Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still p1ssed off 00:40 - Dec 3 with 2721 viewsclive_baker

With the result but also the performance. Pretty uninspiring performance with and without the ball. Arguably our worst of the season I would say.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Still p1ssed off on 00:55 - Dec 3 with 2351 viewsWallingford_Boy

You.. cannot.. criticise…. Ever

RIP Sir Bobby

Still p1ssed off on 02:05 - Dec 3 with 2323 viewsRyorry

First five minutes were great, it was the other 91 that were the problem

As usual after a game & last gasp disappointment like that, I've been too adrenalined up to even want to sleep (well, till now anyway).

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Still p1ssed off on 07:03 - Dec 3 with 2190 viewsLeoMuff

Still p1ssed off on 02:05 - Dec 3 by Ryorry

First five minutes were great, it was the other 91 that were the problem

As usual after a game & last gasp disappointment like that, I've been too adrenalined up to even want to sleep (well, till now anyway).

Thought first half was good, but we really struggled from about 60-65 onwards, we looked like the team in 16th league position not Fleetwood.

Absolutely shocking ref though, and terrible luck that went in, couldn’t make it up.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Still p1ssed off on 07:10 - Dec 3 with 2179 viewsBseaBlue

Still p1ssed off on 07:03 - Dec 3 by LeoMuff

Thought first half was good, but we really struggled from about 60-65 onwards, we looked like the team in 16th league position not Fleetwood.

Absolutely shocking ref though, and terrible luck that went in, couldn’t make it up.

As bad as we were, the Ref was worse! He let far too much go and Chaplin was basically allowed to be bullied all night.

I just hope we can get to January without falling back too much. Maybe a right winger is needed so Burns can have a rest. He doesn't look himself at all.
Still p1ssed off on 07:25 - Dec 3 with 2156 viewsitfcjoe

Second half was really poor, easily our poorest off the season / still took a big deflection in last minute to concede which I guess is a positive - ie despite being rubbish we stopped them creating anything.

Felt bench was wrong from the start - 2 CBs and 2 FBs purely because of seniority didn’t allow us to make our attacking subs when needed. Why not Chirewa ahead of Keogh who was never going to play?

Hard to get back in control when ref just allowing them to kick us off the park though - we couldn’t gain a foothold as such an aggressive and in my eyes against the rules approach was allowed to continue

But they fully deserved their point on balance of play, must beat Posh next week

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Still p1ssed off on 07:35 - Dec 3 with 2123 viewsCornishMariner

Still p1ssed off on 07:25 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

Second half was really poor, easily our poorest off the season / still took a big deflection in last minute to concede which I guess is a positive - ie despite being rubbish we stopped them creating anything.

Felt bench was wrong from the start - 2 CBs and 2 FBs purely because of seniority didn’t allow us to make our attacking subs when needed. Why not Chirewa ahead of Keogh who was never going to play?

Hard to get back in control when ref just allowing them to kick us off the park though - we couldn’t gain a foothold as such an aggressive and in my eyes against the rules approach was allowed to continue

But they fully deserved their point on balance of play, must beat Posh next week

Agree on bench. Chirewa can keep hold of the ball well and would have been a better replacement for Edwards than Jackson who ran fast but then kept losing it.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

Still p1ssed off on 07:40 - Dec 3 with 2113 viewstractorboy1978

We could not of had a better start and we just allowed the game to drift. Worryingly we looked dead on our feet in the last half an hour or so, we stopped pressing from the front and were really sloppy with the ball. Whilst we created enough of our own problems, the ref was also dire.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 7:40]
Still p1ssed off on 07:44 - Dec 3 with 2085 viewsitfcjoe

Still p1ssed off on 07:40 - Dec 3 by tractorboy1978

We could not of had a better start and we just allowed the game to drift. Worryingly we looked dead on our feet in the last half an hour or so, we stopped pressing from the front and were really sloppy with the ball. Whilst we created enough of our own problems, the ref was also dire.

Ahadme just doesn’t look like he understands when to press and that makes things fall down, although by that point we’d dropped so deep though it was very hard up there

Login to get fewer ads

Still p1ssed off on 07:55 - Dec 3 with 2025 viewstractorboy1978

Still p1ssed off on 07:44 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

Ahadme just doesn’t look like he understands when to press and that makes things fall down, although by that point we’d dropped so deep though it was very hard up there

He's a bit of a bull in a china shop. I know Jackson has qualities McKenna likes but he's got so many limitations too. The pair of them were poor coming off the bench last night when we needed to freshen it up and some more energy on the pitch.

Getting through to January roughly where we are is key now.
Still p1ssed off on 08:04 - Dec 3 with 1996 viewsMach_foreignBlue

PIssed off? But this manager thinks otherwise, he is pleased with the teams effort, he seems relaxed and not really that we have dropped points again.

Kinda he reminds us Lambert following the Lincoln away game.

For the large number of our fans he remains totally fine and free of criticism.

Moreover, Toto Nsiala mercilessly and undeservedly abused by some football experts during his time with us. He had a relatively comfortable evening last night. How on earth then under this manager can't our forwards and strikers trouble him and his teams defence?

McKenna seems clueless in terms of game management and beating so called 'poor' sides at home.
Still p1ssed off on 08:05 - Dec 3 with 1994 viewsDubtractor

Still p1ssed off on 07:55 - Dec 3 by tractorboy1978

He's a bit of a bull in a china shop. I know Jackson has qualities McKenna likes but he's got so many limitations too. The pair of them were poor coming off the bench last night when we needed to freshen it up and some more energy on the pitch.

Getting through to January roughly where we are is key now.

Jackson I think is fine as an option from the bench when chasing a game, but last night not at all as he just doesn't take enough care of the ball.

I'll be polite and say that the jury is out on Ahadme - I hope we didn't pay too much for him.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Still p1ssed off on 08:11 - Dec 3 with 1958 viewsBseaBlue

I thought that. Ladapo has a way of shutting off options and forcing the long ball when he presses. As soon as Ahadme came on, they were knocking it about freely because he was aimlessly chasing.
Still p1ssed off on 08:36 - Dec 3 with 1899 viewsbobbyramsey

You're p1ssed off now?

Just wait until the same thing happens in the play-off final......
Still p1ssed off on 08:38 - Dec 3 with 1886 viewsLankHenners

Still p1ssed off on 08:05 - Dec 3 by Dubtractor

Jackson I think is fine as an option from the bench when chasing a game, but last night not at all as he just doesn't take enough care of the ball.

I'll be polite and say that the jury is out on Ahadme - I hope we didn't pay too much for him.

You could see the reasoning behind the Jackson switch as McKenna probably thought we didn’t have any options to change the midfield and wrestle control back so we might as well have someone on the pitch with pace to hit them on the break but on the occasions Jackson had that opportunity he ruined it with dreadful touches. The one where he broke down the right and actually did well to beat the first man but then trampoline touched it straight to the next defender was particularly frustrating as we had players free in space on the left if he’d have kept it and got his head up.

Felt a bit for Ahadme as, as Joe said above, by the time he came on we weren’t pressing as high up as a team which meant he was often running after the CBs and CDM by himself which was quite easy for them to bypass. Quite tough to come on when the team’s playing so badly and turn things around, especially when he’s still quite young and inexperienced. Putting him in the ‘more to come’ box for now.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Still p1ssed off on 08:38 - Dec 3 with 1877 viewsStokieBlue

Still p1ssed off on 08:04 - Dec 3 by Mach_foreignBlue

PIssed off? But this manager thinks otherwise, he is pleased with the teams effort, he seems relaxed and not really that we have dropped points again.

Moreover, Toto Nsiala mercilessly and undeservedly abused by some football experts during his time with us. He had a relatively comfortable evening last night. How on earth then under this manager can't our forwards and strikers trouble him and his teams defence?

McKenna seems clueless in terms of game management and beating so called 'poor' sides at home.

A pretty ridiculous assessment of McKenna there but to be expected I guess.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Still p1ssed off on 08:45 - Dec 3 with 1837 viewsLeoMuff

Still p1ssed off on 08:04 - Dec 3 by Mach_foreignBlue

For all his quality McKenna is still in his first season as a manager, and he has made a very very promising start, however I agree we are naive at times, we should have sh1thoused out that game starting at min 70.

He is always going to be even win or lose, and was probably as traumatised as us yesterday however the sign of a great boss is he looks fully unflustered when going through turmoil.

How can we really criticise much we are playing great football and made our best start in years.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Still p1ssed off on 08:47 - Dec 3 with 1825 viewsblueislander

We were poor in the second half, but you have to give credit to Fleetwood for their second half performance. I have no idea of the statistics, but I have the impression that they had more possession than any other team we have played.
Still p1ssed off on 08:51 - Dec 3 with 1810 viewsitfcjoe

Still p1ssed off on 08:47 - Dec 3 by blueislander

We were poor in the second half, but you have to give credit to Fleetwood for their second half performance. I have no idea of the statistics, but I have the impression that they had more possession than any other team we have played.

Without a doubt, there are two sides on the pitch and they were excellent - thibk we needed a third man on midfield but just didn’t have one and it allowed them to dominate the game without threatening really though

Still p1ssed off on 09:10 - Dec 3 with 1751 viewsblueislander

Still p1ssed off on 08:51 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

Without a doubt, there are two sides on the pitch and they were excellent - thibk we needed a third man on midfield but just didn’t have one and it allowed them to dominate the game without threatening really though

While not in any way blaming Humphries because I thought he was pretty good, we really missed Evans last night. Also the lack of options on the bench cost us.
Still p1ssed off on 09:26 - Dec 3 with 1703 viewscarlisleaway

Still p1ssed off on 09:10 - Dec 3 by blueislander

While not in any way blaming Humphries because I thought he was pretty good, we really missed Evans last night. Also the lack of options on the bench cost us.

After a nights sleep I woke up even more annoyed…..McKenna has to change his tactics, playing around the park is fine in the Championship and Premiership but not against lower teams in this league.
Appreciate the Fleetwood goal was a bit of a fluke, but when do you see Ipswich players having a shot from long range. Yes the referee was awful and should have had a pen in the last minute…BUT this game should have been won in the first half and how many home games have we said this.
Desperate need for a decent striker, think you would be lucky to get one in January.
Have a horrible feeling that if we don’t change, it will be the play offs for us.
Injuries have hit us hard, but so have Plymouth. Quality of players that McKenna has bought in have been poor apart from Davis and Harness
Still p1ssed off on 09:27 - Dec 3 with 1697 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Imagine watching that but missing our goal!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Still p1ssed off on 09:32 - Dec 3 with 1678 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Still p1ssed off on 08:05 - Dec 3 by Dubtractor

Jackson getting to the corner flag and immediately giving the ball away wasn't great was it. Well done for being polite about Ahadme...I concur.

Still p1ssed off on 09:32 - Dec 3 with 1676 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Still p1ssed off on 08:45 - Dec 3 by LeoMuff

For all his quality McKenna is still in his first season as a manager, and he has made a very very promising start, however I agree we are naive at times, we should have sh1thoused out that game starting at min 70.

He is always going to be even win or lose, and was probably as traumatised as us yesterday however the sign of a great boss is he looks fully unflustered when going through turmoil.

How can we really criticise much we are playing great football and made our best start in years.

He doesn't seem to have a clue about the sh1thousing and game management. These both aspects are very essential in this league.

Yet again more points dropped and there seems to be no end of it. This may change in the future and please let it happen but so far he hasn't addressed the weak mentality among the squad.
Still p1ssed off on 09:47 - Dec 3 with 1629 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Still p1ssed off on 09:32 - Dec 3 by Mach_foreignBlue

He doesn't seem to have a clue about the sh1thousing and game management. These both aspects are very essential in this league.

Yet again more points dropped and there seems to be no end of it. This may change in the future and please let it happen but so far he hasn't addressed the weak mentality among the squad.

What we need is the 2nd and 3rd goal.....no need for the dark arts then.

Still p1ssed off on 10:03 - Dec 3 with 1595 viewsRyorry

Still p1ssed off on 07:40 - Dec 3 by tractorboy1978

I for one was certainly lulled into a false sense of "wonder how many we're going to get tonight then?" by that very early goal, & thought it'd be a certain 3 points for us. Maybe some of our players were same 🤔 Whereas it just served to fire up the Fleetood thugs. I don't get to see many games, but haven't seen many dirtier than that from the opposition for 22-23 years ...
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 10:03]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024