Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? 12:28 - May 23 with 3335 viewsfooters

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 12:59 - May 23 with 1506 viewsleitrimblue

You've missed out the boxty option Footers. I can barely eat a fry without a kerrygold covered boxty. It's possibly Leitrims greatest export. Also does a great job of forming a solid barrier between egg yolk and beans. Of the options You've given it as to be bubble an squeak though
Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:01 - May 23 with 1504 viewshoppy

Hash browns probably wins by way of popularity/regularity... but if it's solely on which is preferable, then bubble and squeak all the way.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:05 - May 23 with 1488 viewsfooters

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 12:59 - May 23 by leitrimblue

You've missed out the boxty option Footers. I can barely eat a fry without a kerrygold covered boxty. It's possibly Leitrims greatest export. Also does a great job of forming a solid barrier between egg yolk and beans. Of the options You've given it as to be bubble an squeak though

Ah! Of course!

I had also thought potato waffles may have been on some heathen's plates. So another omission.

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:05 - May 23 with 1490 viewsIllinoisblue

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:01 - May 23 by hoppy

Hash browns probably wins by way of popularity/regularity... but if it's solely on which is preferable, then bubble and squeak all the way.

I think clarification is needed on hash browns. Are we taking the shredded potatoes often served with cheese, or the rectangle shaped hash brown?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:06 - May 23 with 1483 viewsfooters

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:01 - May 23 by hoppy

Totally concur, hoppers. Bubble all the way for me. Although my local greasy spoon could use a few pointers...

Just out here asking the important questions, as ever.

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:07 - May 23 with 1477 viewsfooters

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:05 - May 23 by Illinoisblue

I think clarification is needed on hash browns. Are we taking the shredded potatoes often served with cheese, or the rectangle shaped hash brown?

Was thinking of the latter but aren't those ones Stateside more like a rosti? Those look decent tbf.

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:11 - May 23 with 1457 viewsIllinoisblue

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:07 - May 23 by footers

Was thinking of the latter but aren't those ones Stateside more like a rosti? Those look decent tbf.

They are magnificent, perfect hangover fodder.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:13 - May 23 with 1454 viewsleitrimblue

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:05 - May 23 by footers

Ah! Of course!

I had also thought potato waffles may have been on some heathen's plates. So another omission.

I'm very proud to say I don't think I have seen a potato waffle in the flesh since 1991. Its reassuring knowing yer here asking the important questions in life.
Login to get fewer ads

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:24 - May 23 with 1417 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

No option for potato waffles? A good addition to a cooked breakfast!
Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:28 - May 23 with 1394 viewsfooters

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:24 - May 23 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:32 - May 23 with 1381 viewsleitrimblue

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:24 - May 23 by SuperKieranMcKenna

You wait til you try the taste sensation known as pot noodle James, gonna blow yer mind
Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:47 - May 23 with 1332 viewswkj

I've honestly never heard of Bubble and Squeek for brekkie - as much as I like it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:04 - May 23 with 1283 viewsLord_Lucan

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 13:06 - May 23 by footers

Totally concur, hoppers. Bubble all the way for me. Although my local greasy spoon could use a few pointers...

Just out here asking the important questions, as ever.

I would say Bubble and Squeak but IMHO it should be a full dish of it and not just a side.

I tend to cook it as a whole breakfast dish with all the leftover veg from a roast lunch including of course roast potatoes.

Importantly the contents should be roughly chopped and certainly not blitzed and absolutely must include sprouts.

If it is the leftover remnants from a chicken roast I might even add some stuffing — but no meat.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:12 - May 23 with 1261 viewsjeera

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:04 - May 23 by Lord_Lucan

I would say Bubble and Squeak but IMHO it should be a full dish of it and not just a side.

I tend to cook it as a whole breakfast dish with all the leftover veg from a roast lunch including of course roast potatoes.

Importantly the contents should be roughly chopped and certainly not blitzed and absolutely must include sprouts.

If it is the leftover remnants from a chicken roast I might even add some stuffing — but no meat.

Poached egg atop.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:20 - May 23 with 1254 viewsleitrimblue

A wise man once told me you should always cook 3 times the amount of sprouts you need for a roast so you have plenty left over for a sprout rich bubble an squeak the next day.
Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:22 - May 23 with 1245 viewsfooters

I'm more concerned at the number of people who've voted chips.

They have no place on a breakfast plate.

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:26 - May 23 with 1221 viewsBiGDonnie

Hash browns are god tier food.

Chips can do one in the morning.

If you don't like a tato on your full English, you're missing out.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:26 - May 23 with 1218 viewsParsley

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:22 - May 23 by footers

I'm more concerned at the number of people who've voted chips.

They have no place on a breakfast plate.

Chips are acceptable for a brunch but not a breakfast.

I feel like there should also be some Scottish representation for potato (tattie) scones
Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:27 - May 23 with 1210 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Bubble n squeak.
Pan fried in chilli infused oil with finely diced spring onions, extra chilli flakes and Worcestershire sauce served on top of bacon rashers.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:32 - May 23 with 1191 viewsfactual_blue

You've missed out the 'however the hotel does them. Too much faff to prepare breakfast spuds at home.' option.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:38 - May 23 with 1170 viewsfooters

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:32 - May 23 by factual_blue

You've missed out the 'however the hotel does them. Too much faff to prepare breakfast spuds at home.' option.

I think it's hash browns at Travelodge now.

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:48 - May 23 with 1150 viewsGavTWTD

Leftover spuds from the day before (boiled, mashed or roasted), fried up with eggs and beans. Mum used to do these all the time but I don't tend to have leftovers these days!

I've only tried fried roast potatoes recently. It's more boiled or mashed that I've mostly had. Usually just them in a white bread sandwich. I feel I'm being stupid as this probably has a name in this poll and we never gave it one.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:54 - May 23 with 1135 viewsmylittletown

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:12 - May 23 by jeera

Poached egg atop.

The legendary Lockside Cafe on the Cumberland Basin in Bristol use bubble n squeak instead of a muffin in their Eggs Benedict. That is an epic breakfast dish.
Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:54 - May 23 with 1134 viewswkj

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:48 - May 23 by GavTWTD

Leftover spuds from the day before (boiled, mashed or roasted), fried up with eggs and beans. Mum used to do these all the time but I don't tend to have leftovers these days!

I've only tried fried roast potatoes recently. It's more boiled or mashed that I've mostly had. Usually just them in a white bread sandwich. I feel I'm being stupid as this probably has a name in this poll and we never gave it one.

Mashed potato sandwhich?

Crybaby

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:55 - May 23 with 1132 viewswkj

Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins? on 14:54 - May 23 by mylittletown

The legendary Lockside Cafe on the Cumberland Basin in Bristol use bubble n squeak instead of a muffin in their Eggs Benedict. That is an epic breakfast dish.

Really? I am going to have to seek this one out.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024