Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League Table: This time last year 11:00 - Jan 26 with 1866 viewswkj

Actually, this was 10th of Feb, but it is much closer in terms of games played to where we are now.

The promoted teams are in yellow. (Red as automatic)
Blue are the teams that were in the playoffs.

We're very much in this.

[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 11:08]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

League Table: This time last year on 11:08 - Jan 26 with 1770 viewsFrankfurtBlue

I get what you are trying to say, but two things occur.

One, Peterborough went up, not Lincoln.

More importantly, Blackpool had enough games in hand to climb to 6th without having to hope that other games went their way. Having said that, there are still enough games left for us that if we beat our closest rivals and carry on the form that Kieran has brought us, we will make the play-offs. Big ifs, but the early signs are great.
League Table: This time last year on 11:12 - Jan 26 with 1715 viewswkj

League Table: This time last year on 11:08 - Jan 26 by FrankfurtBlue

More importantly, Blackpool had enough games in hand to climb to 6th without having to hope that other games went their way. Having said that, there are still enough games left for us that if we beat our closest rivals and carry on the form that Kieran has brought us, we will make the play-offs. Big ifs, but the early signs are great.

I misaligned my marker, so fixed that while you were replying.

Even if we consider the game debt of Blackpool, it shows how only 1 team that featured in the playoffs were in the top six this time last year.

Crybaby

League Table: This time last year on 11:13 - Jan 26 with 1706 viewstractordownsouth

Looking at that it's amazing that Blackpool finished above Lincoln

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

League Table: This time last year on 11:13 - Jan 26 with 1702 viewsusm

Wow, look where Blackpool came from !!!
Its doable for us, but probably unlikely - we are better but far from the finished article and we'll need to improve appreciably and consistently to get there, but there is hope and signs.
COYFBs

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

League Table: This time last year on 11:18 - Jan 26 with 1672 viewswkj

League Table: This time last year on 11:13 - Jan 26 by tractordownsouth

Lincoln just divebombed last year, as a consequence of a small squad iirc. OUr squad depth may be our saving grace for these final games.

Crybaby

League Table: This time last year on 11:20 - Jan 26 with 1655 viewsGuthrum

Thing about games in hand is you have to win them. We have already banked the three points several times recently. They are needing to chase us (or run to keep ahead).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

League Table: This time last year on 11:22 - Jan 26 with 1648 viewswkj

League Table: This time last year on 11:20 - Jan 26 by Guthrum

Thing about games in hand is you have to win them. We have already banked the three points several times recently. They are needing to chase us (or run to keep ahead).

Also... we were sat with some games in hand for quite some time last year. I think the weight of expectation in that situation can have seriously negative effects on a chasing team.

Crybaby

League Table: This time last year on 11:24 - Jan 26 with 1617 viewsElderGrizzly

Look how Doncaster have bombed this season compared to last. What happened there?
Login to get fewer ads

League Table: This time last year on 11:25 - Jan 26 with 1614 viewsSwansea_Blue

I posted last night that I now believe for the first time this season that we have a chance. The way a few teams around the fringes of the playoffs have dropped points lately, combined with us being refreshed, has changed everything.

A long way to go still of course, but with a nice little run of 'easier' games coming up.

McK will be the messiah if he salvages something from this season (and in demand elsewhere).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

League Table: This time last year on 11:27 - Jan 26 with 1593 viewswkj

League Table: This time last year on 11:24 - Jan 26 by ElderGrizzly

Look how Doncaster have bombed this season compared to last. What happened there?

I was talking about this the other day. Doncaster have just s*it the bed this season in spectacular fashion.

Crybaby

League Table: This time last year on 11:30 - Jan 26 with 1569 viewsElderGrizzly

League Table: This time last year on 11:27 - Jan 26 by wkj

I was talking about this the other day. Doncaster have just s*it the bed this season in spectacular fashion.

Obviously Burton and Wigan have done the opposite.

This league is weird
League Table: This time last year on 11:38 - Jan 26 with 1508 viewsFtnfwest

Happy to enjoy it one game at a time at the moment. Saturday will be difficult to get anything i think but interesting to see the team/approach by KM.
League Table: This time last year on 11:42 - Jan 26 with 1487 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The difference this year, is that for the first time in recent memory, we have some momentum. Certainly at a level not seen under Cook.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

League Table: This time last year on 11:47 - Jan 26 with 1444 viewsHighgateBlue

Absolutely. I was looking at that table thinking that it's very bunched up from 6th to 17th and so it's entirely possible to sneak into 6th, but of course Blackpool managed to finish 3rd!

I think without a change of manager there just wasn't any evidence that anything would change enough. The Jan transfer window would've come too late even if recruitment had been substantial, and I fear it wouldn't have been, given Cook's early doors visit to the sweet shop.

But with a very obvious change in form starting with K-Mac's arrival, there's plenty of evidence that we can manage to sneak or even blast into the playoffs. We're surely still odds against, but it's well possible, and while it's possible, we should be pedal to the metal.

Next: two massive six-pointers, book-ending two eminently winnable ties. I'd take 8 points from those 4, all day long.
League Table: This time last year on 11:52 - Jan 26 with 1420 viewsElderGrizzly

League Table: This time last year on 11:42 - Jan 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

The difference this year, is that for the first time in recent memory, we have some momentum. Certainly at a level not seen under Cook.

Agree. We won 2 games in a row once in 40+ games with Cook. Never had any momentum last season or this.

McKenna has won 2 in a row twice in 5 games.

We need to push on and 16/17 points from the next 7 are a minimum
League Table: This time last year on 12:23 - Jan 26 with 1330 viewsBluroo

We're now 2nd in the form table with 13 points from 6 games (Wigan top with 16).

Plymouth, Oxford and Wed only have 7, Portsmouth only 6. MK Dons 11, Wycombe 10.

On 28th December, the day before KM's first game, we were 10 points off 6th (Oxford) and they had a game in hand. Now were 5 points off 6th (Oxford) who still have a game in hand.

The least we could say is that on present form we are on course.

The next 7 games to the end of Feb look like a potentially good harvest, with massive away games against Wed and Dons.
League Table: This time last year on 12:41 - Jan 26 with 1258 viewsHighgateBlue

League Table: This time last year on 11:38 - Jan 26 by Ftnfwest

Happy to enjoy it one game at a time at the moment. Saturday will be difficult to get anything i think but interesting to see the team/approach by KM.

Saturday is a difficult game, and a crucial one for sure. We're above them in the form tables, but they've only lost one league game at home all season. Wycombe have an even better home record though, so it's all possible!

COYB
League Table: This time last year on 12:52 - Jan 26 with 1194 viewsbackwaywhen

Their manager left them for Sheffield Weds I believe.
League Table: This time last year on 12:52 - Jan 26 with 1189 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

League Table: This time last year on 11:18 - Jan 26 by wkj

Lincoln just divebombed last year, as a consequence of a small squad iirc. OUr squad depth may be our saving grace for these final games.

For clubs like Lincoln, and even us to some extent. A League 1 season can be defined by the quality of your loan recruits.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

League Table: This time last year on 12:53 - Jan 26 with 1183 viewsjayessess

Indeed Blackpool won games 25, 26, 27 and 28, so were on 44 points by the time they matched our 28 games, 3 points better off than we are.

Good news is they qualified for the play-offs with 6 points to spare.
Bad news is that their quarry at the time (Portsmouth) had 52 points from 31 games, which Oxford (46 points from 27 thus far) and MK Dons (49 points from 28) are likely to exceed.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

League Table: This time last year on 12:55 - Jan 26 with 1167 viewstractordownsouth

Their loss of Ben Whiteman to Preston in January last year hurt them a lot - they were on a bit of a slide even before Darren Moore got poached. I think they were very reliant on loanees as well, similar to Lincoln with Brennan Johnson and Morgan Rogers.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

League Table: This time last year on 13:04 - Jan 26 with 1122 viewsC_Jam_Blue

That's really interesting wkj and shows just how volatile this league is over a whole season. Interesting to see that 3 of the 4 playoff teams had the same points or less than we do just now. Love that we have scored 17 more goals this season (10 more conceded not so good). Form table looks good. Cause for optimism while still accepting we could finish 15th in this crazy league.

GP W D L GF GA GD Pts Opponents PPG
1 Wigan Athletic 6 5 1 0 13 8 +5 16 1.14

2 Ipswich Town 6 4 1 1 10 4 +6 13 1.22

3 Rotherham 6 4 0 2 7 4 +3 12 1.18

4 Sunderland 6 3 2 1 14 7 +7 11 1.49

5 Milton Keynes 6 3 2 1 5 3 +2 11 1.20

6 Lincoln City 6 3 1 2 11 8 +3 10 1.67

7 Wycombe 6 3 1 2 10 7 +3 10 1.46
League Table: This time last year on 13:21 - Jan 26 with 1049 viewsTangledupin_Blue

League Table: This time last year on 12:55 - Jan 26 by tractordownsouth

Their loss of Ben Whiteman to Preston in January last year hurt them a lot - they were on a bit of a slide even before Darren Moore got poached. I think they were very reliant on loanees as well, similar to Lincoln with Brennan Johnson and Morgan Rogers.

Indeed so.

They did terribly in the second half of last season.

In the table above they are 9 points ahead of us with a gsme in hand. Didn't we overtake them, even with Cook throwing in the towel for us...?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

League Table: This time last year on 13:46 - Jan 26 with 964 viewsBluroo

12 wins from our remaining 18 will see us to 75 points, I reckon that'll be enough.
Our current form is 4/5 so 5/15 pro rata and 3 games to spare.
In theory we don't need to beat anyone else above us as that is 5 of the games.

I'd definitely take draws against Sheff Wed and MK Dons away if offered them now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024