Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? 09:30 - Aug 20 with 1628 viewsunstableblue

Think Shrews will be a set-up in quality from Burton, but may not be able to match the manic Burton press of Tuesday night. I certainly think the Shrews manager will have watched how effective the high press was employed by Burton. But I understand they sat deep against Derby to good effect. So we may have our true park the bus of the season… which will be interesting on how Town can break it down.

The shrews can get you on the break, with a 2—1 win at Wycombe, despite 34% possession.

The big positive for me is that Town actually had an off night Tuesday or certainly an off half, with some real sloppiness in passing, including back passes. I expect Wolfenden and Edmundson will shake off questionable form, and perhaps we’ll even see Keogh.

Going to be interesting on Burns and if injured who replaces him, surely edwards or KVY will get the nod?

Really want Chaplin back. And a course for Ladapo.

If Shrews are a little less ariel than Burton then Davis back in for Leigh.

So to summarise we should win, but will have to better than Tuesday, Shrews will be tougher, but we should have enough… if we are better than Tuesday!

Shrews 0 - Ipswich 2

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 09:48 - Aug 20 with 1549 viewsVic

I have no doubt that we have the quality and maturity now to win these games. I don’t think it will be easy and could be a similar game to Tuesday - not in the aI rial bombardment sense, but just a difficult team to break down.

It will be a huge bonus in Burns is fit, and yes, I’d bring Davis back.

Play well - we win by 2 goals. If we’re off our game I can see us struggling and expect a draw. In confident we won’t lose.

0-2 for me.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 09:51 - Aug 20 with 1520 viewsFrimleyBlue

Agree with the changes you potentially see happening altho I think it'll stay as Wolfenden and edmundson.

Key today is just carry on doing what we've been doing, just find that bit of composure where it matters.

With each passing games comes more match fitness and more role understanding for the team. It can only get better.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 09:57 - Aug 20 with 1510 viewsJon_456

I keep reading people expecting keogh to come in but I just don’t see it happening other than injuries.

Why would McKenna break up a back three that’s kept more clean sheets than goals conceded?

2-0 win today.
So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 10:03 - Aug 20 with 1478 viewsjayessess

Sat back on Tuesday and whilst they might take inspiration from Burton, that would be a high risk strategy for them. Get your high press wrong and the opposition pass through you and into the abundant spaces behind you (almost happened to Burton a few times, even though they were having a good night).

Extra risky if it's not your main way of playing and you aren't necessarily well-drilled in doing it.

I assume we'll go back to Plan A for this one if Burns passes his fitness test. I'd probably go with KVY if he doesn't.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 10:06 - Aug 20 with 1467 viewsChondzoresk

After reading their forum, they seem to think we are a big upgrade on Derby and wary of us. They are Worried about their own midfield and threadbare bench. We have won 2 away so far, so I feel confident of a third away win. I’ll stick my neck out. 0-3. Harness with 2. Ladapo to break his duck. On our way to 100 goals and 100 points, crowned champions.👍
So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 10:08 - Aug 20 with 1445 viewsAlanG296

An away win with Walton having little to do for a change would be good.
So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 10:09 - Aug 20 with 1440 viewsunstableblue

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 09:51 - Aug 20 by FrimleyBlue

Agree with the changes you potentially see happening altho I think it'll stay as Wolfenden and edmundson.

Key today is just carry on doing what we've been doing, just find that bit of composure where it matters.

With each passing games comes more match fitness and more role understanding for the team. It can only get better.

Yes stick with Wolfenden and Edmundson… they’ll settle into real form, we’re not conceding despite wobbles

A Ladapo goal would be a boost for him and the project

We should have too much for The Shrews.. and we want some points on the board for a tougher September…

Win today and we go 13 points for August which is massive… ahead of tougher games against BArnsley, Weds and Plymouth

It’s a slog this season.., a marathon, points in the bag whenever possible

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 10:09 - Aug 20 with 1429 viewsunstableblue

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 10:03 - Aug 20 by jayessess

Sat back on Tuesday and whilst they might take inspiration from Burton, that would be a high risk strategy for them. Get your high press wrong and the opposition pass through you and into the abundant spaces behind you (almost happened to Burton a few times, even though they were having a good night).

Extra risky if it's not your main way of playing and you aren't necessarily well-drilled in doing it.

I assume we'll go back to Plan A for this one if Burns passes his fitness test. I'd probably go with KVY if he doesn't.

Agree on all that

Login to get fewer ads

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 10:14 - Aug 20 with 1407 viewspointofblue

I’m prepared for a set back. We will not continue to get away with Woolfenden and Edmundson having lapses of concentration and at least one will be punished eventually. Going forwards we’ve improved in style of play and finishing has gone from non-existent to patchy, so moving in the right direction too.

A defeat today will be disappointing but we do have ricks that could be punished. If/when we iron them out we could be almost unstoppable.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 11:17 - Aug 20 with 1232 viewsitfcsuth

Took a point off Derby and beat Wycombe away.

Not going to be an easy game, but I really do think we are strong side, under KMc we’ve developed into such a well coached side and have a strong identity.

Think we’ll win, but will have to weather a strong spell from Shrewsbury at some point.
So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 11:42 - Aug 20 with 1160 viewsMetal_Hacker

Why are we worrying about Shrewsbury ? Shrewsbury !

We’ve enough about us to play them off the park

2-0 win - Chaplin and Freddie

Poll: If it were one or the other

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 11:55 - Aug 20 with 1100 viewsLeoMuff

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 11:42 - Aug 20 by Metal_Hacker

Why are we worrying about Shrewsbury ? Shrewsbury !

We’ve enough about us to play them off the park

2-0 win - Chaplin and Freddie

Is the attitude that has seen us fail at the last two attempts by some distance, we will have to work very hard to beat any team in this league, yes we have the quality but how many times have we not matched work rate or physical approach ? over the previous campaigns many times.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 12:04 - Aug 20 with 1066 viewsMetal_Hacker

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 11:55 - Aug 20 by LeoMuff

Is the attitude that has seen us fail at the last two attempts by some distance, we will have to work very hard to beat any team in this league, yes we have the quality but how many times have we not matched work rate or physical approach ? over the previous campaigns many times.

But we are matching workrate and we’re certainly fitter than last year add into the equation the quality of football we can play

No worries

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 12:55 - Aug 20 with 923 viewspointofblue

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 12:04 - Aug 20 by Metal_Hacker

But we are matching workrate and we’re certainly fitter than last year add into the equation the quality of football we can play

No worries

From your response you’re expecting an unbeaten season. I think there will be slip ups on the way for the reasons I said above.

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 13:12 - Aug 20 with 859 viewsArnieM

Whilst I’d bite your hand off for that win, I don’t think we should be too disappointed if we secured a draw. They are a well organised , and good team. But avoiding defeat is a must and that for every game this season isn’t it.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 13:23 - Aug 20 with 813 viewsWallingford_Boy

Really do need to win against the likes of Shrewsbury, tougher games coming up.

Any dropped points today could cost us later on.

A scrappy 1-0 win.

RIP Sir Bobby

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 21:45 - Aug 20 with 630 viewsMetal_Hacker

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 12:55 - Aug 20 by pointofblue

From your response you’re expecting an unbeaten season. I think there will be slip ups on the way for the reasons I said above.

Hello ? Anyone in !!!???

Keep the faith

We won’t go unbeaten but ffs if we can’t beat Shrewsbury……

We won’t go unbeaten obviously but are streets ahead this season

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 22:34 - Aug 20 with 535 viewspointofblue

So how we feeling about Shrews away blue army? 4th win or set-back? on 21:45 - Aug 20 by Metal_Hacker

Hello ? Anyone in !!!???

Keep the faith

We won’t go unbeaten but ffs if we can’t beat Shrewsbury……

We won’t go unbeaten obviously but are streets ahead this season

I will keep being pessimistic before kick off if it keeps working!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024