Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wake up and smell the coffee 20:41 - Aug 15 with 2608 viewsskankerman

Losing interest in coming on the site in recent days

I get the negative comments towards Evan's Lambert and to a degree McCarthy but to start slayting a new team and manager after so many required changes is poor going.

My sons loved the game against Morecambe even purchase shirts after the game

Our club is changing for the better surely all to see

Patience is required
Long live ITFC
Wake up and smell the coffee on 20:43 - Aug 15 with 2170 viewsHerbivore

Great, another thread moaning about perceived negativity. Just what we need.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Wake up and smell the coffee on 20:44 - Aug 15 with 2165 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Personally I am finding it very balanced. There are a good number of posters for whom (like you) nothing can possibly go wrong. There are a few with serious concerns but most people are of the opinion it needs time to judge.

Yes, there are a lot of positives but you can't ignore some of the negatives either.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Wake up and smell the coffee on 20:46 - Aug 15 with 2144 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Wake up and smell the coffee on 20:44 - Aug 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Personally I am finding it very balanced. There are a good number of posters for whom (like you) nothing can possibly go wrong. There are a few with serious concerns but most people are of the opinion it needs time to judge.

Yes, there are a lot of positives but you can't ignore some of the negatives either.

Some are deliberately not seeing the positives.

Claims from some that we were rubbish yesterday and the second half we wasn’t the better side. Both untrue. Deserved to lose apparently. Unnecessarily negative from some imo.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Wake up and smell the coffee on 20:49 - Aug 15 with 2109 viewsIllinoisblue

Is some very mild concern and dissent allowed? Or is it only makin-style rainbows and unicorns allowed?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Wake up and smell the coffee on 20:50 - Aug 15 with 2095 viewshave_a_word_with_him

This is the way it has been since the dawn of time, everyone has different opinions even if we all apparently watched the same game. Even Sir Alf and Sir Bobby got criticism, believe it or not. Don't get disheartened because someone disagrees with you, you'd never follow a sports team again in your life
Wake up and smell the coffee on 20:50 - Aug 15 with 2094 viewsskankerman

Wake up and smell the coffee on 20:43 - Aug 15 by Herbivore

Just get the impression many fans just moan for the sake of moaning
No future in negativity
Wake up and smell the coffee on 20:53 - Aug 15 with 2073 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Wake up and smell the coffee on 20:59 - Aug 15 with 2007 viewsCuffy81

Wake up and smell the coffee on 20:46 - Aug 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Claims from some that we were rubbish yesterday and the second half we wasn’t the better side. Both untrue. Deserved to lose apparently. Unnecessarily negative from some imo.

Exactly this....

No one is happy with the results they have been poor against opposition we should be doing better against

PC is trying to find his best 11, not helped by a few injuries, our performances have been disjointed and patchy, all things which come with a new team where partnerships on the pitch need time to grow and develop.

Individual mistakes are killing us in terms of results, we could very easily now be sat on 4 points.

Demanding instant results just because we are a big team stinks of self entitlement, we have been in decline for 13 + years, that's not accepting mediocrity it's understanding how low we have sunk

If you look hard enough you can find a negative in everything
Login to get fewer ads

Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:01 - Aug 15 with 1997 viewsskankerman

Your response not mine if you think the past few years were better that's great all entitled to a opinion
Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:05 - Aug 15 with 1960 viewsHerbivore

Wake up and smell the coffee on 20:50 - Aug 15 by skankerman

Just get the impression many fans just moan for the sake of moaning
No future in negativity

I don't know, ultimately those who say the world is going to end will be proved right one day.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 21:18]

Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:07 - Aug 15 with 1936 viewsHerbivore

Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:01 - Aug 15 by skankerman

Your response not mine if you think the past few years were better that's great all entitled to a opinion

How on earth do you infer from my post that I think the past few years were better? This is the kind of bizarre nonsense that's making the board intolerable, not a few people expressing minor concern.

Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:09 - Aug 15 with 1911 viewsMattinLondon

Wake up and smell the coffee on 20:46 - Aug 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Without wishing or wanting to start an argument with you - what do you mean by ‘Unnecessarily negative’?
Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:18 - Aug 15 with 1856 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:09 - Aug 15 by MattinLondon

Without wishing or wanting to start an argument with you - what do you mean by ‘Unnecessarily negative’?

Asking questions about the meaning of specific phrases.

That is unnecessarily negative!

To be fair, I find it odd how different people seem so polarised about that last match. I thought it sounded like we were the better side and deserved at least a draw but others clearly didn't. Joe whose view is well respected was one. Another stated we created nothing which was odd from a team that scored, hot the bar and had a penalty saved. However the fact it was a trolling comment was confirmed when Blubfish doubled down on it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:38 - Aug 15 with 1770 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

The same excuses for managerial failure? by MattinLondon 10 Aug 2021 22:19
Last season Cook was appalling - both the results and performances were poor - but his reputation was relatively unaffected. And today, I’ve read a number of comments stating that the result didn’t matter and that the match was entertaining.

So, why will questions be asked about Paul Cook’s position? Surly, by mid-September at the latest if the team is ‘still in progress’ then he should be sacked?

This kinda thing.
Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:42 - Aug 15 with 1744 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

No argument here bud. Peace and love.

By ‘unnecessary negative’, I mean exaggeration. People can easily say the first half yesterday was disappointing and we didn’t deserve to win. That would be fair. But coming on here and saying we were ‘deservedly beaten’, ‘did absolutely nothing in the second half’ and that ‘there was literally no green shoots at all’ is just exaggerative nonsense that helps nobody and paints an inaccurate picture to those who weren’t there.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:42 - Aug 15 with 1726 viewsjayessess

Not sure "wake up and smell the coffee" is quite the idiom you're looking for here.
Usually it means "grasp an uncomfortable or unappetising reality" and there's nothing uncomfortable or unappetising about deciding "everything is really good now".

I clicked on the thread expecting it to be doom, gloom and moaning!
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 21:49]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:52 - Aug 15 with 1694 viewsEireannach_gorm

Perceived?
Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:53 - Aug 15 with 1693 viewsBarcaBlue

Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:18 - Aug 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Asking questions about the meaning of specific phrases.

That is unnecessarily negative!

To be fair, I find it odd how different people seem so polarised about that last match. I thought it sounded like we were the better side and deserved at least a draw but others clearly didn't. Joe whose view is well respected was one. Another stated we created nothing which was odd from a team that scored, hot the bar and had a penalty saved. However the fact it was a trolling comment was confirmed when Blubfish doubled down on it.

I certainly wasn't trolling when I said I couldn't remember any clear cut chances, and it was in response to a post about how we battered Burton second half.

I watched the match, I wasn't listening on the radio. Edwards hit the bar from 30 yards or so. It may have been a cross, or a shot but it wasn't a clear cut chance. The penalty was soft but seen plenty like that given, the player though was going away from goal and wasn't in a crossing or shooting position. The own goal came from a free kick just outside the area. We really didn't create anything of note. That's my take on having seen the match - can anyone think of a chance created that I missed?
Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:55 - Aug 15 with 1670 viewschrismakin

Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:53 - Aug 15 by BarcaBlue

I certainly wasn't trolling when I said I couldn't remember any clear cut chances, and it was in response to a post about how we battered Burton second half.

I watched the match, I wasn't listening on the radio. Edwards hit the bar from 30 yards or so. It may have been a cross, or a shot but it wasn't a clear cut chance. The penalty was soft but seen plenty like that given, the player though was going away from goal and wasn't in a crossing or shooting position. The own goal came from a free kick just outside the area. We really didn't create anything of note. That's my take on having seen the match - can anyone think of a chance created that I missed?

surely gaining a freekick in an advanced position is due to creating an attacking opportunity? if you get a pen, it's because you've had an attacking phase of play...

Lots of people are basing things soley on shots on target, I understand why, but compared to sitting in our own half of last year, at least we're getting in the final third alot more this time around and creating opportunities. The opportunties may not have resulting in to many shots on target yet, but with more games etc it'll come.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:59 - Aug 15 with 1632 viewsjayessess

Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:53 - Aug 15 by BarcaBlue

Shaded it on xG seemingly:

Can feel a bit more disappointed that we drew with Morecambe:
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 22:27]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:59 - Aug 15 with 1644 viewsBarcaBlue

Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:55 - Aug 15 by chrismakin

surely gaining a freekick in an advanced position is due to creating an attacking opportunity? if you get a pen, it's because you've had an attacking phase of play...

Lots of people are basing things soley on shots on target, I understand why, but compared to sitting in our own half of last year, at least we're getting in the final third alot more this time around and creating opportunities. The opportunties may not have resulting in to many shots on target yet, but with more games etc it'll come.

Did you watch the game? If so, give me an example of a clear cut chance we created.
Wake up and smell the coffee on 22:02 - Aug 15 with 1613 viewsHARRY10

hey man, lay on that dated cliche.....daddio
Wake up and smell the coffee on 22:19 - Aug 15 with 1536 viewschrismakin

Wake up and smell the coffee on 21:59 - Aug 15 by BarcaBlue

Did you watch the game? If so, give me an example of a clear cut chance we created.

I didn't say anything about clear cut chances.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Wake up and smell the coffee on 22:30 - Aug 15 with 1475 viewsskankerman

Wake up and smell the coffee on 22:19 - Aug 15 by chrismakin

I didn't say anything about clear cut chances.

How can you base the last match performance over the past few years
Bonkers a great bar in 1990's Tenerife South
Wake up and smell the coffee on 22:35 - Aug 15 with 1441 viewsskankerman

Few bumps on the road but the club will improve greatly
Under Evan's we was ITFC and sinking quickly
Up the Blues
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024