Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question @Phil ... 11:12 - Nov 12 with 880 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I notice that in the twtd pre-match interview with Paul Cook and his comments in the EADT that no one raised the question of Norwood going onto the transfer list. Is that a bit of the club controlling media questioning?

Surely your top scorer of the last two seasons being transfer listed is worthy of a question to the manager?

Unless of course a line of questioning has been completely veto-ed by the club.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Question @Phil ... on 12:02 - Nov 12 with 774 viewsPhilTWTD

He was asked about Norwood the other night said he was still in his plans etc, so I suspect he'd probably have stuck with that line.
Question @Phil ... on 12:07 - Nov 12 with 752 viewshype313

Question @Phil ... on 12:02 - Nov 12 by PhilTWTD

He was asked about Norwood the other night said he was still in his plans etc, so I suspect he'd probably have stuck with that line.

Are you planning a catch up with Frank as he's in Town for a while?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Question @Phil ... on 12:09 - Nov 12 with 747 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Question @Phil ... on 12:02 - Nov 12 by PhilTWTD

Which kind of contradicts the messages we're getting.

I don't really see why if that's the clubs decision (to transfer list him), they can't just make a statement to that effect.

We think it's best for all concerned that James gets an opportuinity to play elsewhere as we felt that a fresh challenge might be best for a player of James' age who has been unlucky with the injuries he's had here. At this stage of James' career getting games is important and currently he can't get that here.

(There. That's all they need to say. No one's rep gets tarnished. No one comes out of it badly. I just don't see the need for the secrecy, mixed messages).

Question @Phil ... on 12:15 - Nov 12 with 701 viewsFixed_It

Question @Phil ... on 12:09 - Nov 12 by OriginalMarkyP

I don't really see why if that's the clubs decision (to transfer list him), they can't just make a statement to that effect.

We think it's best for all concerned that James gets an opportuinity to play elsewhere as we felt that a fresh challenge might be best for a player of James' age who has been unlucky with the injuries he's had here. At this stage of James' career getting games is important and currently he can't get that here.

(There. That's all they need to say. No one's rep gets tarnished. No one comes out of it badly. I just don't see the need for the secrecy, mixed messages).

That's a great idea. Highlight his injuries just before the transfer window opens...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Question @Phil ... on 12:16 - Nov 12 with 692 viewsDubtractor

Why are you so obsessed with Norwood?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Question @Phil ... on 12:29 - Nov 12 with 637 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Question @Phil ... on 12:16 - Nov 12 by Dubtractor

I'm more about the transparency to be honest.

I actually don't mind if he moves on. As long as we have a replacement lined up. Once a player leaves they don't matter to me. However if they are still at the club and can help the club on the pitch I'd like to see them do that and I do think he can very much do a job at this level.

I suspect the club are trying to do a deal for Bonne in the background and aren't coming out and saying well Norwood is defo out at the end of his contract because that gives QPR more leverage in negotiating a bigger fee, because without Norwood, if Bonne leaves we only have Pigott as a senior striker and that's not an ideal situation.

Question @Phil ... on 12:31 - Nov 12 with 620 viewshype313

Question @Phil ... on 12:29 - Nov 12 by OriginalMarkyP

I'm more about the transparency to be honest.

I actually don't mind if he moves on. As long as we have a replacement lined up. Once a player leaves they don't matter to me. However if they are still at the club and can help the club on the pitch I'd like to see them do that and I do think he can very much do a job at this level.

I suspect the club are trying to do a deal for Bonne in the background and aren't coming out and saying well Norwood is defo out at the end of his contract because that gives QPR more leverage in negotiating a bigger fee, because without Norwood, if Bonne leaves we only have Pigott as a senior striker and that's not an ideal situation.

Chill out, the club are in good hands as we saw in the summer, if Evans was still at the helm then you could understand your concerns, but I very much doubt the club will be leaving Cook with one fit Striker.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Question @Phil ... on 12:57 - Nov 12 with 563 viewsGarv

Question @Phil ... on 12:15 - Nov 12 by Fixed_It

That's a great idea. Highlight his injuries just before the transfer window opens...

Not exactly a secret are they?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Question @Phil ... on 17:32 - Nov 12 with 400 viewsChurchman

Question @Phil ... on 12:31 - Nov 12 by hype313

Chill out, the club are in good hands as we saw in the summer, if Evans was still at the helm then you could understand your concerns, but I very much doubt the club will be leaving Cook with one fit Striker.

I think this is the point. It is clear that there is going to continue to be a lot of change off the pitch and on it. Worrying about Norwood, who is hardly ever available for selection anyway, is pointless. The bloke is history, even if nobody wants his services and he sees his contract out here..

Ashton has indicated there will be change in January and that will hopefully strengthen us up front and especially at full back.
Question @Phil ... on 17:37 - Nov 12 with 389 viewsDennyx4

Question @Phil ... on 12:09 - Nov 12 by OriginalMarkyP

Maybe Norwood has asked for the transfer, rather than the club's decision?
Question @Phil ... on 17:41 - Nov 12 with 377 viewsMullet

Question @Phil ... on 12:16 - Nov 12 by Dubtractor

Maybe he runs the burger van near the bus station?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024