Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight 19:07 - Nov 3 with 2498 viewsChrisd

‘No excuses from me, Ipswich were brilliant! Paul Cook has got them clicking and they are going to be a real force in L1 this season.’

Fair play to him, he said more but he was very honest.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 7:41]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 19:16 - Nov 3 with 2377 views66notout

Honesty in football? Can’t see that catching on.
Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 19:18 - Nov 3 with 2353 viewsSitfcB

Could you imagine the crying if it was the other way round and Paul Cook was on there after we got battered 4-1!

Sins worth keeping his foot in the door in case football management doesn’t work out ha.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 19:19 - Nov 3 with 2361 viewsLightworker

A full interview from him here and yes he is refreshingly honest and very complimentary towards us.

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 19:26 - Nov 3 with 2281 viewschrismakin

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 19:19 - Nov 3 by Lightworker

A full interview from him here and yes he is refreshingly honest and very complimentary towards us.

He also makes a great point about us scoring from 2 of their set pieces.. It's refreshing to see us having the ability to counter attack, we've had a fairly slow outfield over the years.

What last night showed for me is that we've learnt from each game and as a team we've begun to mix all the opponents styles into our our own and have started to look like we can contend with the tough physical sides.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 19:47 - Nov 3 with 2101 viewsFixed_It

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 19:19 - Nov 3 by Lightworker

Yeah I saw that.

Can you imagine him managing MK Dons? Him and their chairman would look like a Status Quo tribute act!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 19:49 - Nov 3 with 2085 viewswaveneyblue

I've always found him to be a pretty honest genuine guy. Good on him.

He has worked wonders at Wycombe to be honest
Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 19:55 - Nov 3 with 2013 viewsFixed_It

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 19:49 - Nov 3 by waveneyblue

I've always found him to be a pretty honest genuine guy. Good on him.

He has worked wonders at Wycombe to be honest

As the second longest serving manager in the league he can probably afford to be honest. You always get the impression that sour grapes is the preserve of managers who are fesrful of their jobs, trying to justify their failings.
But it is refreshing to see such an honest assessment.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 19:57 - Nov 3 with 1998 viewswkj

I love Ainsworth tbf, as he breaks the mould in almost everything he does. I mean, a long haired biker nerd in a leather jacket?! What's not to love.

Top bloke if you ask me, I bet his success comes in large part due to people skills.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 19:58 - Nov 3 with 2000 viewsChrisd

He’s in the Sky Studio tonight covering the Championship games. That’s the first thing they asked him, ‘What happened last night Gareth?’ I was impressed with how transparent he was with his views about our game. Like I said he was full of praise for us.

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 21:48 - Nov 3 with 1544 viewsPlums

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 19:57 - Nov 3 by wkj

I love Ainsworth tbf, as he breaks the mould in almost everything he does. I mean, a long haired biker nerd in a leather jacket?! What's not to love.

Top bloke if you ask me, I bet his success comes in large part due to people skills.

I wrote to Burley in my late teens, suggesting he sign Ainsworth when he was at Lincoln. He thanked me for my advice but obviously didn't act on it. He's had a good career.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 23:56 - Nov 3 with 1183 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Is he actually part of the Ipswich family?

“We’re”

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 02:24 - Nov 4 with 1070 viewswkj

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 21:48 - Nov 3 by Plums

I wrote to Burley in my late teens, suggesting he sign Ainsworth when he was at Lincoln. He thanked me for my advice but obviously didn't act on it. He's had a good career.

I wrote to Burley in the 00's too - The EADT said we landed a new signing on the front page with a picture of an old lady under it for the main page story.

I pointed it out and questioned his recruitment choices, he had a laugh with it and sent me a signed team photo and appologised that the old lady didn't make the shoot.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 07:29 - Nov 4 with 838 viewsTractorWood

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 19:55 - Nov 3 by Fixed_It

As the second longest serving manager in the league he can probably afford to be honest. You always get the impression that sour grapes is the preserve of managers who are fesrful of their jobs, trying to justify their failings.
But it is refreshing to see such an honest assessment.

Exactly. When people lose that inherent self preservation that seem to just say what's actually going on!

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 07:42 - Nov 4 with 794 viewsChrisd

Complimentary comments from Ainsworth on Gillette Soccer Special tonight on 23:56 - Nov 3 by BasingstokeBlue

Is he actually part of the Ipswich family?

“We’re”

Predictive text for you, such a wonderful thing! 😉

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024