Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neighbourly advice 20:01 - Jul 9 with 3207 viewsblue62

Right I need some advice.

Recently moved into a new house, neighbours moved in a week or two before. All fine and good, they seemed ok, chatted regularly, went round for dinner one night, when restrictions allowed.

But a couple of weeks ago we were having a new lawn laid and our guy parked a bit on their drive. So Mr Neighbour came round, knocked on the door and moaned and was very rude to my wife, which really upset her. Now I understand if he wanted to go somewhere, but he didn't. He could have seen the turfman and asked him to move it, but no.

Then this week he was heard moaning about my daughter who has just passed her driving test and parked at an angle on our drive. He was overheard to say, god cant she drive, she must be an erratic driver, we must stay out of her way!

This has now really peed Mrs B off.

So, do I go round and have a quiet word with him and point out the errors he has made and maybe suggest he may like to apologise and keep any opinions to himself in future or try and ignore it as Mrs B suggests I should do.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Neighbourly advice on 20:03 - Jul 9 with 2891 viewshype313

Take a sh1t on his lawn.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Neighbourly advice on 20:09 - Jul 9 with 2843 viewsbazza

This is such an opportunity fo Blueas to start a fake neighbour account 😂😂
Neighbourly advice on 20:11 - Jul 9 with 2824 viewsjeera

If he wants you to know he'll say it to you in person.

Otherwise he's just probably a harmless moaner.

If he murders your pet dog or says inappropriate things to your wife/daughter then sure, make a fuss.

You probably have bigger things to concern you in your day to day life than an insignificant nobody next door.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Neighbourly advice on 20:15 - Jul 9 with 2797 viewsjeera

Neighbourly advice on 20:09 - Jul 9 by bazza

This is such an opportunity fo Blueas to start a fake neighbour account 😂😂

"This flipping neighbours moved in just after us, seemed all right at first.

Hell, we even had them over for dinner.

Since then they've had tradesmen park across our driveway; I called round to ask nicely for the van to be moved by got distracted by the wife who came to the door looking rather nifty - if you know what I mean. I swear she was giving me the eye.

Anyways, turns out the daughter can't bleedin' drive either. There's an accident waiting to happen."

Etc.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 20:15]

Neighbourly advice on 20:19 - Jul 9 with 2776 viewsBluesky

I wouldn't ignore him. You need to nip this in the bud. But don't "show him the error of his ways" that will just get his back up. Why not quietly ask him if there is an important issue he feels he needs to discuss and clear up. He can't really be that worked up over trivial parking mishaps, can he? So what's his real problem - let's talk about it and sort it out. .. Good luck.
Neighbourly advice on 20:22 - Jul 9 with 2760 viewsbazza

Neighbourly advice on 20:15 - Jul 9 by jeera

"This flipping neighbours moved in just after us, seemed all right at first.

Hell, we even had them over for dinner.

Since then they've had tradesmen park across our driveway; I called round to ask nicely for the van to be moved by got distracted by the wife who came to the door looking rather nifty - if you know what I mean. I swear she was giving me the eye.

Anyways, turns out the daughter can't bleedin' drive either. There's an accident waiting to happen."

Etc.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 20:15]

Was a lovely meal, all was going well until the fruit bowl came out.. and he dropped his Vauxhall chevette keys in it..
Neighbourly advice on 20:24 - Jul 9 with 2749 viewsbazza

Neighbourly advice on 20:19 - Jul 9 by Bluesky

I wouldn't ignore him. You need to nip this in the bud. But don't "show him the error of his ways" that will just get his back up. Why not quietly ask him if there is an important issue he feels he needs to discuss and clear up. He can't really be that worked up over trivial parking mishaps, can he? So what's his real problem - let's talk about it and sort it out. .. Good luck.

To be fair if I had tradesmen round I would tell them not to park in the Neighbours drive straight away…and if they did I would move them before my neighbour needed to come out..
Neighbourly advice on 20:38 - Jul 9 with 2685 viewsIllinoisblue

Put his windows in and give him something real to moan about.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Neighbourly advice on 20:49 - Jul 9 with 2636 viewsSitfcB

Neighbourly advice on 20:19 - Jul 9 by Bluesky

He fancies Mrs B?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Neighbourly advice on 21:05 - Jul 9 with 2598 viewsMattinLondon

Hit him where it hurts - let it be known to everyone on the street that the meal you had found theirs was absolutely awful and that you and your wife were both up all night with food poisoning.

Tell everyone that you’ll never eat round theirs as the kitchen and dining room were filthy.

No mercy, f**k him up.
Neighbourly advice on 22:43 - Jul 9 with 2418 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

"A hedge between keeps friendship green."

Plant a hedge

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Neighbourly advice on 22:51 - Jul 9 with 2372 viewsRyorry

Neighbourly advice on 20:22 - Jul 9 by bazza

Was a lovely meal, all was going well until the fruit bowl came out.. and he dropped his Vauxhall chevette keys in it..

Well they're going to have to live next door to each other for probably a long time, so it'd be important not to rub each other up the wrong way ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Neighbourly advice on 23:50 - Jul 9 with 2297 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Point out that, as he’s obviously a Millwall supporter, he might want to wind his neck in for the sake of both the Mem-Sahibs.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Neighbourly advice on 00:08 - Jul 10 with 2249 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Ignore. He was probably having a bad day on both occasions.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Neighbourly advice on 00:24 - Jul 10 with 2220 viewsRyorry

Neighbourly advice on 00:08 - Jul 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

Ignore. He was probably having a bad day on both occasions.

You might have put your finger on it there.

"Fancy a pint down the pub?" might sort it (and possibly prevent a world of pain for the next 5 years).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Neighbourly advice on 07:15 - Jul 10 with 2052 viewsblue62

Thanks some useful help..... and some not so.

Might try and keep it civil unless something happens again. Maybe he was having a bad day, or he could be a miserable t0sser
Neighbourly advice on 09:47 - Jul 10 with 1885 viewsElephantintheRoom

Best not to - you never know where the line between petty vindictivenes and homicidal mania begins. Or a long-running feud.

I experienced something similar with the neighbours at my mothers - they always complained when the carer or my good self parked with a inch or two of offending bumber over 'their' bit of driveway, when there was ample room to get by. Some people are just vile - and seemingly proud of it.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Neighbourly advice on 10:08 - Jul 10 with 1848 viewslightuser

Neighbourly advice on 09:47 - Jul 10 by ElephantintheRoom

Best not to - you never know where the line between petty vindictivenes and homicidal mania begins. Or a long-running feud.

I experienced something similar with the neighbours at my mothers - they always complained when the carer or my good self parked with a inch or two of offending bumber over 'their' bit of driveway, when there was ample room to get by. Some people are just vile - and seemingly proud of it.

I don't believe that you parked over the line nelly.

You always try too hard to stay right on the edge.
Neighbourly advice on 10:12 - Jul 10 with 1839 viewsstrikalite

Neighbourly advice on 22:51 - Jul 9 by Ryorry

Well they're going to have to live next door to each other for probably a long time, so it'd be important not to rub each other up the wrong way ...

This!
Believe me you could make this a lot LOT worse, he's just a moaning neighbour, going round and having a word is a bad idea, however you try and word it I doubt it'll come across too well...

One day you'll be in a position to do something for him, sign for an important delivery etc, things like this will turn it around for him believe me....

Don't make him an enemy, you won't win because unless you sell up you're neighbours for a very very long time..
Neighbourly advice on 10:19 - Jul 10 with 1817 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Neighbourly advice on 20:24 - Jul 9 by bazza

To be fair if I had tradesmen round I would tell them not to park in the Neighbours drive straight away…and if they did I would move them before my neighbour needed to come out..

This. Contractors work for you, so he's just gone straight to the employer. Whether or not he was going out is irrelevant, blocking his access is rude and nothing less.

This thing over your daughter however, makes him sound like an utter c-unit.

Get back to nodding at him when you see him. Theres no need to be best mates with you neighbours any more.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Neighbourly advice on 19:11 - Jul 10 with 1641 viewsblue62

Neighbourly advice on 20:24 - Jul 9 by bazza

Yes I would of done if I was there and my wife was working so probably didn’t notice.

It wouldn’t of bothered me if he parked on my drive, but not everyone is the same.
Neighbourly advice on 19:16 - Jul 10 with 1620 viewsgtsb1966

Looking forward to seeing you on channel 5 in a couple of years time.
Neighbourly advice on 19:24 - Jul 10 with 1604 viewsjeera

Neighbourly advice on 19:11 - Jul 10 by blue62

Yes I would of done if I was there and my wife was working so probably didn’t notice.

It wouldn’t of bothered me if he parked on my drive, but not everyone is the same.

Joking aside we all have bad days.

I tore into a neighbour whose son's dog had crapped on my garden when he was visiting and didn't have the thing on a lead.

On a better day I might have been more civil about it.

Just play things by ear and see how it all pans out. You don't want to over react.

I would stay friendly without getting too close for now.

If it happens again go round and massacre the entire family, with no mercy.

Neighbourly advice on 19:50 - Jul 10 with 1553 viewsOldsmoker

If he comes on your property just shoot him.
Tell the police you feared for your life.
It's called 'Stand your ground'.
You do live in Texas don't you?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Neighbourly advice on 19:50 - Jul 10 with 1552 viewsjeera

Edit:

wrong thread!
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 19:54]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024