Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket priority 10:19 - Jan 11 with 1654 viewsbluelagos

Going forward, and looking forward to increased demand for grounds with limited away allocations, like Barcelona or Monaco, do you think the club should introduce some sort of priority scheme based on previous attendance?

I for one will be peeved if I miss out on the Nou Camp to some "new comer" when I have been in attendance at half a dozen League one grounds.

Is this summer time for the club to ditch the gold card scam and simply give priority based on previous attendance at away games?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Ticket priority on 10:22 - Jan 11 with 1612 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Tbf are you a new comer if you have a gold card? Dont you need a ST to get a gold card? If so the tickets are going to fans who attend games

Hopefully we won't be in this league for much longer and we can get to some bigger grounds!
Ticket priority on 10:55 - Jan 11 with 1545 viewsclive_baker

April 2026. There we're all stood at Old Trafford as we go 3-0 up, putting us top of the Premier league and on our way to the title. 8,000 jubilant town fans chanting McKenna's name, Indonesia going wild, while the despondent home supporters break into a rendition of 'where were you when you were sh1t'.

I was at Wimledon on a Tuesday night, mate.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ticket priority on 10:57 - Jan 11 with 1524 viewsbluelagos

Ticket priority on 10:55 - Jan 11 by clive_baker

April 2026. There we're all stood at Old Trafford as we go 3-0 up, putting us top of the Premier league and on our way to the title. 8,000 jubilant town fans chanting McKenna's name, Indonesia going wild, while the despondent home supporters break into a rendition of 'where were you when you were sh1t'.

I was at Wimledon on a Tuesday night, mate.

My point exactly.

Grimsby on a Wednesday night, no one can ever take that away...

Ticket priority on 10:59 - Jan 11 with 1510 viewsSaleAway

Ticket priority on 10:57 - Jan 11 by bluelagos

My point exactly.

Grimsby on a Wednesday night, no one can ever take that away...

if you've not stood on the accrington terrace, soaking wet, watching us lose... again, then no tickets for you.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Ticket priority on 11:01 - Jan 11 with 1494 viewsbluelagos

Ticket priority on 10:59 - Jan 11 by SaleAway

if you've not stood on the accrington terrace, soaking wet, watching us lose... again, then no tickets for you.

I raise you the two Oldham away games in the late 80s. Never has a football terrace been so wet, cold and exposed.

Ticket priority on 11:19 - Jan 11 with 1438 viewsITFC_Forever

Ticket priority on 11:01 - Jan 11 by bluelagos

I raise you the two Oldham away games in the late 80s. Never has a football terrace been so wet, cold and exposed.

Port Vale, 1st Jan 1990. 0-5 and a long (and wet) way home.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ticket priority on 11:55 - Jan 11 with 1360 viewsbluelagos

Ticket priority on 11:19 - Jan 11 by ITFC_Forever

Port Vale, 1st Jan 1990. 0-5 and a long (and wet) way home.

These younguns haven't lived have they.

Anyone remember the bogs at Barnsley? Was an outside wall, no roof and they had simply painted the wall black where you were supposed to p*ss.

All whilst stood in p*ss puddles from the previous visotors that day. TWTD

Ticket priority on 12:04 - Jan 11 with 1335 viewsPJH

Ticket priority on 11:55 - Jan 11 by bluelagos

Anyone remember the bogs at Barnsley? Was an outside wall, no roof and they had simply painted the wall black where you were supposed to p*ss.

Luxury!

We used to dream of standing in puddles of p*ss at Barnsley.....
Login to get fewer ads

Ticket priority on 12:10 - Jan 11 with 1314 viewsxrayspecs

Why are gold cards a scam? Our priority system is based on how many games you are committing to attend plus whether you are prepared to pay for preferential access.

You have ST holder who are committed to going home and away every week (Ultimate membership)
You have ST holders who are committed to going to home games and have paid for prioty access to away games (Gold)
You have ST holder who are committed to going to home games but have not paid for priority access away games (ST holder)
You have casual fans who are not committed each week but are prepared to pay to have preferential access (Silver)
You have causal fans who make no commitment and are not prepared to pay
Looking back.. on 12:11 - Jan 11 with 1311 viewsunstableblue

.... I remember the season of promotion to the Premier League I attended home and away.. but did NOT have a season ticket...

Fortunately I think they changed the Wembley allocation approach to reward attendance, so I just sneaked in... I think I remember faxing (yes faxing) loads of ticket stubs to prove it, and generally begging.

Then when we sold out ALL season tickets for the first Premier League season.. I managed to get two, again by proving the volume of games I'd been to in the promotion.

Have to take the above with a pinch of salt.. as memory is hazy

To your point, won't be a problem getting a season ticket for next years Championship promotion campaign..... but the club should provide some way of recording those non season ticket holders attendance scale to support the sell-out of season tickets for the 23/24 premiership season, this will become more challenging for the 24/25 Champions League campaign

NURSE, NURSE - increase the DOSE

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Ticket priority on 12:32 - Jan 11 with 1251 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Has everyone had their superfan letters through for Sheff Weds away yet? Mine arrived this morning!

Think we’ll head up on the train and make a weekend of it.
Ticket priority on 12:32 - Jan 11 with 1249 viewsChateauWines

Ticket priority on 12:04 - Jan 11 by PJH

Luxury!

We used to dream of standing in puddles of p*ss at Barnsley.....

Proper stewards pet aren't we!

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Ticket priority on 12:59 - Jan 11 with 1196 viewsPendejo

Ticket priority on 11:55 - Jan 11 by bluelagos

See also St. Andrews mid80s, at least by being open air removed the possibility of passing out due to the fines from the push.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Ticket priority on 13:46 - Jan 11 with 1131 viewsbluelagos

Ticket priority on 12:10 - Jan 11 by xrayspecs

Why are gold cards a scam? Our priority system is based on how many games you are committing to attend plus whether you are prepared to pay for preferential access.

You have ST holder who are committed to going home and away every week (Ultimate membership)
You have ST holders who are committed to going to home games and have paid for prioty access to away games (Gold)
You have ST holder who are committed to going to home games but have not paid for priority access away games (ST holder)
You have casual fans who are not committed each week but are prepared to pay to have preferential access (Silver)
You have causal fans who make no commitment and are not prepared to pay

The gold card does not prioritise tickets based on attendance or money spent.

So you could have been to every away match this season and miss out on Wimbledon whilst someone else, who has paid £20, gets priority over you.

At present being in Div 1, our system doesn't see too many times when people miss out, so no massive problem. But in the future I reckon we should adopt a system that recognises and rewards those who go to the most away games, as pretty much every team in the Premiership (for Hoppy) have.

Ticket priority on 13:59 - Jan 11 with 1104 viewsxrayspecs

Ticket priority on 13:46 - Jan 11 by bluelagos

The gold card does not prioritise tickets based on attendance or money spent.

So you could have been to every away match this season and miss out on Wimbledon whilst someone else, who has paid £20, gets priority over you.

At present being in Div 1, our system doesn't see too many times when people miss out, so no massive problem. But in the future I reckon we should adopt a system that recognises and rewards those who go to the most away games, as pretty much every team in the Premiership (for Hoppy) have.

I accept it is not perfect but it is not a scam either.

The club have in the past used previous away match attendance for ticket allocation to Norwich fixtures and other marches, and could do this again this season. This is a bit of an admin burden so not worth doing for all fixtures. This too is not perfect as only ticket sales via the club website are counted. Purchases on the day at the ground and tickets in the home end will not appear on my record even though I attended the fixture..
Ticket priority on 14:00 - Jan 11 with 1100 viewsbluelagos

Ticket priority on 13:59 - Jan 11 by xrayspecs

I accept it is not perfect but it is not a scam either.

The club have in the past used previous away match attendance for ticket allocation to Norwich fixtures and other marches, and could do this again this season. This is a bit of an admin burden so not worth doing for all fixtures. This too is not perfect as only ticket sales via the club website are counted. Purchases on the day at the ground and tickets in the home end will not appear on my record even though I attended the fixture..

I wasn't being wholly serious when I labelled it a scam.

Looking back.. on 14:14 - Jan 11 with 1066 viewsitfc_bucks

Looking back.. on 12:11 - Jan 11 by unstableblue

.... I remember the season of promotion to the Premier League I attended home and away.. but did NOT have a season ticket...

Fortunately I think they changed the Wembley allocation approach to reward attendance, so I just sneaked in... I think I remember faxing (yes faxing) loads of ticket stubs to prove it, and generally begging.

Then when we sold out ALL season tickets for the first Premier League season.. I managed to get two, again by proving the volume of games I'd been to in the promotion.

Have to take the above with a pinch of salt.. as memory is hazy

To your point, won't be a problem getting a season ticket for next years Championship promotion campaign..... but the club should provide some way of recording those non season ticket holders attendance scale to support the sell-out of season tickets for the 23/24 premiership season, this will become more challenging for the 24/25 Champions League campaign

NURSE, NURSE - increase the DOSE

I was a proper scallywag of a yoof (13 or 14, I think) when we last went to Wembley. Queued around PR to get our ticket and only I was entitled to one, as a Junior Blue. Old man wasn't a member and my brother supported Newcastle, but we all wanted to go, obviously.

Got to the desk to order them and the old man tried to get us all tickets. Sales bod said no, it was just the one. Old boy carried on trying to convince sales bod, eventually sales bod pointed a manager out and said to speak to him.

Off we go, pops tells me to give my membership card to my 10 yr old brother and to shut up.

Dad explains that he's not comfortable with sending his young son into Wembley alone, can we get at least one adult ticket. Management bod says not a problem, make it happen.

We go back to sales bod and said the bloke has said yes to all three of us going, sales bod shouts manager "did you say yes to them?" Manager gives thumbs up and the crime was done.

WEEEEEEEEEMMMBLEEEEEYYYYYY, WEEEEEEEEEMMMBLEEEEEYYYYYY - WE ARE THE MIGHTY IPSWICH AND WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024