Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which EU rules would you get rid of? 09:40 - Jul 17 with 3129 viewsMattinLondon

To the people in the know, which EU rules should we abolish? Just interested to know which of the European laws you think hinders competition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-62194671
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 09:47 - Jul 17 with 1791 viewsThisIsMyUsername

The one about fishing.

TaKe BaCk CoNtRoL oF aRe WaTeRs.

Or the one about bananas.

#getbrexitdone

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 09:51 - Jul 17 with 1765 viewsMattinLondon

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 09:47 - Jul 17 by ThisIsMyUsername

The one about fishing.

TaKe BaCk CoNtRoL oF aRe WaTeRs.

Or the one about bananas.

#getbrexitdone

I do think that Brexit is pointless but I want to hear from brexiteers and which rules they have a problem with and want to see abolished.
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 10:00 - Jul 17 with 1728 viewsKeno

Id ban the rule that allows countries to leave but back date that abolished to before the Brexit vote

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 10:12 - Jul 17 with 1697 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 09:51 - Jul 17 by MattinLondon

I do think that Brexit is pointless but I want to hear from brexiteers and which rules they have a problem with and want to see abolished.

Probably only about 3 people who voted for Brexit could tell you which laws they didn't like, and make a well-reasoned argument for why they were a problem for us.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 10:25 - Jul 17 with 1656 viewsBlueBadger

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 10:12 - Jul 17 by ThisIsMyUsername

Probably only about 3 people who voted for Brexit could tell you which laws they didn't like, and make a well-reasoned argument for why they were a problem for us.

That's an optimistic estimate.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

[Redacted] on 10:32 - Jul 17 with 1618 viewsvictorywilhappen

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 09:51 - Jul 17 by MattinLondon

[Redacted]
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 12:01 - Jul 17 with 1533 viewsBasuco

JRM said the best one was changing the exit signs in the Dartford tunnel changing from metres to yards, which is quite worrying if that is considered the biggest benefit by the minister for brexit opportunities.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 12:02]
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 12:12 - Jul 17 with 1497 viewsgazzer1999

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 10:12 - Jul 17 by ThisIsMyUsername

Don't have a problem with rules, just wish more of the EU abide and implement them as we do/did. One bonus will be lazy companies will have to do more about training young people to do skilled jobs rather than taking the easy option of importing labour. Surely that is a plus for the young people of the UK?
Login to get fewer ads

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 12:18 - Jul 17 with 1466 viewsjeera

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 12:12 - Jul 17 by gazzer1999

Don't have a problem with rules, just wish more of the EU abide and implement them as we do/did. One bonus will be lazy companies will have to do more about training young people to do skilled jobs rather than taking the easy option of importing labour. Surely that is a plus for the young people of the UK?

There's an EU rule that says member states aren't allowed to train their own citizens?

Ffs. I'm now glad we left.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 12:19 - Jul 17 with 1460 viewsgazzer1999

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 10:00 - Jul 17 by Keno

Id ban the rule that allows countries to leave but back date that abolished to before the Brexit vote

Shall we extend that rule to Boris?
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 12:21 - Jul 17 with 1454 viewsgazzer1999

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 12:18 - Jul 17 by jeera

There's an EU rule that says member states aren't allowed to train their own citizens?

Ffs. I'm now glad we left.

God you are lazy, read what I said.
[Redacted] on 12:28 - Jul 17 with 1435 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 12:29 - Jul 17 with 1430 viewsjeera

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 12:21 - Jul 17 by gazzer1999

God you are lazy, read what I said.

I read what you said and it was desperate.

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 12:53 - Jul 17 with 1380 viewsHARRY10

No.companoes are merelyshifting abriad so as to continue access to a large labour pool.

The idea that if you banned EU workers you would then allow UK workers to move to where the work is, was extremely stupid to say the least, as anyone living north of Birmingham will not be able to sell and buy the same level of housing (much as will renters in the south

It is if some Town fans thought that only allowing Suffolk born players would some how make us more competitive, with the 'hard' no deal brexiteers wanting it to be only Ipswich born players.
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:13 - Jul 17 with 1342 viewsgazzer1999

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 12:53 - Jul 17 by HARRY10

No.companoes are merelyshifting abriad so as to continue access to a large labour pool.

The idea that if you banned EU workers you would then allow UK workers to move to where the work is, was extremely stupid to say the least, as anyone living north of Birmingham will not be able to sell and buy the same level of housing (much as will renters in the south

It is if some Town fans thought that only allowing Suffolk born players would some how make us more competitive, with the 'hard' no deal brexiteers wanting it to be only Ipswich born players.

Harry you may think it is ok to write off young people and that is your right, I do not share the same sentiments. We are lucky that the UK youth unemployment is not as bad as the EU, but are they all in skilled work? People on this site bang on about not being any benefits to Brexit, but I believe training the young as being one of them and I will continue to speak up for the young in this country to get the training and skilled jobs that they deserve and are needed.
I am not advocating a Tebbit movement, however isn't that what the EU created?
And construction companies are not moving abroad either, (that would be rather strange). So not all companies are doing what you say, my guess is we will get companies come the other way or stay such as is happening with City jobs.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 13:16]
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:20 - Jul 17 with 1319 viewsZXBlue

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:13 - Jul 17 by gazzer1999

Harry you may think it is ok to write off young people and that is your right, I do not share the same sentiments. We are lucky that the UK youth unemployment is not as bad as the EU, but are they all in skilled work? People on this site bang on about not being any benefits to Brexit, but I believe training the young as being one of them and I will continue to speak up for the young in this country to get the training and skilled jobs that they deserve and are needed.
And construction companies are not moving abroad either, (that would be rather strange). So not all companies are doing what you say, my guess is we will get companies come the other way or stay such as is happening with City jobs.

This is ridiculous.

Nothing about brexit allows young people better training. That is entirely down to government investment and policy, which is shyte.
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:25 - Jul 17 with 1308 viewsjaykay

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:13 - Jul 17 by gazzer1999

i wonder what would have happened to all our bricklayers, plumbers carpenters etc if we were'nt in the e.u in the early eighty's. at that time all we were interested in was the city wide boys. thank god some of us were allowed in other countries to work

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:26 - Jul 17 with 1304 viewsgazzer1999

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:20 - Jul 17 by ZXBlue

This is ridiculous.

Nothing about brexit allows young people better training. That is entirely down to government investment and policy, which is shyte.

You are missing my point completely.
However government policy has allowed companies to import cheap labour to the detriment of training and ensure wages are pushed down I grant you that. I guess that really depressed you though.
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:29 - Jul 17 with 1284 viewsgazzer1999

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:25 - Jul 17 by jaykay

i wonder what would have happened to all our bricklayers, plumbers carpenters etc if we were'nt in the e.u in the early eighty's. at that time all we were interested in was the city wide boys. thank god some of us were allowed in other countries to work

Auf wiedersehen pet, why did you come back if its that crap?
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:31 - Jul 17 with 1270 viewsZXBlue

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:26 - Jul 17 by gazzer1999

You are missing my point completely.
However government policy has allowed companies to import cheap labour to the detriment of training and ensure wages are pushed down I grant you that. I guess that really depressed you though.

But that has nothing to do with the EU. What you appear to be saying is that the government wont do things right, and cheap labour from abroad made it easier for them not to bother. But they still arent bothering, and could have chosen to bother at any stage.

Meanwhile we cant get enough people to do many of hte seasonal jobs required.
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:35 - Jul 17 with 1257 viewsEddyJ

Brexit was a gesture of discontent against neo-liberal globalism, of which the EU is a major proponent (as were the Blair and Cameron governments and likely the Sunak/Mordaunt/Starmer governments too).

The working people of Britain have seen themselves get poorer relative to the rich, with house prices beyond the reach of most young working families. Wages have stagnated and the standard of public services has declined.

Our politicians have put short-termist growth ahead of social mobility, long term wealth creation and the environment. Selling off council houses, selling our gold reserves, privatising our national infrastructure and reducing the wages paid to public servants have all been disastrous for us as a country. Low-skilled immigration has been used to deliver growth when we should have focused on automation, innovation and increased productivity.

The EU, while not being directly to blame for any of the above, is still a symbol of neo-liberal globalisation. A large amount of the low-skilled immigration is due to EU freedom of movement. Removal of trade barriers has made many of our domestic industries unprofitable, so we have been pigeon-holed into focusing our economy around financial services.

Other than Corbyn (who was un-electable due to his views on the middle east) and Boris (who should have been un-electable due to his being a self-serving w@nker), we have not had a serious alternative to neo-liberal politics. The EU referendum was the first real chance the electorate had to reject neo-liberalism and we did. Possibly at great expense to ourselves.

Yet, other than the Conservatives' brief flirtation with populism, we are still in a position where both major parties (and the Lib Dems) have built their entire manifestos around neo-liberalism. The gap between poor and rich is still growing. Something has to give in British politics. Someone has to realise that Brexit wasn't a rejection of the EU. It was a rejection of the Conservatives, Labour and the Lib Dems.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 13:43]
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:35 - Jul 17 with 1251 viewsjeera

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:29 - Jul 17 by gazzer1999

He didn't say anything about it being crap.

See, this is the problem.

You have no specific points to make so revert to this "If you don't like it then leave" rhetoric to fellow British citizens.

If all you want to do is feck up this nation of ours wouldn't it be better if you and others like you left?

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:35 - Jul 17 with 1254 viewsIpswichKnight

I’d get rid of the 2FA rule by which all online payments over a set amount ( think it’s 50 quid ) have to be verified by 2FA. Every online payment you make will have to be verified either by a text code, a code that is sent by picking up a call from your bank or via an authentication app. Remember in the EU online payments are under 50% while in the UK it’s shooting past 60% with people embracing mobile payments ( we’re world leaders on mobile payments). 2FA is just not needed here biometric authentication on your phone is way more secure than 2FA. Fraud in the UK is around people being targeted by phishing emails and giving your details that way, we really do not need 2FA on our online payments and should be binned or we should be given the option to opt out of it.
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:36 - Jul 17 with 1247 viewsjaykay

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:29 - Jul 17 by gazzer1999

i see answer a ? with a ?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:36 - Jul 17 with 1246 viewsgazzer1999

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:31 - Jul 17 by ZXBlue

But that has nothing to do with the EU. What you appear to be saying is that the government wont do things right, and cheap labour from abroad made it easier for them not to bother. But they still arent bothering, and could have chosen to bother at any stage.

Meanwhile we cant get enough people to do many of hte seasonal jobs required.

We did before and we can again, what you appear to want is cheap foreign labour. We currently have around 5 million people inactive in this country, can some of them do seasonal work?
We have left the EU whether we like it or not, what's wrong with uniting and actually trying for once, hell even Starmer won't rejoin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024