Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which EU rules would you get rid of? 09:40 - Jul 17 with 3138 viewsMattinLondon

To the people in the know, which EU rules should we abolish? Just interested to know which of the European laws you think hinders competition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-62194671
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 09:19 - Jul 18 with 231 viewsEwan_Oozami

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 19:55 - Jul 17 by gazzer1999

Strange lie by you there, looks like the Uk at the front of banning.
https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2002/dec/03/uk.advertising

Think you're missing the point there....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 10:01 - Jul 18 with 207 viewsLeaky

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 12:18 - Jul 17 by jeera

There's an EU rule that says member states aren't allowed to train their own citizens?

Ffs. I'm now glad we left.

I have worked in construction for 50 years. I found that since freedom of movement. It was cheaper for companies to "import" ready trained labour from Eastern Europe, than train our own school leavers with apprenticeships. Hence why we have a shortage of skilled labour. I once had a beer with a Director of one our largest house builders. He made a point that they had tried to recruit brickie's from Scotland & the North East to work in London, they would relocate as long as they were given hotel accommodation, we can't afford that. He remarked why cant they live in a caravan like the Lithuanians do. I made the point if you have business meeting & and can't get home do you stay in a caravan or Travel Lodge. His reply I want to stay somewhere better than a Travel Lodge.
Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 10:35 - Jul 18 with 199 viewsCityBlue

Irony is that the majority of contentious EU rules and laws were introduced by the UK.

...and as we all know, the UK leads for "Leave" only started their campaigns when the tax haven laws started to go though the preliminary rounds of being passed as EU law.

I T I D

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 10:45 - Jul 18 with 193 viewsLeaky

Which EU rules would you get rid of? on 13:39 - Jul 17 by Pinewoodblue

You are conveniently missing the point being made. If, for whatever reason, you restrict the flow of a particular skill set you need to train up whatever is available.

Our problem of course is that regardless of the level of skill needed the total workforce available is not sufficient to meet demand, Train people who just clear tables, in a pub, so they are able to pull a pint leaves you will an unfilled vacancy for someone to clear tables.

Why cant they clear tables & poor pints obviously depends on how busy they are. How many times have i been in a pub where plates are left on a table that has been vacated & the bar staff are farting around on their phone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024