Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opinions on the Col U game? 12:00 - Nov 8 with 2100 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Do we think they'll come strong to put one over on us?

Will we pick a team good enough to beat them?

I can't imagine Cook's ego will want the Reject Army to get a result against us.

Also we need a statement after the poor performance against Oldham.

I wonder what the 11 will look like...

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Opinions on the Col U game? on 12:09 - Nov 8 with 2058 viewsBLUEBEAT

The ex town players will be desperate to prove a point

Cook should be looking to prove a point too - that the ex players weren’t good enough

Poll: W or W

Opinions on the Col U game? on 12:16 - Nov 8 with 2035 viewsTractorCam

It will be 11 changes our end. I was interested to see Colchester go full strength against Sudbury, might suggest they'll make some changes too.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Opinions on the Col U game? on 12:18 - Nov 8 with 2017 viewsSitfcB

Whatever 11 plays ‘should’ be enough to beat them. Although that’s never the case with us is it, see Saturday.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Opinions on the Col U game? on 12:22 - Nov 8 with 1980 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Opinions on the Col U game? on 12:18 - Nov 8 by SitfcB

Whatever 11 plays ‘should’ be enough to beat them. Although that’s never the case with us is it, see Saturday.

Unless its an 11 of kids maybe not
Opinions on the Col U game? on 12:28 - Nov 8 with 1941 viewsGarv

If he wants a cup run, despite it only being the trophy, he'll put a good team out and try and win, like he did on Saturday. Hopefully that means no token call ups for academy players who otherwise won't play for the first team.

To be fair to Cook, I don't think he'll let his ego get in the way of his general plan for the squad and selections. He won't want to be embarrassed but I don't think the team he selects will be affected because of it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Opinions on the Col U game? on 12:37 - Nov 8 with 1865 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Should play fringe players IMO. I'm not the least bit interested in this poxy cup or whether we beat Colchester or not, but it might be an opportunity for someone to make a claim for more first team involvement (like El Miz). This sort of game should be their shop window to show what they can do, and give Cook some nice problems.

I'd risk very few of the first team. Imagine if Bonne or Morsy got injured playing in this.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Opinions on the Col U game? on 12:53 - Nov 8 with 1799 viewsSharkey

Colchester have no game at the weekend

They will almost certainly play Jake Turner in goal. (He's highly rated, and was probably the outstanding goalkeeper in League 2 last season, helping Morecambe get off to a flyer before being recalled by Newcastle in January.) Gerken might be on the bench if they've let George take a holiday.

Dobra is away on international duty.(Probably Tommy Smith too.)

As for the 'reject army', I can see Sears being given a full week off. He's been getting better and better this season, was classy again against Sudbury, and has nothing to prove.

Presumably Chambers and Eastman will play. Not sure who the next in line is in central defence, - probably Frankie Terry. (Nephew of John.)

Noublé has been badly out of sorts all season, like a batsman whose timing is all wrong. He even managed to get booked in his ten-minute shift against Sudbury when the U's were 3-0 up. Needs to play, probably out wide.

Judge has been out for three or four weeks, with some sort of calf problem. If he plays at all, doubtful it would be more than a half.

Skuse has played just about every minute of every game. I guess he'll just be asked if he wants to play or not. (I doubt he's any more 'desperate to prove a point' than Bonne is.) He's the most difficult man for the U's to replace.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2021 13:01]
Opinions on the Col U game? on 13:24 - Nov 8 with 1686 viewsChrisd

Whatever changes PC does make, then you look at our squad and it should be good enough to get the job done against Colchester. Make no mistake, it won't be easy as some have already highlighted, there's plenty of players in Colchester's side who have a point to prove and they'll be fired up, perhaps a little more than usual.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2021 13:29]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Opinions on the Col U game? on 13:35 - Nov 8 with 1616 viewsjayessess

I presume one of the reasons we didn't mix it up Saturday was because the second XI lads would get a game Tuesday anyway.

He'll pick anyone who isn't starting Saturday: Hladky: KVY, Woolf, Burgess, Kenlock; El Miz, Harper; Aluko, Fraser, Jackon; Pigott

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Opinions on the Col U game? on 13:44 - Nov 8 with 1562 viewsSharkey

Opinions on the Col U game? on 13:24 - Nov 8 by Chrisd

Whatever changes PC does make, then you look at our squad and it should be good enough to get the job done against Colchester. Make no mistake, it won't be easy as some have already highlighted, there's plenty of players in Colchester's side who have a point to prove and they'll be fired up, perhaps a little more than usual.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2021 13:29]

The most fired up will be the likes of Tovide, Tchamadeu, Cooper, and McCoulsky, -people trying to prove they're worth a place in the team. People like Chambers ,Sears and Daniels, if selected, will spend their time trying to guide them. It's not like they're all going to be stepping into a white-hot atmosphere.
Opinions on the Col U game? on 17:02 - Nov 8 with 1252 viewsrgp1

Opinions on the Col U game? on 13:44 - Nov 8 by Sharkey

The most fired up will be the likes of Tovide, Tchamadeu, Cooper, and McCoulsky, -people trying to prove they're worth a place in the team. People like Chambers ,Sears and Daniels, if selected, will spend their time trying to guide them. It's not like they're all going to be stepping into a white-hot atmosphere.

Does anyone have any idea what the turnout will be like?
Opinions on the Col U game? on 17:31 - Nov 8 with 1194 viewsSharkey

Opinions on the Col U game? on 17:02 - Nov 8 by rgp1

Does anyone have any idea what the turnout will be like?

I'm guessing small... but I was surprised that when I bought my ticket today (for the 'away end') I was told that the only ones left were 'restricted view'.
Opinions on the Col U game? on 18:16 - Nov 8 with 1106 viewschrismakin

Hladky
Kvy
Wolfenden
Burgess
Kenlock

Idris
Humphries

Aluko
Harper
Barry

Pigott

Something like this I think it will be.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Opinions on the Col U game? on 10:37 - Nov 9 with 855 viewsColchester_fan

Opinions on the Col U game? on 18:16 - Nov 8 by chrismakin

Hladky
Kvy
Wolfenden
Burgess
Kenlock

Idris
Humphries

Aluko
Harper
Barry

Pigott

Something like this I think it will be.

I think we will play quite a few youngsters against your guys tonight, very few fans or clubs give a monkeys about this competition really. Last I heard we had sold around 300 tickets for this game so that shows how little interest there is down here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024