Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
21 years ago today 10:15 - May 14 with 989 viewsPhilTWTD

Four pages of Marcus Stewart talking about Bolton and Wembley.

Twenty Years Ago Today: Stewart Hits Double as Blues Draw at Bolton 14th May 2020 06:00
It was 20 years ago today that Marcus Stewart netted twice as the Blues came from 2-0 behind to draw 2-2 in the first leg of the play-off semi-final at Bolton, so TWTD caught up with the legendary striker to reminisce about that afternoon at the Reebok Stadium and the other momentous events of May 2000. 14

This post has been edited by an administrator
21 years ago today on 10:17 - May 14 with 955 viewsBlueBlood90

One of my favourite ever games in a weird way.

Dead and buried at 2-0 but ending up coming away with a draw it felt like it was going to be our year.

Haven't celebrated many goals like Marcus Stewart's second that day.

What a player!!!

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

21 years ago today on 11:08 - May 14 with 826 viewsghostofescobar

I vividly remember watching this in my front room, on my own, when I lived in Northants at the time. I remember shouting “that’s why we bought him, that’s why we bought him!” and jumping up and down on the awful light green corduroy sofa we had a the time!!

GhostOfEscobar

21 years ago today on 11:10 - May 14 with 824 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I love that man.

What I would have given for him to have stayed longer and played alongside Bent and Kuqi the season after. We'd have won the league.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

21 years ago today on 11:21 - May 14 with 792 viewsghostofescobar

21 years ago today on 11:10 - May 14 by BlueWorldOrder

I love that man.

What I would have given for him to have stayed longer and played alongside Bent and Kuqi the season after. We'd have won the league.

Do you remember the Huddersfield fan that also loved him and got a tattoo of his face done just as they sold him to us!!

GhostOfEscobar

21 years ago today on 11:23 - May 14 with 784 viewsbournemouthblue

21 years ago today on 10:17 - May 14 by BlueBlood90

Dead and buried at 2-0 but ending up coming away with a draw it felt like it was going to be our year.

What a player!!!

Two absolute worldies in that game

How had he performed upto that point, we paid good money for him?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

21 years ago today on 11:39 - May 14 with 755 viewsChurchman

What a player!!!

We nearly won that game too. Great memories. I’ve never known an atmosphere like the second game at PR before or since. Electric really doesn’t do it justice.
21 years ago today on 11:55 - May 14 with 730 viewsBlueBlood90

21 years ago today on 11:39 - May 14 by Churchman

We nearly won that game too. Great memories. I’ve never known an atmosphere like the second game at PR before or since. Electric really doesn’t do it justice.

Being a northerner I wasn't able to make the midweek home tie which I've always been gutted about. What an incredible game.

It was also before the days of every play off game being on Sky Sports so I had to try and keep up via a combination of Radio 5 Live and Teletext!

It still baffles me how Bolton fans think the referee was a disgrace that night. There was one dodgy straight red but the rest of the penalties/cards etc were all stone wall in my opinion.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

21 years ago today on 12:09 - May 14 with 711 viewsKropotkin123

21 years ago today on 11:23 - May 14 by bournemouthblue

Two absolute worldies in that game

How had he performed upto that point, we paid good money for him?

Started great, picked up an injury, came back and didn't score much... More details on that in the article

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

21 years ago today on 12:14 - May 14 with 702 viewsChurchman

21 years ago today on 11:55 - May 14 by BlueBlood90

Being a northerner I wasn't able to make the midweek home tie which I've always been gutted about. What an incredible game.

It was also before the days of every play off game being on Sky Sports so I had to try and keep up via a combination of Radio 5 Live and Teletext!

It still baffles me how Bolton fans think the referee was a disgrace that night. There was one dodgy straight red but the rest of the penalties/cards etc were all stone wall in my opinion.

Barry Knight. As bigger infamous legend to Bolton as Clive Thomas is to us. The difference is Thomas’s refereeing errors cost us an FA Cup in 75. The only error Knight made was not to send more of their players off. They lost it, basically.
21 years ago today on 12:16 - May 14 with 682 viewshype313

21 years ago today on 12:14 - May 14 by Churchman

Barry Knight. As bigger infamous legend to Bolton as Clive Thomas is to us. The difference is Thomas’s refereeing errors cost us an FA Cup in 75. The only error Knight made was not to send more of their players off. They lost it, basically.

Mike Whitlow looked like he been on the Columbian Marching Powder, he was a disgrace that night, he certainly got his comeuppance.

Loved how Magic wound him up too.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

21 years ago today on 12:17 - May 14 with 676 viewsMach_foreignBlue

What a player!!!

Ditto.

Watching both his goals from that day will never get boring.
21 years ago today on 12:31 - May 14 with 646 viewsBlueNomad

21 years ago today on 11:08 - May 14 by ghostofescobar

I vividly remember watching this in my front room, on my own, when I lived in Northants at the time. I remember shouting “that’s why we bought him, that’s why we bought him!” and jumping up and down on the awful light green corduroy sofa we had a the time!!

I think I've got that sofa now! It's very nice!

I remember thinking at the time , "yeah but its nothing compared to 20 years ago.............."
21 years ago today on 13:20 - May 14 with 590 viewsChurchman

21 years ago today on 12:16 - May 14 by hype313

Mike Whitlow looked like he been on the Columbian Marching Powder, he was a disgrace that night, he certainly got his comeuppance.

Loved how Magic wound him up too.

His eyes were certainly rolling in his head as he trudged off to glorious abuse. And what was the other idiot that got sent off (Robbie Elliott?) doing? He looked quite aggrieved, pointing at things, just after his two footed cruncher.

I loved it for the penalty when the whole Bolton team chased the ref. I was quite close and everybody was encouraging them to push Knight over. The place went bananas
21 years ago today on 13:22 - May 14 with 585 viewsSouperJim

Thanks for posting the link Phil, I must have missed it last year. Stewart was such an instinctive player, Huddersfield's decision to sell him to a promotion rival has to go down as one of the worst transfer decisions ever.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

21 years ago today on 13:45 - May 14 with 545 viewsBlueNomad

21 years ago today on 12:14 - May 14 by Churchman

I remember after about 30 minutes saying to the bloke next to me that the ref needed to get tougher or he was going to lose control.

I'd love to know what Jim said to wind them up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024