving and we really do have the chance of finally turning things around for the better...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 08:46 - Apr 9 with 1433 viewsMetal_Hacker

What could possibly go wrong

Jeeez I hope not .I hope this is only an upward trajectory

Personally I think this is our time .I've not reason for saying this BUT ...surely life as a Town fan has to get better now right

Poll: If it were one or the other

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 08:56 - Apr 9 with 1390 viewsKieran_Knows

Academy Head of Sports Science*

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 09:05 - Apr 9 with 1357 viewsChrisd

It certainly appears the right time and opportunity for the club to progress, just need to make the right appointments for those key areas. Hopefully, our new owners can do a better job than the previous regime in this regard.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 11:39 - Apr 9 with 1183 viewsBlueWorldOrder

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 09:05 - Apr 9 by Chrisd

It certainly appears the right time and opportunity for the club to progress, just need to make the right appointments for those key areas. Hopefully, our new owners can do a better job than the previous regime in this regard.

The owners have the advantage of a very low bar set by Evans. If we get promoted or win the FA Trophy we'll have had more success than we've had for years and people will be happy. If we can get back to mid-table Championship status most people will be pleased with that and the pressure for promotion to the Premiership will have lessened now we've experienced League One. I never want to come back.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 11:41 - Apr 9 with 1167 viewsnoggin

I just want to know how we are going to replace so many players before next season. This is a massive headache for Paul Cook.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 11:43 - Apr 9 with 1150 viewschrismakin

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 11:41 - Apr 9 by noggin

I just want to know how we are going to replace so many players before next season. This is a massive headache for Paul Cook.

It's relatively easy

Defence doesn't need to be touched, and back up players we do have

it's the midfield and strike force that needs work and if going 4 2 3 1, we don't need a raft of strikers either

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 11:45 - Apr 9 with 1141 viewstractorboy1978

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 11:43 - Apr 9 by chrismakin

It's relatively easy

it's the midfield and strike force that needs work and if going 4 2 3 1, we don't need a raft of strikers either

Full back positions certainly need improvement.
It seems so unlike Ipswich on 11:49 - Apr 9 with 1122 viewsBlueWorldOrder

It's relatively easy

Our defence doesn't have to be touched? Any club serious about promotion from League One has to have better defensive options than Toto, Wilson and the approaching 40 year olds Chambers and Ward. Holy is also an accident waiting to happen. Just because we can keep clean sheets against poor teams doesn't mean our defence is good enough. Toto and Wilson have done alright, but that us it, alright. It was proven last season that with all the silly mistakes they make we drop enough points not to get promoted. Why are we now over-hyping the defence like we did the midfield at the start of the season?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Login to get fewer ads

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 11:58 - Apr 9 with 1068 viewsHarry_Palmer

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 11:41 - Apr 9 by noggin

Really? I would think it will be something he is relishing. This squad is clearly not good enough and unable to play the system Cook wants to employ.

To able to release so many players is a blessing and to now have a stronger financial position must have him licking his lips.

We can now potentially pick up the cream of league One and replace most of the dross that has repeatedly failed at this club, even in the 3rd division.
It seems so unlike Ipswich on 12:04 - Apr 9 with 1045 viewstonybied

It seems to be well timed considering the scraping of the proposed cap on the league 1 wages.
It seems so unlike Ipswich on 12:05 - Apr 9 with 1037 viewsDanTheMan

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 11:58 - Apr 9 by Harry_Palmer

Really? I would think it will be something he is relishing. This squad is clearly not good enough and unable to play the system Cook wants to employ.

To able to release so many players is a blessing and to now have a stronger financial position must have him licking his lips.

We can now potentially pick up the cream of league One and replace most of the dross that has repeatedly failed at this club, even in the 3rd division.

Agreed.

Gets an essentially free crack at this season.

New owners with funding coming in, who had you as their choice anyway, combined with a squad he can basically tear apart and rebuild.

I would very much hope he would love this scenario.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 12:13 - Apr 9 with 1002 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

It's relatively easy

CM you are spot on - our defence takes so much stick especially Chambers, yet season in season out it performs well; and we have younger back up when necessary; another full back perhaps but it is the attacking side that needs sorting.
It seems so unlike Ipswich on 12:18 - Apr 9 with 994 viewsHarry_Palmer

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 12:05 - Apr 9 by DanTheMan

Agreed.

Gets an essentially free crack at this season.

New owners with funding coming in, who had you as their choice anyway, combined with a squad he can basically tear apart and rebuild.

I would very much hope he would love this scenario.

To take a club like ITFC at our lowest point in decades with new financial backing is a perfect opportunity isn't it?

As long as he doesn't go 'Paul Hurst' on us and carefully selects his new recruits we can't really go wrong. I trust him to do this, exciting times ahead.
It seems so unlike Ipswich on 13:53 - Apr 9 with 854 viewsBlueBorn86

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 11:49 - Apr 9 by BlueWorldOrder

Our defence doesn't have to be touched? Any club serious about promotion from League One has to have better defensive options than Toto, Wilson and the approaching 40 year olds Chambers and Ward. Holy is also an accident waiting to happen. Just because we can keep clean sheets against poor teams doesn't mean our defence is good enough. Toto and Wilson have done alright, but that us it, alright. It was proven last season that with all the silly mistakes they make we drop enough points not to get promoted. Why are we now over-hyping the defence like we did the midfield at the start of the season?

Totally agree. For me the only one worth his wait is Wilson. Toto makes too many mistakes, Chambers is getting on as is Ward, KVY id keep in a heartbeat if he could keep fit but t hats a massive IF and Kenlock is not for me im afraid, although he has done well of late to give him his dues. To add to this, at least 1 new goalkeeper is required.
So yes we all know of our struggles going forward but I would say that the defence is not as cut and dry as most think.
It seems so unlike Ipswich on 13:56 - Apr 9 with 833 viewschrismakin

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 11:49 - Apr 9 by BlueWorldOrder

Its the 5th best defence in the league and that's been without KVY. Without a downes infront of it.

Of all areas. When spending is crucial. It's not what is stopping us being promoted.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 14:39 - Apr 9 with 755 viewsBlueBorn86

It seems so unlike Ipswich on 13:56 - Apr 9 by chrismakin

Its the 5th best defence in the league and that's been without KVY. Without a downes infront of it.

Of all areas. When spending is crucial. It's not what is stopping us being promoted.

No, but I think you will be losing a fair few next season. Ward was only a 1 year thing possibly? Chambers is coming to the end of his time so we really need to be thinking long term replacement. KVY cant keep fit so another RB would be needed as well as LB in my mind. Plus probably at leas one centre half to go alongside Wolf/Wilson and Toto as Mcguiness will be going back.

I see your point..but I think you can argue a case for money needing to be spent all over this squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024