Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just seen the highlights 13:03 - Aug 29 with 2856 viewsTrequartista

You're 2-1 up. You desperately need a win. It's 5 minutes into injury time. The opposition centre-back is 6 foot 3. He has already scored with a header.

And you don't mark him - not one player has been assigned to him or is anywhere near him?

I can't get my head around that.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 13:05]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Just seen the highlights on 13:09 - Aug 29 with 2786 viewshoppy

“ I can't get my head around that.”

Nor could any of our players…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Just seen the highlights on 13:14 - Aug 29 with 2760 viewsKeaneish

Look at Harper and Aluko - both stood there not goal side holding each other’s hand facing the wrong way. Incredible at pro-level really…

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Just seen the highlights on 13:15 - Aug 29 with 2751 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s criminal. And for as much as Cook has failed to impress, need to see some collective nous and leadership from the players.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just seen the highlights (n/t) on 13:19 - Aug 29 with 2720 viewsRyorry

Just seen the highlights on 13:15 - Aug 29 by Illinoisblue

It’s criminal. And for as much as Cook has failed to impress, need to see some collective nous and leadership from the players.

[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 13:20]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just seen the highlights on 13:20 - Aug 29 with 2711 viewsRyorry

And keeper should have been vociferously pointing that out & generally organising our defence.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just seen the highlights on 13:22 - Aug 29 with 2694 viewsTrequartista

Just seen the highlights on 13:14 - Aug 29 by Keaneish

Look at Harper and Aluko - both stood there not goal side holding each other’s hand facing the wrong way. Incredible at pro-level really…

People kind of over-use the term "Sunday League defending" sometimes, but I played sunday league years ago and hand on heart i can never ever remember a time defending a corner where no-one would pick up a tall opposing centre-back. They might totally lose their marker, but they would never just be ignored.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 13:23]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Just seen the highlights on 13:26 - Aug 29 with 2655 viewsKeaneish

Just seen the highlights on 13:22 - Aug 29 by Trequartista

People kind of over-use the term "Sunday League defending" sometimes, but I played sunday league years ago and hand on heart i can never ever remember a time defending a corner where no-one would pick up a tall opposing centre-back. They might totally lose their marker, but they would never just be ignored.

What’s more staggering is the 20 yard unopposed dash he’s had into the box. Three spare defenders along the 6-yard line and none of them spotted it either. Big problems with leadership in that side at the moment.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Just seen the highlights on 14:17 - Aug 29 with 2461 viewsstrikalite

Just seen the highlights on 13:22 - Aug 29 by Trequartista

Do we play this zonal marking from corners? I really hope not...
Login to get fewer ads

Just seen the highlights on 14:31 - Aug 29 with 2414 views44_not_out

Just seen the highlights on 13:20 - Aug 29 by Ryorry

And keeper should have been vociferously pointing that out & generally organising our defence.

Even better, he could’ve caught the initial header…. Game over!
Just seen the highlights on 18:02 - Aug 29 with 2137 viewsbrushhand

we have a central midfield that don't seem to mark or tackle at all. they just get bossed about and look like they are chasing shadows.
from the moment we went two up ,they just dropped deeper and deeper.
why they think playing in front off your own area is a safer option than trying to go forward beggers belief.
Just seen the highlights on 19:01 - Aug 29 with 2018 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just seen the highlights on 13:26 - Aug 29 by Keaneish

What’s more staggering is the 20 yard unopposed dash he’s had into the box. Three spare defenders along the 6-yard line and none of them spotted it either. Big problems with leadership in that side at the moment.

Leadership on the pitch and the defensive coaching side by the looks of it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just seen the highlights on 19:09 - Aug 29 with 1994 viewsitfcjoe

Especially when hed made exactly that same run and missed a free header a bit earlier as well

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just seen the highlights on 19:49 - Aug 29 with 1893 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just seen the highlights on 19:09 - Aug 29 by itfcjoe

Especially when hed made exactly that same run and missed a free header a bit earlier as well

That’s inexcusable. I can’t remember what’s up with Toto, whether he’s crocked or just out of favour, but it’s times like that you want his presence in the box.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just seen the highlights on 19:54 - Aug 29 with 1850 viewschrismakin

Harper, well not sure what he's doing for that Corner
And who else is close by, can't work out but he's facing out own goal..... that is erm, rather odd defending tbh

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Just seen the highlights on 22:40 - Aug 29 with 1685 viewsCuffy81

I thought I might have been overreacting when watching it live, but having watched it again several times it's a complete shocker.

We never seem to learn, Heneghan has already scored once and no one is anywhere near him, he's completely unmarked.

Organisation, leadership and discipline - all lacking atm.
Just seen the highlights on 22:52 - Aug 29 with 1651 viewsbraveblue

I think it is highly likely that someone was supposed to mark him but failed to do so. Simply not Cook to blame.
Just seen the highlights on 22:59 - Aug 29 with 1629 viewsDubtractor

Just seen the highlights on 22:52 - Aug 29 by braveblue

I think it is highly likely that someone was supposed to mark him but failed to do so. Simply not Cook to blame.

Unlikely as we were clearly doing zonal marking for the set pieces.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just seen the highlights on 23:00 - Aug 29 with 1629 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just seen the highlights on 22:52 - Aug 29 by braveblue

The buck stops with Cook.

Either he needs to get the coaching right, the player selection right or whatever it is, but the buck stops with him.

Teams will give away the odd goal, especially when playing attacking football. However, to leak 2 goals each game over 5 matches shows something is not right and needs fixing fast.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024