Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signs of change 10:57 - Jun 22 with 2785 viewsxrayspecs

Six of the starting line up from our first league game of last season and ten of the seventeen player match day squad have already left Town this summer...

Of those that remain, how many of Holy, Nsiala, Nolan, Bishop, Drinan, Norwood, Donacien and Kenlock will still be here when the window closes?

Signs of change on 11:00 - Jun 22 with 2526 viewschrismakin

Of those you've listed

Nolan, Drinan, Norwood, Donacien and Kenlock

Nolan and Donacien imo will have pre season to show PC what they can do
Norwood to stay is a given I think
Kenlock, Ideal back up left back, if he's still happy being in and out of the side, keep him

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Signs of change on 11:51 - Jun 22 with 2335 viewsitfc48

Definitely sounds like Bishop is off. Reasonably local but not the first team you'd think.
Signs of change on 11:52 - Jun 22 with 2324 viewschrismakin

Signs of change on 11:51 - Jun 22 by itfc48

Definitely sounds like Bishop is off. Reasonably local but not the first team you'd think.

Bish will end up at Colchester too I reckon

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Signs of change on 11:53 - Jun 22 with 2314 viewsclive_baker

Signs of change on 11:51 - Jun 22 by itfc48

Has a few options, including Cambridge. Obviously favourable geographically given where he lives.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Signs of change on 11:55 - Jun 22 with 2293 viewslazyblue

I think Nolan is a certain starter for Cook next season , he has the determination Cook likes and can can score goals which is something we seriously lacked from midfield when he was injured.
Signs of change on 11:55 - Jun 22 with 2295 viewsclive_baker

Mass exodus, as expected. Plenty more still to move on.

Would be surprised if Holy, Downes, Bishop, Lankester and Woolfy are still town players come the start of the season.

Signs of change on 12:10 - Jun 22 with 2175 viewsIllinoisblue

Signs of change on 11:55 - Jun 22 by clive_baker

Mass exodus, as expected. Plenty more still to move on.

Would be surprised if Holy, Downes, Bishop, Lankester and Woolfy are still town players come the start of the season.

For all the hype, surprised nobody has been in for Downes, aside from Barnsley sniffing around. Is he as good as we think he is?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Signs of change on 12:15 - Jun 22 with 2142 viewssaffers12

Signs of change on 12:10 - Jun 22 by Illinoisblue

For all the hype, surprised nobody has been in for Downes, aside from Barnsley sniffing around. Is he as good as we think he is?

I think he is and would learn so much of Evans
Login to get fewer ads

Signs of change on 12:25 - Jun 22 with 2082 viewsmonty_radio

Signs of change on 12:15 - Jun 22 by saffers12

I think he is and would learn so much of Evans

At moments when he is breaking up play, and nicking the ball while screening it, he looks good. But if it's a "box-to-box" that he is, then his forward threat is notably absent a.t.m.

I think that big-time suitors would be looking for much more which they may believe they can coach into him, but which wouldn't, at this stage, persuade them to open their purses too wide.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Signs of change on 12:31 - Jun 22 with 2033 viewsFPL_Tractor

Signs of change on 12:25 - Jun 22 by monty_radio

At moments when he is breaking up play, and nicking the ball while screening it, he looks good. But if it's a "box-to-box" that he is, then his forward threat is notably absent a.t.m.

I think that big-time suitors would be looking for much more which they may believe they can coach into him, but which wouldn't, at this stage, persuade them to open their purses too wide.

Also with his season so disrupted by injury it's difficult for clubs to know what they're getting.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Signs of change on 12:33 - Jun 22 with 1982 viewssaffers12

Signs of change on 12:31 - Jun 22 by FPL_Tractor

Also with his season so disrupted by injury it's difficult for clubs to know what they're getting.

very true
Signs of change on 12:34 - Jun 22 with 1974 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Signs of change on 11:55 - Jun 22 by lazyblue

I think Nolan is a certain starter for Cook next season , he has the determination Cook likes and can can score goals which is something we seriously lacked from midfield when he was injured.

If we got rid of Downes, Bishop and Dozzell yet started Nolan we might as well give up!
Signs of change on 12:46 - Jun 22 with 1861 viewschrismakin

Signs of change on 12:34 - Jun 22 by PrideOfTheEast

If we got rid of Downes, Bishop and Dozzell yet started Nolan we might as well give up!

Nolan isn't the same 'type' of midfielder as those 3, which is why PC may well like what he can offer next to an Evans. We'll see.

Signs of change on 12:48 - Jun 22 with 1846 viewsdirtyboy

Signs of change on 12:34 - Jun 22 by PrideOfTheEast

I'd agree, but not so much on the ability we've seen, but how often does a player have an extended period off due to injury and then not come back as good as they were.

If no replacement lined up for Bishop, i'd be very reluctant to let him go until I knew what I was getting from Nolan. Risky to rely on Nolan as it stands IMO.
Signs of change on 12:51 - Jun 22 with 1811 viewsclive_baker

I think he's an excellent player. Barely fit last season and in a properly dog sh1t set up, which was a shame. It's a frustration of mine that he's being binned off really, there's a bit of baby and bathwater about that. I don't think anyone is losing sleep over Hawkins, Cornell et al moving on, but it's that 3 or 4 of Dozzell, Downes, Woolfy, KVY that I would've liked see given some love. I think they've got enough credit in the bank to give us confidence that they can play, and I'm not surprised that the 1 to have left already has stepped up a division, and Downes is being linked with a step up too. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Hopefully we get a decent enough fee that allows it to be reinvested.

Signs of change on 12:56 - Jun 22 with 1765 viewshadleighboyblue

Can't get my head round why we would keep Drinan
Signs of change on 13:27 - Jun 22 with 1650 viewsBlueForYou

Signs of change on 12:56 - Jun 22 by hadleighboyblue

I can't get my head around why we would keep any of them!
Signs of change on 13:29 - Jun 22 with 1635 viewschrismakin

Signs of change on 12:56 - Jun 22 by hadleighboyblue

I couldn't understand it, however with the rise in Moore, we've had Mick and now PC that like Drinan so I will go with it, esp with PC having Moore in one of his squads he may see something we don't just yet.

Signs of change on 14:01 - Jun 22 with 1523 viewshadleighboyblue

Signs of change on 13:29 - Jun 22 by chrismakin

I couldn't understand it, however with the rise in Moore, we've had Mick and now PC that like Drinan so I will go with it, esp with PC having Moore in one of his squads he may see something we don't just yet.

the more I think back to Lambert's time here , it feels like he failed to improve or motivate players .

Did he actually do any decent training or coaching to improve players , the whole place seemed to stagnate with too many players coasting
Signs of change on 14:33 - Jun 22 with 1396 viewsclive_baker

Signs of change on 13:29 - Jun 22 by chrismakin

I think it's as much to do with the fact that he's as cheap as p1ss and a handy enough squad player. I'm sure if you asked Cook now he wouldn't be expecting him to start 40 odd games next season, but if he liked his attitude and likes what he saw in a short space of time then there's no reason not to trigger another year. Seems like a huge overreaction to me, the amount of people moaning about him. He's not a world beater by any means but we'll need a few of that ilk in the squad, especially with the salary cap.

Signs of change on 14:51 - Jun 22 with 1315 viewsDubtractor

Signs of change on 12:51 - Jun 22 by clive_baker

I think he's an excellent player. Barely fit last season and in a properly dog sh1t set up, which was a shame. It's a frustration of mine that he's being binned off really, there's a bit of baby and bathwater about that. I don't think anyone is losing sleep over Hawkins, Cornell et al moving on, but it's that 3 or 4 of Dozzell, Downes, Woolfy, KVY that I would've liked see given some love. I think they've got enough credit in the bank to give us confidence that they can play, and I'm not surprised that the 1 to have left already has stepped up a division, and Downes is being linked with a step up too. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Hopefully we get a decent enough fee that allows it to be reinvested.

Agree entirely with this post.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Signs of change on 14:53 - Jun 22 with 1298 viewsBeckets

Signs of change on 14:33 - Jun 22 by clive_baker

I think it's as much to do with the fact that he's as cheap as p1ss and a handy enough squad player. I'm sure if you asked Cook now he wouldn't be expecting him to start 40 odd games next season, but if he liked his attitude and likes what he saw in a short space of time then there's no reason not to trigger another year. Seems like a huge overreaction to me, the amount of people moaning about him. He's not a world beater by any means but we'll need a few of that ilk in the squad, especially with the salary cap.

Kenlock likewise I think. Fine as a back up left back for another year in League One.
Signs of change on 15:15 - Jun 22 with 1232 viewsitfc48

Signs of change on 11:53 - Jun 22 by clive_baker

Has a few options, including Cambridge. Obviously favourable geographically given where he lives.

Mk Dons is currently the most likely destination for Bish from what I've heard.
Signs of change on 15:38 - Jun 22 with 1178 viewsArnieM

All fair and good listing the players likely left to leave this Club, but there’s bigger all coming in is there !

Starting to get a tad anxious about it all now with pre season training about to start .. gonna be a few easy seasons for the coaches methinks with no players !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Signs of change on 16:34 - Jun 22 with 1094 viewsPositivelyPortman

Is he as good as he thinks?

No is my answer to both questions.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024