Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Edwards 19:59 - Aug 22 with 1706 viewschrismakin

How much could a league 1 side get for him..

I can't imagine getting past Jan without a bid coming in for him.

How on earth we have got him in league 1 is a masterpiece from Ashton.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So Edwards on 20:01 - Aug 22 with 1674 viewshoppy

On a 3 year contract, we wouldn't have to entertain selling him if we want to have a chance of getting out of this division, whether we have bids or not.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So Edwards on 20:04 - Aug 22 with 1651 viewschrismakin

So Edwards on 20:01 - Aug 22 by hoppy

On a 3 year contract, we wouldn't have to entertain selling him if we want to have a chance of getting out of this division, whether we have bids or not.

Appreciate that, but what level of bid could you ask for at this level?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So Edwards on 20:27 - Aug 22 with 1514 viewschicoazul

Yeah he’s utterly transformed us and we are smashing teams now aren’t we.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So Edwards on 20:28 - Aug 22 with 1519 viewsWD19

Looking at this lot, I would say about £3m.

I can’t imagine it will be a real problem until next summer, when our buy to sell model will be in full evidence.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB3/saison
So Edwards on 20:32 - Aug 22 with 1479 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So Edwards on 20:01 - Aug 22 by hoppy

You will need to accept that our model will likely rely on selling one of out best players each season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So Edwards on 20:33 - Aug 22 with 1467 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So Edwards on 20:04 - Aug 22 by chrismakin

Appreciate that, but what level of bid could you ask for at this level?

Not much on the back of 3 matches.

Needs to show it consistently over a decent period of time.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So Edwards on 20:33 - Aug 22 with 1463 viewsJ2BLUE

So Edwards on 20:28 - Aug 22 by WD19

I can’t imagine it will be a real problem until next summer, when our buy to sell model will be in full evidence.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB3/saison

What buy to sell model? You're talking nonsense.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So Edwards on 20:40 - Aug 22 with 1421 viewsWD19

So Edwards on 20:33 - Aug 22 by J2BLUE

Happy to revisit this thread again next summer.
Login to get fewer ads

So Edwards on 20:46 - Aug 22 with 1388 viewsJ2BLUE

So Edwards on 20:40 - Aug 22 by WD19

Happy to revisit this thread again next summer.

You think a pension fund have bought us to sell on league one players for an extra half a million? Come off it. It's absolute peanuts compared to getting to the Prem.

Truly impaired.

So Edwards on 20:52 - Aug 22 with 1342 viewsWD19

So Edwards on 20:46 - Aug 22 by J2BLUE

You think a pension fund have bought us to sell on league one players for an extra half a million? Come off it. It's absolute peanuts compared to getting to the Prem.

It’s an investment, not a mindlesss gamble. They will want (as much as possible) for the business to be self funding. If the only interest was getting up they would not be focusing only on players with resale value…..

If we don’t go up I fully expect a couple of players to be sold to fund next summers additions…..as per the Bristol City model.
So Edwards on 20:56 - Aug 22 with 1306 viewsJ2BLUE

So Edwards on 20:52 - Aug 22 by WD19

It’s an investment, not a mindlesss gamble. They will want (as much as possible) for the business to be self funding. If the only interest was getting up they would not be focusing only on players with resale value…..

If we don’t go up I fully expect a couple of players to be sold to fund next summers additions…..as per the Bristol City model.

If the only interest was getting up they would not be focusing only on players with resale value…..

Like the loanees and Aluko?

Come on mate, This doesn't stand up to the slightest bit of critical thought. No doubt they want a profit but it won't be achieved like this. I posted a while back that I had heard from someone reliable what our budget is. You can go back and find the post where I said we'd put a good squad together but save most of our powder for the Championship.

No way has a pension fund come in to sell on league one players.

Truly impaired.

So Edwards on 21:05 - Aug 22 with 1246 viewsSitfcB

So Edwards on 20:33 - Aug 22 by J2BLUE

It’s definitely going to happen and Ashton won’t be as popular when it does

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So Edwards on 21:11 - Aug 22 with 1186 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So Edwards on 21:05 - Aug 22 by SitfcB

It’s definitely going to happen and Ashton won’t be as popular when it does

It will be a business model decision. If the bid gives us funds that will improve us we will do the deal. This Kieron Dyer instead of multiple times more recently where we have wrongly kept players in the face of bids (McGoldrick, Downes, Dozzell?, Jackson, etc).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So Edwards on 22:22 - Aug 22 with 921 viewsGuthrum

So Edwards on 20:28 - Aug 22 by WD19

I doubt we will sell players that are important to the club's further progress up the divisions. After all, that would be counterproductive - and pointless if they then just needed replacing at the same or greater cost.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024