Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
December Results 22:43 - Dec 29 with 3383 viewsTalkingBlues

At the start of the month, I think it's fair to say that we were all a bit nervous given the injuries situation in the squad and we really didn't know what points were achievable. As it turns out, we managed 8 points from the 5 games, which doesn't sound great and we did lose ground to both Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday in the process, but only by a point or 2. I believe our tally still put us at joint 3rd in the "points achieved in December" list in the league, so by no means a disaster, especially given the injuries.

A few shrewd signings in January and it's still ours to lose.

EDIT* my joint 3rd claim appears to have been a tad optimistic and may in fact be better described, as 5th (I prefer the sound of joint 3rd)

[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 23:49]

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

December Results on 22:45 - Dec 29 with 2866 viewsFrimleyBlue

draws like tonight are ok, IF we beat Lincoln.

But somtimes you can take a loss - like wycombe if you then follow up with a win as you;ve still ended up with more points... we need to ensure we don't continue the theme of drawing more games than putting on a winning run.

IF we want to finish the year promoted we need to get that 5/6 game winning run going.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

December Results on 22:50 - Dec 29 with 2795 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Actually 5th in the table you describe but, importantly only 2 points behind all of the top 3.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/daterange/fromdate:2

Barnsley have played 1 fewer match to get there. They are on great form but that is balanced by their much poorer start to the season. Form will vary for all of us from here until the end. The important thing is to pick up enough points.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

December Results on 22:59 - Dec 29 with 2718 viewsTalkingBlues

December Results on 22:50 - Dec 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Actually 5th in the table you describe but, importantly only 2 points behind all of the top 3.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/daterange/fromdate:2

Barnsley have played 1 fewer match to get there. They are on great form but that is balanced by their much poorer start to the season. Form will vary for all of us from here until the end. The important thing is to pick up enough points.

As the top 3 all got 10 points, followed by Wednesday and then us, that makes it joint 3rd doesn't it? Unless I'm having a brain fart, which is possible.

Lincoln poses a bit of concern for me if I'm being honest, because we have difficulty breaking teams down that sit back and if the game at our place is anything to go by, we know they'll park the bus and look to frustrate us on the break again, something that has been our achilles heel to date.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

December Results on 23:04 - Dec 29 with 2669 viewstextbackup

some really disappointing results/performances this month.

Fleetwood for the result alone

Wycombe/Pompy for the performance and the result.

we really need to get back on it and push on from here, as the nerves are really going to settle in, along with the panic button getting hit

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

December Results on 23:06 - Dec 29 with 2642 viewsNthsuffolkblue

December Results on 22:59 - Dec 29 by TalkingBlues

As the top 3 all got 10 points, followed by Wednesday and then us, that makes it joint 3rd doesn't it? Unless I'm having a brain fart, which is possible.

Lincoln poses a bit of concern for me if I'm being honest, because we have difficulty breaking teams down that sit back and if the game at our place is anything to go by, we know they'll park the bus and look to frustrate us on the break again, something that has been our achilles heel to date.

If 4 teams are ahead of you then we are 5th.

Imagine the World Cup final didn't go to penalties. The trophy gets shared and then the winners of the 3rd/4th play-off are still 3rd. They don't suddenly become runners-up because there were joint winners.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

December Results on 23:08 - Dec 29 with 2623 viewsSitfcB

December Results on 23:04 - Dec 29 by textbackup

we really need to get back on it and push on from here, as the nerves are really going to settle in, along with the panic button getting hit

If this was our blip month then what a blip it was.

New year and new month Monday, let’s kick on.

COYFB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

December Results on 23:08 - Dec 29 with 2622 viewstractorboy1978

We played miles better tonight than we did against Fleetwood.
December Results on 23:08 - Dec 29 with 2619 viewsIllinoisblue

Fleetwood still stings. Wycombe was bit like tonight; crazy amount of possession but not much threat. Still, 2nd going into the new year with a good window to come… cautiously optimistic. Playoff heartbreak I’m sure is at the back of all our minds. We just can’t afford to fk this up. We have to get out of league 1. Whatever it takes.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

December Results on 23:10 - Dec 29 with 2586 viewsSitfcB

December Results on 23:08 - Dec 29 by Illinoisblue

Fleetwood still stings. Wycombe was bit like tonight; crazy amount of possession but not much threat. Still, 2nd going into the new year with a good window to come… cautiously optimistic. Playoff heartbreak I’m sure is at the back of all our minds. We just can’t afford to fk this up. We have to get out of league 1. Whatever it takes.

Going to be a bumpy ride between now and May but sure we will be ok, just annoying that Plymouth and Wednesday aren’t dropping off.

COYB

December Results on 23:18 - Dec 29 with 2514 viewsOsborneOneNil

December Results on 23:08 - Dec 29 by Illinoisblue

Genuinely can’t even begin to entertain the play offs
December Results on 23:19 - Dec 29 with 2497 viewstextbackup

December Results on 23:08 - Dec 29 by tractorboy1978

We played miles better tonight than we did against Fleetwood.

hence why i said result alone for fleetwood
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 23:20]

December Results on 23:22 - Dec 29 with 2453 viewsRyorry

Our away game against Wednesday keeps haunting me. Even back then on Sept. 17th it somehow felt like 2 points dropped in a 6-pointer.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

December Results on 23:22 - Dec 29 with 2430 viewsSitfcB

December Results on 23:18 - Dec 29 by OsborneOneNil

Barnsley in the final, Norwood winner.

COYB

December Results on 23:22 - Dec 29 with 2427 viewstextbackup

December Results on 23:22 - Dec 29 by SitfcB

even people joking about that pisses me off

December Results on 23:29 - Dec 29 with 2365 viewsFixed_It

Don't. Just don't!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

December Results on 23:30 - Dec 29 with 2357 viewsunstableblue

No comparison for me between the Wycombe and Portsmouth performances

I thought we just weren’t on it at Wycombe… too many players out of sorts nit enough intensity or chances

Thought we were miles better tonight

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

December Results on 23:34 - Dec 29 with 2294 viewsIllinoisblue

I was thinking 90+7 winner off his fat ass in the home second leg of the semi final. In front of the North stand, obviously

62 - 78 - 81

December Results on 23:36 - Dec 29 with 2279 viewsle2blue

December Results on 23:10 - Dec 29 by SitfcB

Going to be a bumpy ride between now and May but sure we will be ok, just annoying that Plymouth and Wednesday aren’t dropping off.

They’re saying the same about us and not dropping off.

We’ve had our sticky few weeks with injuries, with strengthening to come, I’m sure we will be fine.
December Results on 23:38 - Dec 29 with 2258 viewsTalkingBlues

December Results on 23:06 - Dec 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

If 4 teams are ahead of you then we are 5th.

Imagine the World Cup final didn't go to penalties. The trophy gets shared and then the winners of the 3rd/4th play-off are still 3rd. They don't suddenly become runners-up because there were joint winners.

That's a fair point, I think I may have turkey poisoning

December Results on 23:42 - Dec 29 with 2236 viewstextbackup

December Results on 23:30 - Dec 29 by unstableblue

No comparison for me between the Wycombe and Portsmouth performances

I thought we just weren’t on it at Wycombe… too many players out of sorts nit enough intensity or chances

Thought we were miles better tonight

we were miles better, we still had no real threat.

that is what is grating on me really.

i know we need to remain calm, and KMc will see us through, but as a fan that panic cant help but set it

December Results on 04:22 - Dec 30 with 1922 viewsIllinoisblue

December Results on 23:22 - Dec 29 by Ryorry

Our away game against Wednesday keeps haunting me. Even back then on Sept. 17th it somehow felt like 2 points dropped in a 6-pointer.

That, Fleetwood, Ch***ton, we’ve messed up late on rather too much. But all things considered it’s been a 7.5/10 first half of the season. Strap in, it could get bumpy.

62 - 78 - 81

December Results on 07:30 - Dec 30 with 1654 viewsbilllm

December Results on 22:45 - Dec 29 by FrimleyBlue

But somtimes you can take a loss - like wycombe if you then follow up with a win as you;ve still ended up with more points... we need to ensure we don't continue the theme of drawing more games than putting on a winning run.

IF we want to finish the year promoted we need to get that 5/6 game winning run going.

Totally agree where's this run others put together, Racking up to many draws now it hurt Sunderland a few years back hardly lost any drew to many, lost top two spot and I'm sure didn't go up, watch this space, possessions great if you score, we fail to get the ball in the box enough ATM,
December Results on 07:32 - Dec 30 with 1650 viewsbilllm

December Results on 23:18 - Dec 29 by OsborneOneNil

We don't have the bottle for them
December Results on 10:02 - Dec 30 with 1479 viewsEly_Blue

December Results on 22:45 - Dec 29 by FrimleyBlue

If we beat a Lincoln side who havent lost at home all season so far!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

December Results on 10:34 - Dec 30 with 1410 viewsBigCommon

I predicted 8pts from December fixtures. Although last night's draw at Pompey will be fresh in the minds of most.The one that really got away, was the home draw with Fleetwood at the beginning of the month. If we'd held on in that one, we'd have 10pts from the 5 December games, at 2ppg....The good thing is, we are still in the top 2, just. I thought we could be sitting3rd by now... We seem to have kinda bobbled along for 4 or 5 weeks now, dropping points now and then. That's understandable imo, with the squad situation we've had. There's a long way to go yet.And I think we are capable of resetting and going on a good run of 5 or 6 straight wims.With players coming back to full fitness, and the odd addition in the window.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024